Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII  (Read 34470 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Star Wars Episode VII
« on: October 30, 2012, 04:20:19 PM »
Disney bought out Lucasfilm for around $4 billion today. And they have announced an Episode 7 for sometime in 2015!

Read the full details:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/30/technology/disney-buys-lucasfilm/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

And its supposedly the start of a new trilogy with new movies every two to three years after that!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:21:53 PM by Tamer »

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
Re: Star Wars Episdoe VII
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »
All i have to say is this could be  0/ or  lvva ... time will tell... all in all Lucas still has a yay or nay say to any of it right?

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »
yo trev!! , i still cant believe it  dont see how they are gonna pull off new films  where on earth are they gonna set the plotlines  as heir to the empire is set about 4 years after ROTJ
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 06:00:44 PM »
Yo ho Jay, hows Tricks? who knows what direction Disney will go, maybe bounty hunters like the much talked about but never seeing the light of day TV series, or stick with the Clone wars saga, or even KOTOR  or Legacy route...

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 03:41:39 AM »
I am definitely wondering if we will see the Thrawn Series or perhaps they will go straight to the Vong?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 05:28:43 AM »
Sorry folks, but I'm calling TRICK on this one big time.  For them to say that they're going to release Episode VII in 2015 is near impossible with NO script, NO actors, NO locations, NO budget, NO directors, NO producers, and so on and so forth.  Furthermore, Lucasfilm is SO much bigger than just the movies.  That would include Industrial Light and Magic, Skywalker Sound, THX, Lucas Gaming, and every other entity owned by Lucas, all for a paltry $4 Billion?  Disney bought Marvel for $3.96 Billion, and Lucasfilm is worth 10 times that easy.  I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but you really shouldn't get your hopes up just yet.  I could be wrong, but the timing, low purchase point, and dangling Episode VII in front of us is all too fishy.

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 05:59:15 AM »
It's all over the news here today in the UK and the conference call details have been shared along with footage of Uncle George signing off... Deals seems to include ILM and Skywalker Sound etc...

It seems like they'll have to move quick time to get VII out for 2015.

I'm going to fly in the face of fan tradition, I'd like them to avoid the Thrawn trilogy etc and give us something new. Perhaps with and older Luke playing the Ben Kenobi type mentor. In fact just for fun I'm going to dig out my old screen writing textbooks and do my own script!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 07:01:59 AM »
I'm an OT fan, I grew up with it, and PT was a disappointment for me in most cases. Not sure what to think about the Disney future of Star Wars. Hope it will be ok, but even if it goes belly up, I still have my OT.
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 10:22:21 AM »
Phatty-if this is a trick it's the most elaborate one ever.  It's everywhere with tons of offical words.  I admit that is a pretty low price point but with everything out there this seems legit, but hard to believe. 

For me (as I have said numorious times), I won't get excited until I have more details, what is the movie about, when and where ect.  My assumption is Lucas has the idea set and the only thing needed is the work to put into it, hopefully with a filter these will be ok (verses the PT, sorry fans of the PT, but I can't stand it). 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 12:43:41 PM »
Like I said, with as many seeming impossibilities out there surrounding this, I'm not buying it until after the weekend.  If it's not revealed to be a Halloween Trick, then I shall eat my words.

If it IS to be true, I'm really not sure how I feel about it.  I sense an oversaturation with childish gimmicks diluting what we all grew up with.  The Gungans will be the least of our problems if Disney gets their hands on things.  And let's not forget, VII, VIII, and IX were fleshed out LONG ago by Lucas, and it would require having Luke, Leia, and Han back in the fold, and we all know that's virtually impossible.  Sure, there are TONS of ways that they can go with it, but if it's going to be VII, VIII, and IX, then it has to be about continuity, otherwise they would just be different movies.  The Old Republic is a wonderful way to go, but they wouldn't be sequels.  The Hand of Thrawn trilogy would make sense, but again, who'd play Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewey?  With a 2015 release date, they'd almost have to rush things, and that's frightening too.  If they rush it, it could VERY well flop worse than John Carter, and then a lot more could get scrapped because of the failure.  And whatever happened to the Lucas children, who were being groomed to take over the Empire in the near future?  Apparently cast aside?  Strange...

I really shouldn't be so down and negative about the whole thing.  Disney HAS done well with Marvel, though the head execs at Marvel still have creative direction to keep things going.  I guess time will tell...

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 06:06:40 PM »
I've wondered about the kids too, that was my first thought actually.  I mean wasn't Lucas's daughter the showrunner on Clone Wars? 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 03:13:00 AM »
Well it sure looks like the best rigged hoax of all time if thats what this is. Surely they wouldn't face this much fall out unless it was pretty much a done deal. Pat could be right though. I would hate to see what the backlash would be though if he is correct.

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 03:31:39 AM »
Well the BBC news is treating it as real in their business section, if it is a practical joke, I dont think it will amuse anyone! So im sure its real!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 02:09:21 PM »
This would be the most elaborate hoax ever! I mean it is all over the news and there are photos to prove it. There is no way this isn't real.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 10:47:27 PM »
Let's all hope that Disney does a good job with it. I read an article in USA Today, Disney says they want to eventually pump out a SW movie every two years or so.