Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/28/24  (Read 234524 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 7/30/14
« Reply #525 on: August 05, 2014, 09:41:11 PM »
Great work Elias, you have a lot of talent (and a great model and teacher in your dad). It's fun to watch you develop as a customizer. Keep it up!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 7/30/14
« Reply #526 on: August 08, 2014, 09:08:18 AM »

Another new one from Elias.  I love summers, because Elias does most of the blog work so I don't have to.

"R2-D2 -  BIG HAY-ZU version"
created by Elias

CHECK OUT THE LINK FOR HIS BLOG POST:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/08/r2-d2-big-hay-zu-created-by-elias.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 8/08/14
« Reply #527 on: August 10, 2014, 07:17:10 AM »
Looks good, on the front page.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #528 on: August 11, 2014, 06:48:12 AM »
I love the detail on the torture rack.  The grease marks on the piston is great.  Hows work on the courier droid coming?  I have a reference image, if you're interested.   http://www.pinterest.com/pin/323485185707936555/

I cant place the episode in TCW with R2 and 3PO.

Love your stuff (DD & Elias, both)

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #529 on: August 11, 2014, 07:11:56 AM »
R2 with Hay-Zu goo. Love it!
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #530 on: August 11, 2014, 05:52:13 PM »
Awesome work. Loved that episode too, C3P0 and R2 ater one of the best "odd couples".
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers

Offline Elias

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars: Customs for the Kid
« Reply #531 on: August 25, 2014, 02:05:42 PM »
Thanks everybody! Coming from customizers as good as you all are really means a lot!

Offline Elias

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars: Customs for the Kid
« Reply #532 on: August 25, 2014, 02:12:43 PM »
Here's a figure Dad and I worked on over the course of the week.  Every time either one of us walked past him, we worked on him a little more until he was done.   We had big customizing plans this past week when we were on vacation. Unfortunately, this action figure of a Clone Wars Weequay pirate is all we have to show for it.  Yeah, we know...another pirate.  We had big plans but our latest offering doesn't even come close to what we had envisioned to build.  Over the summer, I make almost all the custom figures, so Dad can take a break. I was more interested in playing with the toys in my room than making some new ones, so we made none of the custom creations that Dad thought we would.

Don't really know what we will be revealing in the near future, because we are going to be making it up as we go along for a while. We haven't been very productive lately, and we've neglected getting all of our new larger projects started.  Hope you enjoy the new pirate though!

"CLONE WARS
WEEQUAY PIRATE"
created by Darth Daddy & Elias

CHECK THE LINK FOR MORE IMAGES:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/08/clone-wars-weequay-pirate-created-by.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 8/25/14
« Reply #533 on: August 26, 2014, 02:46:10 AM »
Nothing wrong with another TCW Pirate.

Off to share.

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #534 on: August 26, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »
You can never have too many pirates. Trust me, I know the feeling, not getting to everything you had planned. I have about 7 barely started to halfway there figures I haven't touched. Summer has just been too much fun with the wife and kids.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:24:19 AM by Hanzo_the_Razor »
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #535 on: September 07, 2014, 10:05:34 AM »
This latest post is showing how a quick repaint of some Clone Wars Death Watch Mandalorian Warriors that came with the Mandalorian Speeder from Hasbro's mini-rig line can offer up some pretty cool looking Maul Mandos.  The project is an easy way to add a few Maul Mandos to your Clone Wars collection.  The articulation on these figures is just phenomenal...especially, at the ball jointed wrists and hips! 

These figures also really complement our Clone Wars Darth Maul and the Mandalorian Super Commando custom action figures created by Peakob1 Custom Creations. 

"MAUL MANDOS"
created by Darth Daddy

FOR MORE PICTURES VISIT THE BLOG:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/09/maul-mandos-created-by-darth-daddy.html
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:06:51 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/07/14
« Reply #536 on: September 08, 2014, 02:26:48 AM »
These make me realize how much I miss the Mini-Rig Line Up. Off to share.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/07/14
« Reply #537 on: September 16, 2014, 03:26:42 AM »
The custom action figure for the character of Sergeant Doallyn took less than one minute to make.  I just sliced the neck ball joint off of the Bane Malar figure and popped the head of the new Black Series Brock Starsher (Jabba's Skiff Guard #27) onto the Bane Malar body.  I bought the Bane Malar as soon as I found out Brock Starsher was being released.  It was a great way to add to Jabba's Denizens.  Expect this custom to show up heavy in the forums by a variety of customizers.  Lot's of people have plans to make this one.

"Doallyn"
created by Darth Daddy

Visit the blog for the full post:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/09/doallyn-created-by-darth-daddy.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/16/14
« Reply #538 on: September 17, 2014, 02:54:40 AM »
Very nice. That would make for a cool video too Brian. If you do create another one and take a video of it send it to me and I will load it to our YouTube Channel! I think folks would love to see this nice slice fix, not just for this but a variety of head switches! Off to share.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/16/14
« Reply #539 on: September 17, 2014, 07:40:18 AM »
Excellent. 

I cant wait to get my TWO Starshers from Beyond Mortality Toys so I can make this same head switch.  I'm still trying to score a second Bane Malar, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Malar is in all likelihod the right body for the Doallyn character.  Lucas was constantly reusing and repainting suits, helmets and masks to get a bigger variety of background characters.  Here's a link to a reference photo I have of Doallyn with his mask off.
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1200/2992/original.jpg
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:55:46 AM by Sjefke »