Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/28/24  (Read 237065 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/23/14
« Reply #390 on: January 27, 2014, 03:34:43 AM »
Now this is the way Darth Vader should have come awesome work DD,

Yepper, this is definitely one I plan on copying.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/23/14
« Reply #391 on: January 27, 2014, 10:20:08 AM »
So lately Dad has been trying his best to try and create as many Clone Wars characters from the remaining seasons into action figure form.  Dad says that everyone mourns loss differently, and I'm so glad that my Dad chose to cope with the loss in the way that he has.  There are so many characters that I wish made it to action figure form, and I know I'm not alone in thinking that.  Numerous collectors have echoed our sentiment calling for more Clone Wars action figures.  At home we have been hoping we'd see Hasbro release a few new action figures to commemorate the release of Clone Wars: The Lost Missions, but we aren't holding our breath.  The Clone Wars line has been dead for a few years now and although it was Hasbro's best selling Star Wars line, the chances of ever seeing a new Clone Wars action figure aren't very good.  This week a lot of Star Wars fan sites were stating that a Star Wars action figure subscription line would be a bad thing for collecting, but I can't help but think that a Clone Wars action figure subscription line might be our only chance of ever seeing this line continue in any way.  I know I'd buy more than one subscription if it ever happened.  Until then we only have a handful of customizers who can show us what could have been if the line continued.

With Hasbro always stating that Anakin and Obi-Wan action figures are their best selling figures, we could have easily seen Dad's latest action figure creation released if the Clone Wars action figure line had continued until the show had reached it's end.  Unfortunately the line was already canceled before this version of Obi-Wan ever made his debut in episodic form.  What a shame too, because I love the look of this figure.  I imagine this version of Obi-Wan Kenobi would have flown off the shelves.

The best part about this figure is that you get two characters for the price of one.  The way Dad made his figure, you get a Maul Mando and you get Obi-Wan in the Mando armor.  You can't beat that.  All Hasbro needed to do was use a slip on helmet or just include two heads.  I love that I can use the figure as two different characters. It's definitely the best part about this figure.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi in Maul Mando Armor"
created by Darth Daddy

"MAUL MANDO"
created by Darth Daddy

Check out the blog for the full post:

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/01/clone-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-in-maul-mando.html

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:26:51 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/27/14
« Reply #392 on: January 28, 2014, 07:23:10 AM »
Just a great creation Brian and once again I echo your sentiments about how they ended this line too early. I can't say I agree with you on the subscription service as you could essentially be paying for who knows what down the road and there is one thing Hasbro is always consistent with and that is change. They might start this out looking good, but I think inevitably the same things you are seeing with the Matty Collection Program would rear their heads and you would be locked into a program that may not even give you TCW Figures you want or be so full of bad repacks that you have to buy half a case of those just to get one new figure. The paths to the darkside for this are myriad it seems.

Still, this is not a debate about the subscription program, but about your great custom and as long as there are customizers out there like you, TCW will never be over. Thanks for sharing and off to the front page.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #393 on: January 28, 2014, 04:03:41 PM »
This is really well done !!  I personally didn't follow this line to much but if there was a figure that should have been made and had the best shot of being made imo it  should have been obi wan mando disguise !  well aside from general  krell  great job!!

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #394 on: January 28, 2014, 05:35:03 PM »
HOLY BANTHA POODO.....THAT OBI-WAN IS FREAKING TOP SHELF MAN  BRILLIANT.  WELL DONE.
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #395 on: January 28, 2014, 08:10:55 PM »
Very nice paint apps man, really like the obi wan.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #396 on: January 29, 2014, 08:47:22 PM »
I am so impressed with the work that you and your son do.  Beautiful paint job and kitbashing.   You hollowed out a CW Mando helmet too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #397 on: January 30, 2014, 03:43:49 AM »
I wasn't sure if the helmet was hollowed out or if the head is swapped? Cool creation whatever the case.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #398 on: February 03, 2014, 08:01:45 AM »
I am so impressed with the work that you and your son do.  Beautiful paint job and kitbashing.   You hollowed out a CW Mando helmet too.

I just used 2 different heads.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #399 on: February 03, 2014, 08:04:40 AM »
Cin Drallig was a legendary Human male Jedi Master of the Jedi Order who served as battlemaster and head of security at the Coruscant Jedi Temple during the waning days of the Galactic Republic. When the Clone Wars erupted between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Master Mierme Unill took up the rank of General in the newly formed Grand Army of the Republic. During the war, Unill was slain, and his Padawan Zett Jukassa was left orphaned, permanently assigned to the Coruscant Jedi Temple where Temple battlemaster Cin Drallig took over his training.  Cin Drallig met his doom at the hands of Darth Vader during Operation: Knightfall, when the Order 66 go-ahead was given.

This action figure was just a simple repaint of Hasbro's Joclad Danva that was released in the Target Geonosis 2-pack.  I figured that since I had Hasbro's Zett Jukassa action figure, I should create his Jedi Master to accompany him.

"CIN DRALLIG"
created by ELIAS

Check out the blog for the full post:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/02/cin-drallig-created-by-elias.html

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 2/03/14
« Reply #400 on: February 03, 2014, 07:28:53 PM »
Nice looking Jedi! Also love that Obi-Wan in Mando armor, super well done!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #401 on: February 04, 2014, 04:07:41 AM »
Truly Hasbro is starting to botch the paint work. They need to take some lessons from Elias. Off to share.

Offline Elias

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars: Customs for the Kid
« Reply #402 on: February 20, 2014, 04:35:09 AM »
CLONE WARS WEEQUAY PIRATE with MASSIFF created by ELIAS

So recently my Dad made a baggie full of kitbashed Clone Wars Weequay Pirate action figures from his own headcasts, Shahan Alama  action figures, and Hondo Ohnaka action figure bodies.  The bag also has an assortment of pirate knives, goggles, blasters, and braids.  You just grab a body and accessorize it however you want.  Every kids dream really. This particular pirate sported the lower arms and braids of a Hondo Ohnaka, while the rest of the body was from the Shahan Alama except the head that was created by my Dad from a cast of his own sculpt.  I added a paint job to the action figure to make him my own unique creation.

My favorite part of this project was the Massiff.  I found him in the fodder, but he didn't have a harness.  I took a run to the nearest arts and craft store and picked up the lather strapping, chain, and silver links and fabricated my own harness.  I love the way that it came out!  Another cool addition to my Hondo Ohnaka gang!

I love making pirates!

CLONE WARS WEEQUAY PIRATE
with MASSIFF
created by Elias

To learn more about this figure and see additional images check out my blog post:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/02/clone-wars-weequay-pirate-with-massiff.html

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 2/20/14
« Reply #403 on: February 21, 2014, 04:16:58 AM »
DD & Elias,

I don't know how I missed these last lot of customs you guys have done but I have to say amazing work to both of you.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 2/20/14
« Reply #404 on: February 22, 2014, 05:42:18 AM »
Elias, just another great update and I am off to the front page. It sure is nice to know this line will never truly go away as you and your dad will continue to give us quality customs like these.