Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/28/24  (Read 234732 times)

Offline Elias

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars: Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 11/14/12
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 01:53:31 PM »
When Dad organized this years Secret Santa over at Imperial Shipyards, Darksider80 stated that he wanted to participate early in the sign-up process, but fogot to send his mailing address before the deadline arrived.  Dad matched everyone up, and then after all the emails were sent, Dad heard a response from him.  Dad felt bad leaving him out of the event, especially since he was relatively new to the custom action figure forum community.  The last thing Dad wanted was for this talented customizer to feel left out by a new community he was choosing to participate in.  As a solution Dad decided to create one extra figure and do a figure swap with Darksider80 on top of the one he was formally doing for the event.  Dad read in his blog that his favorite custom action figures were snowspeeder pilots and Dad got busy working on one.  It was actually the last action figure that Dad started, but as usual, it was also the first one Dad finished.  He also finished one of the Yakface Secret Santa customs, but since it is part of a set, we won't be posting it until both figures are completed.  My Secret Santa custom action figure should be finished by the end of the day.  At least I'm hoping it will be.  I've been working hard at completing it, and only have a little further to go.  Hopefully, we'll have another figure posted soon.  Unitl then, enjoy the Rodian Snowspeeder Pilot that Dad just wrapped up.

"RODIAN SNOWSPEEDER PILOT"
by Darth Daddy

To read the full post and check out bonus pictures go to:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2012/11/secret-santa-2012-pt-ii.html

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 11/18/12
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2012, 02:36:54 PM »
Well done !!!

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2012, 07:15:15 PM »
Nice figure.
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2012, 09:18:25 PM »
another stellar figure!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2012, 06:47:37 AM »
Diggin' all the WIP shots, and the Rodian snowspeeder pilot. It's always cool to see Rebel aliens!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2012, 10:17:58 AM »
Thanks guys!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2012, 07:38:47 AM »
I just want to take a moment and say Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. And, if you will allow me to share (via my faith and worldview) this is one of the most special times of the year, at least to me. I am truly thankful to God above for His grace, mercy and salvation. He has richly blessed my life. I have the blessing of an amazing wife, beautiful children, and a loving family.  I am also thankful that I live in this great nation. I hope you have a chance to take a moment today and look at your life and reflect on how fortunate you are. I also want to make a statement to the ISYs in general that even though we don't all know each other personally and face-to-face, I am thankful that in our hobby we have a common place to share our creations with one another. Happy Thanksgiving enjoy some turkey!!!

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »
Hey Darth Daddy!!! Just wanted to give you a shout out on turkey day and wish you and yours well. I absolutely love the Rodian snowspeeder pilot!!! He is so awesome and I can't wait to get him into my rouge squadron ranks. Time to go out and pick up a couple more tvc snowspeeders for these guys to pilot (just don't tell my wife how much they cost!). Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for thinking of me, it really means a lot. I'm pretty new to this community of hobbyists and everyone has been nothing but exceptionally friendly and supportive. Hope to see more of your great work very soon! 
 0/

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2012, 11:32:24 AM »
I just want to take a moment and say Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. And, if you will allow me to share (via my faith and worldview) this is one of the most special times of the year, at least to me. I am truly thankful to God above for His grace, mercy and salvation. He has richly blessed my life. I have the blessing of an amazing wife, beautiful children, and a loving family.  I am also thankful that I live in this great nation. I hope you have a chance to take a moment today and look at your life and reflect on how fortunate you are. I also want to make a statement to the ISYs in general that even though we don't all know each other personally and face-to-face, I am thankful that in our hobby we have a common place to share our creations with one another. Happy Thanksgiving enjoy some turkey!!!

Thanks Chip!  Hope you had a good holiday :D

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2012, 11:34:12 AM »
Hey Darth Daddy!!! Just wanted to give you a shout out on turkey day and wish you and yours well. I absolutely love the Rodian snowspeeder pilot!!! He is so awesome and I can't wait to get him into my rouge squadron ranks. Time to go out and pick up a couple more tvc snowspeeders for these guys to pilot (just don't tell my wife how much they cost!). Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for thinking of me, it really means a lot. I'm pretty new to this community of hobbyists and everyone has been nothing but exceptionally friendly and supportive. Hope to see more of your great work very soon! 
 0/

Thanks Noah :) Really glad you like him.  I'll be shipping him out on Monday, so expect a package soon.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2012, 06:17:35 PM »
So it has been way too long since I did any posts.  While I have been very busy, most of the work I have been doing has been on sculpting three different Secret Santa figures.  Today I took a break for an hour and switched out the head on Elias' Deena Shan action figure.  The head Hasbro used always struck me as being a tad unattractive for what she was supposed to look like in the comic books.

DEENA SHAN
created by Darth Daddy

To read the full post and see the other pictures, click below:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-deena-shan-do-over.html

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 12/02/12
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2012, 11:16:10 PM »
just fell in love with her :) great work!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2012, 08:34:15 AM »
Love that Black Widow Figure. Off to the front page. Good to see you finding time to customize Brian.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2012, 06:38:18 PM »
Great job!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2012, 06:44:40 PM »
She looks amazing! Love the paint aps and the parts choice (I'm a big fan of that black widow's head)! BTW, I just received my secret santa gift from you and I've got to say that he's even cooler in person! My workbench is packed with projects right now (your santa gift is still in the assembly stage) but I've got a couple new ideas for SS pilots that will look great with that awesome rodian. I'll post photos of your custom rodian with his gunner and ship in the near future (not too distant I hope). till then, keep em coming and making them great!