Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/28/24  (Read 236493 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/24/12
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2012, 08:03:22 AM »
Awesome work Brian! Such great characters and your work on them is inspiration to us all!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2012, 04:52:51 AM »
Thanks Zach :) Thanks L.E.

Hopefully I'll have these three figures finished by sometime next week.  Almost there.  Then I can start on the fourth figure for the ISY Birthday Contest.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2012, 11:40:32 AM »
So I don't have a new "finished" custom to post on the blog this week, but I do have a new WIP to add to the Nightsister project I am making for Elias' b-day present.  Ever since I got home from work yesterday at 11am, I have been I customizing.  I can't believe I stayed up through the night. I just want to make sure I get done on time.  I took a nap from 5:30am to 7:30am, but otherwise I've been hard at work.  I'd really like to have all four figures done by tomorrow, but we'll see.  I still have a lot to do.  Anyway, here is where the project is at right now:

I'm redoing the soft goods on Talzin and making them longer like they should be.  So far I have  only cut the side pieces, but the fabric needs to be trimmed and sewn so they do not fray once they are permanently fixed into place

Since the last update we did for this post, I changed out the Nightsister's hands that came with the figure for the Aurra Sing hands which I think look way better.

I also used a second Nightsister action figure to elongate Mother Talzin's legs at the thigh and calves and have started to sculpt them to be more screen accurate. Both legs are sculpted now and I'm waiting for the Apoxie Sculpt to harden on the left leg of the figure so I can start the final paint application.

I just need to sculpt in the straps on Ventress' gauntlets and shin guards. I just finished the hooded Ventress head sculpt and only need to sculpt the ninja mask Ventress head. and then paint them both.

I finished the unhooded head sculpt for this Nightsister.

I just need to make some slight modifications to the hilt of her sword and she will be finished.

This Nightsister is also nearing completion.  I just has to wrap up the paintwork on the alternate unhooded head sculpt for this figure and she will be ready for play.

Unfortunately, these figures will no longer be entered into the ISY 5th Birthday Contest.  Before the contest was announced, I had posted my two Nightsiters when they were WIP over here at ISY and also over at Yakface because I din't have a finished custom for the blog that week and I wanted to at least provide our audience with something new to look at.  When they announced the contest over here, ISY said I could still enter the Nightsister figures because they were not finished figures.  Unfortunately, I don't think Yakface read my post and they featured my WIP Nightsisters in their Customizer Mega Spotlight.  It was a huge honor, but it put me out because they were featured at another site.  At least it was a super complimentary review of the figures ;D

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:48:55 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 10/02/12
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2012, 06:03:58 PM »
Here's the first of the alternate Ventress heads.  I have one other head to create:

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:51:38 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2012, 04:25:06 AM »
These are AMAZING! Your sculpting is spot on! ;D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2012, 05:26:59 PM »
These are AMAZING! Your sculpting is spot on! ;D

Thanks Zach :D

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2012, 05:43:44 PM »
Your welcome! Your stuff really deserves recognition!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2012, 05:48:08 PM »
Your welcome! Your stuff really deserves recognition!

Thanks so much.  There aren't many fans of the Clone Wars style figures.  

Here's a teaser for the first completed figure in the set.  It's actually pretty funny because it was the last one I started.  Talzin should be done by Friday or Saturday, and I will be posting all four figures this weekend.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:52:54 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
Looking GREAT!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2012, 01:28:32 AM »
very cool!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 10/04/12
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2012, 04:26:41 AM »
WOW! That is so cool Brian! Awesome work on these Nightsisters!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2012, 08:02:47 AM »
Daggone you and Chad are making some awesome TCW Customs lately. Trying not to rant about Hasbro not giving us some of these. Looks great Brian and back to the front page.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2012, 12:11:53 PM »
Briaqn are you going to make the chain sickle weapon for Assaaj. i am trying to figure out how to make one myself. I hope to work on it tomorrow and will share if you like.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2012, 05:02:28 PM »
Really freaking cool Nightsisters!  I'm really loving what you've pumped out here lately.  Your sculpting has become top-notch!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2012, 04:27:20 AM »
Brian are you going to make the chain sickle weapon for Assaaj. i am trying to figure out how to make one myself. I hope to work on it tomorrow and will share if you like.

Chad, you're a lifesaver.  I can't believe I forgot.  I had a picture saved to create it from.  I was planning on sculpting it with Apoxie Sculpt and just using platic bits glued to some thin rope for those metal shards. I was going to create the handles from green stuff so it has some flexibility for her hands. 

That's what I get for pulling all nighters most of this week.  I'm getting really worried I may not pull this off in time.  I just finished sculpting Talzin's skirt last yesterday morning before work and now she's ready to be painted.  I may have to pull an all nighter tonight to finish this project.  I'm still not 100% happy with Talzin's face, but I may try and work her the way I did Ziro.  Give Elias something passable for now until I can come up with something I'm happy with.  I gave Elias' mom the soft goods to sew the other day, and she still didn't have it done as of last night.  I'm really hoping thatshe has it ready when I pick him up this morning.  I thought I was going to have time to work on this project last night but I worked from 4:30am until 11:00pm and I was shot by the time I got home.  I have to find some kind of rope for the sickle still.  I don't have anything for it yet.  Maybe a shoe lace for some dress shoes would work.  Hopefully I can find that on my way home from Elias' soccer game this morning.  Crunch time!

Thanks for the nice feedback guys!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:33:41 AM by darthdaddy »