Author Topic: Thank you to all our Graphic Fiction creators!  (Read 895 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Thank you to all our Graphic Fiction creators!
« on: September 28, 2012, 07:03:46 PM »
This thread was sparked by running commentary in the latest XWA thread here.

I wish I had time to keep up with more of the graphic fiction that is out there, but that's the one resource I can't stretch any thinner.

There's something I want to say about *every* photonovel, web-comic, etc that anyone puts up.  I keep telling myself that one of these days, I'll have enough customs to start telling Fixer stories in a PN format.  And every time I set up a "quick" photo-shoot, I (re)discover just how much WORK a single shot requires - let alone writing the story!!  Each and every artist who has taken the time to share their PN/WC/etc with us deserves a round of applause regardless of the technical proficiency in the finished product.  Why?  Because it is HARD WORK (at least for me!!) to turn out even the *crappiest* shot, let alone a string of coherent shots following a theme/story.  If you have done that, then SALUD!!  You have accomplished a Great Thing.  Never think of it as a crappy project - think of each one as a chance to tell your story and practice on and improve your visual-arts skills, in whatever medium you use.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Thank you to all our Graphic Fiction creators!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
Amen to this thread Doc. Daggone good idea.