Author Topic: Hello Imperial Shipyards! :{D  (Read 2730 times)

Offline tetsuoswrath

• Jedi Fringer
  • Cadet
  • OG TrEU Canon
Hello Imperial Shipyards! :{D
« on: December 20, 2016, 12:45:28 PM »
Hey Shipyards! I've been a fan for about a year now. And I've been modding figures since the 90's as zombies.

I've been a die hard fan of Star wars since I was 5. I've read most of the novels up until the end of the NJO, but haven't read any of the novels in the Legacy series after. Yet.

I've played the X-wing series PC games since they came out in the 90's and still play X-wing Alliance to this day.

I've also played almost all the Star wars games with the exceptions of most of the LEGO games and the newest Battlefront.

I want to warn or give a heads up to any OT purists or prequel/clone wars haters here and say please avoid me and my posts.

To me, the word fan still means fanatic. And you can't be a Star wars fanatic AND hate things Lucas did with his story. Period.

I also hate Disney. I hated them before the sale. And I consider their films and shows as "fan" fiction.  Technically they're not even fans since they bashed Lucas in commercials for TFA.

I admit I like Rebels and thought Rogue One was at least decent. But The Force Awakens is pure Hollywood crap to me.

I hate Disney for claiming they disregarded the EU but then they cherrypicked it for ideas. And that's because they didn't want to pay the hard working authors for their characters and stories. And they probably also didn't want to make the Yuuzhan Vong since they are basically radical Space Muslims. And that goes against the liberal agenda in Hollywood.

All this being said, I'd ask any of you that disagree with me to avoid me and I'll reciprocate the gesture.

Okay about my modding "skills". I really don't have any at this point, but I'm just now really putting effort into it.

The mods I've done so far are zombies made from older GI Joe's and Lanard CORPS figures. I usually use a soldering iron to melt the flesh and make bullet holes and then go over the figure with red, white, and black paints. Mainly red of course.

I have sort of kitbashed custom Star wars figures from newer Joes and spare Star wars figures. Like taking the vest from a Greedo, the lightsaber form a TPM action pack, a belt from another Joe, and the sandstorm Han's goggles and scarf to make my Jedi Fringer player character for the d20 Star wars RPG.

And lately I've been making dioramas and vehicles. The first vehicle I'm making is going to be a Gian Speeder from TPM. And the dio's I've made so far are going to be used for a sort of cityscape similar to what Empire Toy works makes, but with recycled materials like cardboard and packaging bits. I've started a bar, a ramen shop, a droid shop, and a repair station(like Tosche) so far but am also going to have a bridge to a star destroyer and a Mon calamari ship later on.

I also have begun sculpting miniature ships like Micro Machines of several EU ships like the Ssi-Ruuvi ships, the Vong ships, the Suncrusher, the Punishing One, the Mist Hunter, the Twilight, and a stock freighter from weg games. I'm also doing both versions of the YT-2400(Outrider) in that scale.

And I've made custom Micro Machines from two spare Falcons I had.

And I also am slowly making a 1/18th scale Ghost(VCX-100) from Rebels. And then I plan to make the Outrider, Falcon, and Slave I as well.

I've also started customizing the 90's Millennium Falcon and the BMF to increase their interior's sizes and to just make them more "playable".

I have a bunch of ideas for custom vehicles and dioramas that I'd like to share with the other modders here, and I hope to be a regular member here.

I also hope my warning doesn't make me any enemies here. I don't mean to be rude or antagonistic, I just don't appreciate the Lucas bashing bandwagon that Hollywood started just because they were jealous of his genius.

I also don't like "internet experts". And I mean that I don't like people who APPEAR to be experts. The kind of person who says things to SOUND smart. If that makes sense. I appreciate members with skills that know how to give advice without sounding pretentious when they do it.

Just wanted to put my thoughts out there. I've read over the site rules and I don't intend on violating them. And if something said here has, please let me know.

I feel like I've ranted enough, and I hope to have fun with you guys and this site.

May the Force be with us! :{D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hello Imperial Shipyards! :{D
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 01:49:05 AM »
Now that was an introduction. Welcome to ISY.

And everyone is entitled to their opinions in this forum. We all don't always agree with each other here, but as I am sure you will see we don't flame and we do respect each other's opinions.

I look forward to seeing your work.

Offline tetsuoswrath

• Jedi Fringer
  • Cadet
  • OG TrEU Canon
Re: Hello Imperial Shipyards! :{D
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 09:21:28 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome Tamer. I really appreciate the clarification too.

I was worried that stating my views in that way might violate a rule or two, and I'm glad that it's permitted.

I hope to have some pics up tonight or tomorrow night. Like I said, I'm fairly new to customizing at the skill most of the users here are at, but I'm getting better.

I'm probably going to post pics of the zombies to show what progress I have already. Then I'll have pics of the dio's I'm working on and the vehicles too.

Also, thanks for having this site going in the first place. This is a great type of forum and I really hope I can add to the already stellar work I've seen here so far. :{D