Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/28/24  (Read 234700 times)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/16/14
« Reply #540 on: September 17, 2014, 08:37:23 AM »
Yep, you're right. A lot of people will be doing this one. I think it's great! Yours is the first I've seen.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #541 on: September 17, 2014, 03:30:44 PM »
Very nice. That would make for a cool video too Brian. If you do create another one and take a video of it send it to me and I will load it to our YouTube Channel! I think folks would love to see this nice slice fix, not just for this but a variety of head switches! Off to share.

Unfortunately, I am on the road until Sunday.  Job has me out and about.  I do however have a photo illustrating exactly where I made the slice I popped the head onto.  Here she is:

I kept enough off the ball joint on the torso so that the ball socket on the head snapped into place snugly.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #542 on: September 17, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »
That is a great picture. Shows how much to cut nicely. Time to take that pic to the front page.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 02:19:19 AM by Tamer »

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #543 on: September 20, 2014, 06:58:20 AM »
simple but effective ! the head is more accurate in size to the bane figure then the actual hasbro figure ! I too Agree that this custom is going to be used a lot ...... just waiting for and extra helmet for mine lol  Good job as always

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #544 on: October 05, 2014, 01:26:23 PM »
Being huge fans of "The Clone Wars" television series, we were thrilled last week when StarWars.com announced the continuation of The Clone Wars Legacy through a diverse selection of platforms which included: a novel, a Darth Maul comic book series, and the release of a complete story arc of unfinished animation featuring Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker in four, 20 minute episodes accompanied by the voice acting talents of James Arnold Taylor and Matt Lanter.  The four new episodes featured a new character model for Anakin Skywalker with longer hair similar to the length of his hair in Revenge of the Sith. 

Since the Five Below store down the street from us had a few of the older Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker action figures, Dad figured he'd try and make the latest version of Anakin that would've graced our television screens had the show continued production.  He just sculpted some new hair on the older figure and painted the hair so it was the same color as the older figure.

"CLONE WARS LEGACY:
UTAPAU ANAKIN SKYWALKER"
created by Darth Daddy

CHECK THE BLOG FOR MORE PICS AND LINKS TO THE NEW EPISODES:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/10/clone-wars-legacy-utapau-anakin.html

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:30:34 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 10/05/14
« Reply #545 on: October 06, 2014, 02:31:47 AM »
I figured you might have noticed that new TCW Stuff. New figure on the front page.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 10/05/14
« Reply #546 on: November 23, 2014, 05:07:57 AM »
My first Rebels custom action figure:

Check out the link for the full post:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/11/c1-10p-aka-chopper-featuring.html?m=1

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 11/23/14
« Reply #547 on: November 23, 2014, 08:07:30 AM »
Update shared.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #548 on: November 30, 2014, 12:48:44 AM »
Love the Chopper add-ons. It's too bad Hasbro didn't see the value of this. Glad you did.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #549 on: December 30, 2014, 07:35:23 AM »
Thanks Starchaser :)

Here are a few new customs I made...

It's been a while since I posted up a new figure.  Here's one I created for Dan of the Dead for Yakface.com's Secret Santa.

Here is a link with more pictures:
Star Wars: Customs for the Kid: YAKFACE SECRET SANTA 2014 featuring DAN of the DEAD & DARTH DADDY

Just two quick modifications for the Inquisitor's lightsaber.

"LIGHTSABER MODIFICATIONS"
by Darth Daddy

CHECK THE LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION AND PICS:
Star Wars: Customs for the Kid: STAR WARS REBELS: INQUISITOR LIGHTSABER MODS

And my newest figure:

"AGENT KALLUS"
created by Darth Daddy

Check the link for a LOT more pics of this one:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/12/agent-kallus-created-by-darth-daddy.html

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 01:19:36 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 12/30/14
« Reply #550 on: January 01, 2015, 12:07:18 PM »
Wow, great movement in that Kallus. Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #551 on: January 02, 2015, 08:55:17 PM »
Agent Kallus is great. The new range of motion is a vast improvement and I love the longer battle staff. The Whiphid warrior/shaman is gorgeous. The headdress looks like an original sculpt, its brilliant.

Offline Elias

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars: Customs for the Kid
« Reply #552 on: January 10, 2015, 06:05:39 AM »
Our first custom action figure post for 2015.  Even though it is our first post of the year, this action figure was actually made in 2014.

For my 5 year old cousin's birthday 2 years ago, we gave him the entire Star Wars video library complete with all the films, The Clone Wars TV episodes, and the old Ewok movies that were made for television when I was a little kid. When he began to watch some of the content that we gave him, he started with the "The Battle for Endor" movie. He loved the movie so much that he watched it 3-4 times a day for weeks on end.

When we visited his house on vacation, we brought him the Vintage Wicket and Star Tours Teek action figures, as well as, the Ewok Battle Pack that was exclusive to Toys R' Us. While we were visiting for the week, he saw us make custom action figures for the blog and was really impressed with our ability to make our own toys. So much so, that he asked if we could make a Noa and a Cindel for him last Christmas.

He really liked what we made him, so this holiday, he asked for some of the baddies from the same film. We thought it would be fun if we made him a Charal action figure.  To do so, we used the body from a G.I. Joe Baroness action figure, and used green stuff to sculpt on her armor and necklace.  Originally, Dad wanted to do an original head sculpt, but due to time constraints and a heavy work load, he had to utilize the Black Series Mara Jade head to finish the custom in time for the holidays.  Dad just gave the head a simple repaint.  The hardest part was creating the soft goods and the feather cape that she wears. The dress and cape Dad took from the Black Series Luminara Unduli action figure and sewed in a red liner from some spare fabric he had left over from his Mother Talzin custom action figure.  It was the first time Dad ever did feather work, but he was pretty happy with how she turned out.

My favorite part of the project was the crow that I sculpted out of Green Stuff. Since Charal frequently uses her red gemstone ring to transform herself into a crow, we thought it would be fun to include the crow as part of the gift too.

My cousin absolutely loved the new addition to his "Battle for Endor" action figure collection.

"BATTLE FOR ENDOR" CHARAL action figure
created by Customs for the Kid

Check out the blog for the full post:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2015/01/battle-for-endor-charal-action-figure.html

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/10/15
« Reply #553 on: January 10, 2015, 07:50:28 AM »
As I said before, Charal is a guilty pleasure, love it!

ps.
the agent Kallus is far and away what hasbro should have made for the line. that Lasan's guardsmen bowstaff is crazy good.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/10/15
« Reply #554 on: January 10, 2015, 08:14:33 AM »
Great update. Off to share.