Author Topic: Fishing  (Read 25456 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Fishing
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2009, 07:28:18 PM »
Very nice catch there, Chad!! Nice job on the poker machine, also.
That one will make a good mount.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2009, 02:37:55 PM »
Thanks Clint, I'm hoping to get a couple more that size and put them all together.  TRying to get out a couple more times this weekend.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2009, 11:35:09 AM »
looks like the new boat is working out. Must be nice to catch a fish and a jackpot!

On the beach fishing note, the weather was so cold initially that I didn't get any bite off the surf. It was the first time I haven't been able to catch a fish. I went out bay fishing with a friend who lives down there and didn't catch anything other than a few way undersize flounder and some trash oyster crackers. We watched a guy catch two awesome stripers, one in the 34 inch twenty some pound range that he just threw back. I have been trying to catch one of those for years. Oh well.

I did find a spot to go crabbing and man did I finally find something to catch. It was really more netting than fishing, but I know we ended up with a few bushels by the time we got done and man did those babies steam up nice. I am already missing the crab meat.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2009, 08:10:40 AM »
Went out early this morning to get some fishing in before we go away for the weekend camping.  Took Dad out and we caught, well I did alot of bass.  Caught them on topwater prop baits and crankbaits.  Figured we caught around 25-30 fish, biggest being a 17 1/2" and I kept that work work on later this winter.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2009, 03:23:27 PM »
must be nice! Go get em Chad! I guess Clint is wetting a line this weekend, maybe he will post some pics too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »
must be nice! Go get em Chad! I guess Clint is wetting a line this weekend, maybe he will post some pics too.
good job, Chad. We went fishing, this morning and got quite a few bites. We got some nice sized perch and the wife hauled in a 14" carp. I took pics of that one but would have to email it to Tamer to host unless you can wait till Sun.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »
good for you. I remember perch being awful hard to scale! Good eating though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2009, 01:07:34 PM »
good for you. I remember perch being awful hard to scale! Good eating though.

I forgot to say feel free to send me that pic if you want me to post it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2009, 05:27:53 AM »
Well I had a little fishing outing on Friday from first light till about 3PM and I only had one fish on the stringer to show for it. It was a decent trout of all things. The lake is really nice looking and is very deep in places, but I will be daggone if I can figure out how to fish it. We were mainly using worms and a good variety of artificials. I pretty much used crankbaits. The fish finder showed tons of fish in the 100 ft. depth range, but we were only able to catch one walleye. I wish we would have had some live minnows, but we couldn't find any. So, it was a nice day, just not a lot of catching. I gave the trout to my father in law's friend so he could have dinner for him and his wife as he was the one to catch a walleye. Two fish on the stringer for three guys is pretty bad. Guess it could have been worse. That lake has the state record walleye caught out of it and has tons of smallmouth in it in addition to trout, but we can't figure out how to make em bite! Guess going more than once a year might help. We have tentative plans to take a camping/fishing trip to Stonewall Jackson Lake sometime this summer to see if it is decent. Hope you guys are catching something!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2009, 11:42:29 AM »
The wife caught a drumfish on fri and we caught a smallmouth and a catfish each.
Yesterday, she caught several perch, a smallmouth, and a cat and I caught one nice bluecat. I will post a pic of him, later.
I'm going to talk her into getting our lines wet again here shortly.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2009, 02:40:18 PM »
Here isa pic of that Drum fish that the wifey caught last time we went fishing. I guess that they are not at all tastey.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2009, 03:19:32 PM »
I almost forgot what a fish looked like! At least someone is catching something.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2009, 04:10:01 PM »
I dressed and had the wifey fry me 6 fish, last night. 4 big cats and two Crappie. I freeze my fish as I catch em and then thaw them to dress em. Something about freezing them keeps em from tasting too fishy. I had read that technique somewhere.

About that drum fish, I guess if you cut in front of their brain at the top of the head, you will locate two fossil shell looking structures which the fish vibrates to ward off or warn against danger. These are the fish's "drums"

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2009, 05:54:26 AM »
Took the wife fishing for about 4-5 hrs yesterday. The fish wernt really biting in our usual holes. We had about 5 different baits to choose from but only caught several small bluegill, some hybrids, and one cat. The weather is just perfict with no wind and comfortable temps. Hope our luck is better today.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2009, 06:17:41 AM »
Glad your is. Mine is rather soggy and my satellite internet is going in and out. So much for website work today! Hope you catch some fish.