Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII  (Read 34446 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2015, 03:11:13 PM »
 I'm supposed to see it tonight. I feel like I'm going to the DMV or the Dentist. I can't get excited about it. I want to stay home and shampoo the carpets but I can't back out of it. I hope its good I really do. After many many disappointing Star Wars movies I don't know what else to expect. I'll tell my honest unbiased opinion of it soon.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 05:56:25 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2015, 09:19:11 PM »
  Well you all know how pessimistic I was going into the movie. I finished watching about an hour ago, I'm able to decompress and digest what I've just seen.

This may contain what some may consider SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!  You've been warned.

I actually liked it. Not dissatisfied like I was with the prequels at all. I saw it in IMAX 3D so the graphics were the best I've ever seen. The graphics were amazing without being gaudy and over the top. More CGI than I expected but this is the 21st century. The story was good not great. Very much a JJ Abrams movie. I think if he had more time like he wanted it would have been better but of course the big mouse wanted it this Christmas instead of next summer. The characters were great. Kylo was pretty badass very much like OT Vader but also like prequel Anakin as well. I think that is the way prequel Anakin should have been. A little bit too many OT references it felt like a parody at times. I like how they didn't sit there and explain every single tiny detail they left a lot to the imagination. Like mando25 said there are a lot of parallels between this and EP.4 but its not a carbon copy. I think the next movie will be more unique and self supporting. Overall it makes up for crappy prequels and special editions. Nothing will ever be as great as the OT, but its getting close, and I think the next two will be better. I'm glad I didn't stay home and shampoo the carpets. I just don't like the movie going experience. I had to piss the ENTIRE time, but I would not, could not get up out of my seat. And the jackass behind me kept kicking my seat. On top of all that I got a REAL bad Charlie horse near the end. So I can't wait till the BLUERAY comes out.  To sum it up this is my 4th favorite Star Wars movie.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:19:29 PM by JDeck »

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #197 on: December 22, 2015, 12:38:35 AM »
Perhaps we need to make a second thread about the movie, one that can contain spoilers. There are still a lot of people who haven't seen the movie yet, who will make it a Christmas night out. It'd be a real shame if they'd come here to read some reviews and accidentally stumble on some serious plot elements.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2015, 02:20:47 AM »
I thank that is a good idea Remco. Making it now.

Here we go. Share it all here:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9963.msg190021#msg190021
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:33:58 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2015, 06:23:38 AM »

The characters were great. Kylo was pretty badass very much like OT Vader but also like prequel Anakin as well. I think that is the way prequel Anakin should have been.

Kylo's just an angsty teen, he's not badass at all, well in the begining he was, but he lost it when he went nuts on that computer console, proving he's just a whiny teen like his uncle, and grandfather before him. And if Prequel Anakin was that bad, I'd hate those movies, at least the only time Anakin did anything similar, it furthered the plot like when he slaughtered the Tusken Raiders. Prequels beat episode 7, not even a contest.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2016, 08:31:22 AM »

Get The Force Awakens from Amazon!

Whatever format you like, blu-ray, theatrical version, digital with bonus features, amazon.com has you covered. Click here to go select the version you want.

I ordered it myself this morning (I know, I know).