Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII  (Read 34474 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Star Wars Episdoe VII
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 04:55:37 AM »
Yes, I read that yesterday. I am guessing with as good as cgi today though that still doesn't mean much when it comes to what type of environments we might see.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2013, 07:57:50 AM »
Not sure but there's rumours floating about the news pages that it'll be less cgi for the scenery than the prequels (geonosis,Utapau,Felucia,Salucami) and more like the original trilogy, i.e Endor,Yavin IV.
 I'm hoping the welsh valleys will be used for backdrops as that's my new stomping grounds the last few years,while i've been walking the beasts in the Ebbw valley got to see some jaw dropping scenery.......likely the Scottish highlands will feature,been used for many blockbusters recently.

Plenty of snow in Scotland and wales in winter for any hoth/Ilum scenes.......who knows I might get to get a sneak preview or 2 ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2013, 07:27:22 AM »
Just announced, John Williams will do the score for Episode VII!

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2013/07/27/24092/#more-24092
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 07:32:24 AM by Tamer »

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2013, 07:50:46 AM »
SWEET! :o

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2013, 06:34:19 PM »
Ok, so who wants to chip in with me to get this? ;D

Star Wars Episode 7 Website

I mean I am sure this is legite. bbfet

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »
http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-set-to-roll-cameras-may-2014.html

So, SW7 will take place 30 years after RotJ.... Goes to show how much Disney actually knows about the GFFA. Events are always referenced to the Battle of Yavin,so this should have read 34 ABY.

::)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2014, 02:24:48 AM »
Interesting. At least we are gonna hopefully see some of the characters we all loved before they get to those three youngsters!

Offline DarthNotANoob

• Cadet
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2014, 02:54:54 PM »
YOU HAVE TO SEE THE TRAILER WHICH PROVES 95% CHANCE OF  0/ 0/ 0/!!!
HELLO I HAZ RED LITESABAR

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2014, 10:25:37 AM »
Cast announcements are here!!!

John Boyega

Daisy Ridley

Adam Driver

Oscar Isaac

Andy Serkis

Domhnall Gleeson

Max von Sydow

Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm have announced the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII! Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of 'Star Wars: Episode VII.' It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2014, 02:37:11 AM »
Kinda glad I don't know anything about most of em. Just like the first films. Thanks for the news DS. I haven't even been following the E7 news lately.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 09:56:46 AM »
I really haven't been following the E7 news either. I like my OT and am very skeptical about this new Trilogy, especially after the horror that was the Prequels.

I certainly don't know these up-n-comers they've cast here. They look a little namby-pamby to me, hopefully they'll dirty-up well. The young girl is a cuttie though. I'm sure she's in line for Han and Leia's daughter. She looks a lot like Padme and Leia. I'm really happy about the casting of Max Von Sydow and Andy Serkis though. I think Von Sydow would make an outstanding villain and Serkis will probably work in his area of expertise, the motion capture suit. Where's Billy Dee Williams though? Did someone forget about him?

My main concern still lies in J J Abrahms. After he crapped all over Star Trek and made it into a drooling idiot fest the doubt is solid. I'm not a Trekie by any means but I grew up watching the old TOS on TV and continued into the Shatner and Nimoy movies on the big screen, so I'd like to tear his head off his shoulders for what he did there. I vote "No Confidence".  >:(

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2014, 02:15:03 AM »
LOL. I have to agree with you I am far from sold on JJ myself too and then Lucasfilm releases the story that the Post ROTJ EU that has been written is not going to be used and I was so hoping for a Thrawn Trilogy or even the Vong. Oh well, they were never going to appease all of us anyhow and us and our "critique" is supposedly one of the things that caused George to get out off this bus in the first place. At this stage of the game I am hopefuly because its new Star Wars, we are supposedly going to get new films each year with spin offs (sure hope they can work out the bugs with Boba though) and Disney has done pretty well with the Marvel Stuff. So, adding that all up I am cautiously optimistic.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2014, 10:38:54 AM »
If they can bring back Denis Lawson I'd be SO stoked.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2014, 06:18:57 PM »
Yes GoldLeaderOne! I hope to see Wedge too!

I had a night mare last night. I was watching the new Star Wars movies and Abrahms killed off a lot of OT characters, blew-up the Millennium Falcon and the main hook in the end was that some of the surviving Jedi from the big war in the movies ended up fleeing the Galaxy and settling in the Milky Way on Earth where they became superheros in New York City.

I staggered to the bathroom at 3 am and threw up.    ;)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2014, 07:17:05 PM »
That sounds like a horrible dream Darth haha.

I've been thinking. I'm sure it was a given that they were gonna bring back Luke, Han and Leia. With how popular the Rogue Squadron books were, you think they'll try to bring back some of the Rogues, like Wedge, Wes and Hobbie? Or at least Wedge, and give them a bigger part? I hope so.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles