Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII  (Read 34472 times)

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
Re: Star Wars Episdoe VII
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2014, 03:20:15 AM »

Some new pics of the Episode 7 Stormie helmets: http://indierevolver.com/2014/08/14/indie-revolver-exclusive-first-look-at-the-stormtroopers-from-star-wars-episode-vii/

The Stormie on looks like a motorcycle helmet...

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2014, 04:06:19 AM »
Well now I am gonna think on this for a few days before I spout anything. I keep telling myself don't expect to see the OTC again. I just gotta keep doing that.

Thanks for the images Serg.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2014, 04:07:51 AM »
Maybe I'm too attached to the Original Trilogy and to the old Stormtrooper helmet to really care what will be going on in the new SW movie in general or with Stormtroopers in particular. It is good to see a renewal of SW though. :)
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2014, 04:08:56 AM »
I hear you Serg and am right there with you. And I do agree seeing new SW is gonna be great. Took one of your images to the front page btw.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2014, 05:41:51 AM »
Ilike it. I think this looks like a more futuristic Stormie. i gotta say though I'm gonna miss the OT Stormies
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2014, 06:12:43 AM »
Total Recall 2012..... :)

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2014, 06:32:53 AM »
TRON
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline CheesyKNAC

• Cadet
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2014, 08:08:16 AM »
I have a post on my facebook feed with the new helmet design, and I'll say the same thing here that I've said there. These look AWESOME!!!! I'm a huge clone trooper/ storm trooper fan and I think this design looks perfect as an advancement over the previous storm trooper helmet. You have to figure that technology and kit would improve for troopers over 30 years from the time of Return of the Jedi, so this looks like a good progression in design, fit and functionality. I see great potential for customization with these masks and hope we'll see more trooper inspired personalization of helmets and armour in the new movie, like clone troopers did and like a lot of soldiers in modern armies do right here and now. If you really look at the helmet you can see a strong influence from the Imperial storm trooper helmets and can see how this would be a natural progression made through advances in technology and input from troopers for improvements that could be made with their kit. I can't wait to see what they do with the armour. Personally I'd like to see them actually kind of bulk down the armour some to give the troopers some more mobility and leave room for more bulked up armour in troopers in special divisions/ special applications.

On a more personal note, I'm hopeful some company out there that manufactures paintball helmets will be able to get ahold of this design and come up with a functional/safe version to be used in playing paintball. I could see me having fun making a fun custom version to go along with my own kit for paintall.  ()rr

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2014, 08:24:59 AM »
Comparison with a classic ANH Stormtrooper helmet:

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline IMPURGE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »
i see exactly what jkno is saying it looks like a motorcycle helmet.

BUT if i saw a guy on a motorcycle with this on I 'd say it looks like he has a stormtrooper helmet on  ;)

i think it needs some grey painted pieces on it, even prequel clones had that, and i think the lil grill things on the side should be that blueish color. i just hope they're not all lit up with lights or something looking like tron or ironman.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2014, 10:12:09 AM »
Yuck! Man, that new stormie helmet looks terrible. It looks totally like somebody here on Earth turned a motorcycle helmet into a stormtrooper helmet.
The other helmet with the slit visor I like. The slit visor helmet looks like something Ralph McQuarrie would have come up with back in the 70's. That one looks cool.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 10:19:24 AM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »
Yuck! Man, that new stormie helmet looks terrible. It looks totally like somebody here on Earth turned a motorcycle helmet into a stormtrooper helmet.
The other helmet with the slit visor I like. The slit visor helmet looks like something Ralph McQuarrie would have come up with back in the 70's. That one looks cool.

I gotta agree with you IABF. This is what I was afraid of. Why in the world do we have to do something like this when we could have easily pulled from the archive of Ralph McQuarrie and Joe Johnson unused concept art?

IABF says it well. It looks like it's something you'd find on Earth. It's going to pull me right out of the movie when and if it appears. Like I said before, at the end of Episode IX the Jedi will come to Earth and become superheroes. GAAAK!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2014, 03:29:21 PM »
Daft Punk anyone?

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2014, 03:37:52 PM »
How about J J's idea of Star Trek space helmets?

Look familiar?

The motorcycle helmet look?

Star Trek space helmets never looked like this in any series or film before he took over.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2014, 03:47:24 PM »
Just look at what he did to the fierce-some Klingons.

Do ya'll think real Star Trek fans were happy with this move? And don't answer that as a Star Wars fan. This is no joke. Look at any of the Star Trek fan sites and read the forums, you can decipher the older fans from the new fly by night ones. Truth is that Star Trek fans will have to wait a decade or so to finally get another re-boot to deconstruct ole' JJ's vision. Sucks to be them... and maybe us too, soon.