Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/28/24  (Read 234245 times)

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 7/22/14
« Reply #510 on: July 22, 2014, 12:40:32 PM »
Nice work on 99! Great use of magnets too!

Offline Barmic_Rin

• Cadet
« Reply #511 on: July 22, 2014, 01:20:16 PM »
It's work like yours that gets people into customizing!! Great work!!

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #512 on: July 22, 2014, 01:54:52 PM »
Simply incredible. 99 definitely did a lot to humanize and bring that sense of family to the clones. You've done him justice sir.
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #513 on: July 22, 2014, 02:16:04 PM »
Totes Amazeballs! Loving this guy. When are you going into production?

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #514 on: July 23, 2014, 11:18:40 AM »
Aw, it's shorty! Sad little character he was. And yet he proved his worth in the end, to the point I wasn't sure whether to feel sad or happy for him since he just seemed so happy to do his part in battle. I can't imagine his figure would have sold a lot had they made one, so I'm glad to see some customs of him. Your recreation of him is just perfect.
The exploits of my life are less canonical than they are legendary.

-H.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #515 on: July 30, 2014, 06:18:08 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I was really happy about this figure.  I think it's the first custom action figure that I've made that I have a sentimental attachment to, although I have no explanation for why.  I never had a figure come together so smoothly and so quickly (three 8 hour sessions).   He came out exactly as I had envisioned.  I wish all my 100 % sculpted figures came together so smoothly.

Offline butterfingers

• Ensign
« Reply #516 on: July 30, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »
Haven't been on the Yards in awhile, but I had some time to kill and just went through your entire thread. Your customizing skills are superb and you are an excellent sculptor. Wish I could sculpt like you, but really enjoyed looking through all your customs. Keep up the great work! Really glad to see you bring out Custom Clone Wars figures that weren't made by Hasbro. Awesome work!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #517 on: July 30, 2014, 04:13:29 PM »
Haven't been on the Yards in awhile, but I had some time to kill and just went through your entire thread. Your customizing skills are superb and you are an excellent sculptor. Wish I could sculpt like you, but really enjoyed looking through all your customs. Keep up the great work! Really glad to see you bring out Custom Clone Wars figures that weren't made by Hasbro. Awesome work!

Thanks Butterfingers!  I can't take credit for all the figures in this thread.  A fair amount of the figures were made by my 10 year old Elias.  He even did the head sculpts for Yoda and one of the Palpatine's. (the best one).  I'm actually a beginner at sculpting.  I only started when I began customizing action figures.  I just dove in head first.  Sanding what you sculpt to refine what you have is the key.  I didn't know that initially, my first sculpts could use a second go round.  I practice as often as I can.  Your compliments mean a lot!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:35:44 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #518 on: July 30, 2014, 04:16:16 PM »
Here's another one from my little guy.  He spent two days working on this one.  He only finished the torture rack so far.  He hasn't gotten to the droid itself yet.  After seeing Chewie's version, he wants me to find some wires to add to the figure.  He's vacationing in Mexico so I had to post it for him.

"JABBA's PALACE - DROID TORTURE RACK"
painted by Elias

He made the 8D8 droid too!

CHECK OUT THE LINK FOR THE FULL POST:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/07/jabbas-palace-droid-torture-rack.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 7/30/14
« Reply #519 on: July 31, 2014, 04:10:19 AM »
Wow, that looks fantastic. Off to share.

Offline butterfingers

• Ensign
« Reply #520 on: July 31, 2014, 11:53:46 AM »

Thanks Butterfingers!  I can't take credit for all the figures in this thread.  A fair amount of the figures were made by my 10 year old Elias.  He even did the head sculpts for Yoda and one of the Palpatine's. (the best one).  I'm actually a beginner at sculpting.  I only started when I began customizing action figures.  I just dove in head first.  Sanding what you sculpt to refine what you have is the key.  I didn't know that initially, my first sculpts could use a second go round.  I practice as often as I can.  Your compliments mean a lot!

You and your son are very talented. It's great to see you two sharing and creating custom figures together. Hope to see more from you!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #521 on: July 31, 2014, 02:59:25 PM »
I love the torture rack Elias! And your 99 is cool too Daddy!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #522 on: August 01, 2014, 12:32:03 AM »
Love the rack!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #523 on: August 01, 2014, 05:05:39 AM »
Very nice work---again---Elias!  You and your father have become quite the dynamic duo of customizing.  Good to see you both still coming up with great projects and turning out awesome customs.  The torture rack is just another in a long line of great work!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #524 on: August 04, 2014, 05:38:46 PM »
A big thanks from is here at Customs for the Kids!  We really appreciate all the wonderful feedback!