Author Topic: BanthaPooDoom's Custom Figures  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
Re: BanthaPooDoom's Custom Figures
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 06:13:11 PM »
Great customs man!!! welcome to the yards, can't wait to see more of your awesome work!!!

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 08:08:55 PM »
Nice, I very much like the Quareen! And I really like the color scheme for the Mando, it really pops!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 10:16:17 AM »
Sweet!

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »
Welcome aboard.....loving that mando :D

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 06:26:00 AM »
Caught your Mando on the fp here; nice shades and color choices used there.  The orange-tinted visor is a nice touch.

Welcome to the 'Yards!  Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff here soon--

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline BanthaPooDoom

• BanthaPooDOOM
  • Cadet
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »
Hey guys! I just wanted to let you all know that I have a couple of customs coming up that I am almost done with. I am probably going to post them within the next week or so, but I have a question if any of you could help me. What sealant is best to put on a figure? Ive tried sooooooo many over the years of customizing and ive never really been impressed with any ive tried. Ive tried all different kinds from spray-on to paint-on and most of the ones I have tried, the coats just come off and peel off or leave my figure sticky. So if any of you could help, it would be greatly appreciated so just reply to this post if you have suggestions! Thanks!

BanthaPooDoom (Tyler)   
Is he bringing additional warriors? He didnt say...

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 06:21:13 PM »
One I *just* found and used on the parts of my Secret Santa custom that I painted is from the Vallejo line of paints.  My local Hobby Lobby just started carrying the line and has it racked in the same aisle as the models and Testors paints.  They are comparatively tiny squeeze bottles, but you don't need much!  I used the satin varnish on skin and cloth and I like how it turned out.  I'll be getting the gloss varnish to use on some armored figs one of these days.

BTW, I'd missed your thread until today.  That's some incredible work!!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 05:15:03 AM »
Hey guys! I just wanted to let you all know that I have a couple of customs coming up that I am almost done with. I am probably going to post them within the next week or so, but I have a question if any of you could help me. What sealant is best to put on a figure? Ive tried sooooooo many over the years of customizing and ive never really been impressed with any ive tried. Ive tried all different kinds from spray-on to paint-on and most of the ones I have tried, the coats just come off and peel off or leave my figure sticky. So if any of you could help, it would be greatly appreciated so just reply to this post if you have suggestions! Thanks!

BanthaPooDoom (Tyler)    

I've used a cheap matte spray sealant (from WalMart) as well as Testors dullcote (which you can get in spray can or smaller bottles that can be brushed directly on).   I actually think that both work just fine, but I'd give a slight edge to the Testors dullcote (just because of how well it takes the 'shiny-ness' out of your paint apps).  

*The key with any sealant is to apply minimally.  If you're going to go with a sealant that you paint on with a brush, go 1-2 coats with a small brush; don't try to add that extra coat because you think it'll add more protection.  (Actually all it does is add another layer to your joints that will most likely rub off much more easily because of that decision.)  When using a spray sealant, be sure to keep the can about 10 inches from the figure/vehicle and spray in one or two even, but light, shots.  The greatest trouble I had when I first started using spray sealants was thinking I had to apply them heavily to get the protection I needed, but that is not the case at all.  A couple quick, even, sprays on the areas you want protected is all that is necessary.

Hope this helps; and remember: there is no substitute for practice.  Get a fig you don't really like, paint it up on the joints, and then test out the sealing procedure on it to get the feel for how you want to apply it.  That way, you don't ruin the custom figs you really like later on!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:18:03 AM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline BanthaPooDoom

• BanthaPooDOOM
  • Cadet
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 11:14:43 AM »
Thanks DocOutlands and JediMerc! I really appreciate the help and the complements! I am actually having surgery tomorrow so I will be all laid up in bed for a while so I will have some time to continue on the customs. Thanks again guys!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 12:23:42 PM »
wishing you a speedy recovery mate
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline BanthaPooDoom

• BanthaPooDOOM
  • Cadet
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
Hey guys! I'm back!! Haha I've missed posting my work so much but I've been SOO busy the past months with graduation, college, and music so I've not been posting on here, til now! So, I will be posting a video covering some of my latest customs here pretty soon. Thank you all for the support and may the force be with you! Enjoy!

Tyler

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2013, 02:45:59 AM »
We look forward to seeing your new work.

Offline BanthaPooDoom

• BanthaPooDOOM
  • Cadet
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 09:09:05 PM »

Hello again Yarders! I'm finally back with a video update on my latest customs! Thank you all for your support and hope you all enjoy! Feel free to leave some comments anywhere you please. Hopefully my video link will embed in my post... Thanks again and may the force be with you!

Offline BanthaPooDoom

• BanthaPooDOOM
  • Cadet
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 09:15:13 PM »
I can never get the post right!  >:(

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2013, 02:47:47 AM »
I can never get the post right!  >:(

Are you talking about your images? Seems like your first post worked out well. We have a tutorial on posting pictures or feel free to contact one of the mods. I hate to think of someone getting frustrated with the smf forum system. I remember that all too well.

Got your video on the front page.

If you are talking about your video not loading here the smf forum system supports bbc code, not html which is what embedding needs. Anyhow hope all that helps a bit.