Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/28/24  (Read 237349 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 8/15/18
« Reply #900 on: August 16, 2018, 03:05:41 AM »
She looks great to me. Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #901 on: August 18, 2018, 01:35:30 AM »
I can only join the previous comments of  Starchaser and Tamer and agree with most respect. The paintjob on Sabine is outstanding! I don’t know the series, but I do know that her costume is extremely detailed. And you managed to recreate them most successfully! You got such amazing skill with the brush and an amazing eye for details, Elias!
I’m most impressed! Keep it up & best regards from Germany!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 02:17:25 AM by Darth More »

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #902 on: August 25, 2018, 01:26:49 AM »
wow
The paintjob is really a work of art.
It is amazing that you have transformed every little detail into this small scale.
Hats off!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #903 on: September 04, 2018, 08:50:50 AM »
I will pass on all of your favorable feedback to Elias.

The Darth Sidious action figures from the Revenge of the Sith line were almost all released as statuettes with very little articulation. A few action features maybe, but he was pretty much solid plastic from the waist down.  I always wondered what an action figure of the character from this film would look like if it were to be released in the modern Vintage Collection.

I used the hood and tabard of the ROTS Emperor Palpatine that turn into Darth Sidious. The body and head of the Darth Sidious are from the Vintage Collection were used to make the new version of the Dark Lord of the Sith. All I had to do was sew a new robe for him to wear. I lucked out finding some heavy red suede-like material to fabricate it from.

The pink around his eyes is present, but unfortunately didn't photograph all that well due to wonky lighting in the photoshoot by yours truly.

REVENGE OF THE SITH
"DARTH SIDIOUS"
created by Darth Daddy

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/04/18
« Reply #904 on: September 04, 2018, 03:21:28 PM »
This is a spot on represenation of the evil himself! Such a great portrait of Darth Sidious! I also like to see Jar Jar in the squad around the Emperor because he unintentionally helped Sidious gain his full political power. Senator Binks was as unaware of the Chancellor's true intention as the rest of the senate was. Another awesome custom to add to your legendary collection! Thanks for sharing and keep them coming, please! I really enjoy every single one of them!

Now, I need to grab that list I got from FialaFernbrugg to translate that aurabesh...

- Philipp
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 04:08:11 PM by Darth More »

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #905 on: September 04, 2018, 03:22:58 PM »
Very cool custom

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #906 on: September 05, 2018, 02:47:22 AM »
I saw this on our Facebook Page and shared it. I will link this description to the news thread.

It is one great custom.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #907 on: September 12, 2018, 08:51:28 AM »
Thanks everyone! I wanted to create a more articulated version of the character from this time period.

This 3.75" super-articulated figure is as easy to make as it gets. Just take a Black Series 3.75" ROTJ Chewbacca and give it the bandoleer of the Force Link 2.0 Chewbacca from the Solo toy line. The goggles are from the  Target Exclusive Vandor-1 Playset Chewbacca.  With all the newly assembled parts you get an easy, no-paint-kitbash custom action figure of your favorite Wookiee in his latest film appearance just in time for Friday's digital release of the film!

I hope we eventually get this figure in the Vintage Collection. We're huge fans of the film here at home, and we'd love to pose him with our Vintage Han Solo and soon to be released Lando Calrissian action figure from this film.

"SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY"
CHEWBACCA
created by Darth Daddy

For more pics visit here:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2018/09/solo-star-wars-story-chewbacca-created.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/12/18
« Reply #908 on: September 13, 2018, 02:40:13 AM »
Yeah, that is pretty great. Why o why can't Hasbro give us stuff like this. So you had to buy three different figures to get the parts for this. You sure can't beat the results though, he looks great.

Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #909 on: September 13, 2018, 01:12:45 PM »
Great job on Sidious! He looks phenomenal. I also love the Chewie - just did the same thing myself, but hadn't posted yet. Our family also genuinely loved the Solo movie - it was plain old fun. I hope Hasbro exploits that movie for SA figures.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #910 on: September 14, 2018, 03:14:10 AM »
I agree, Chewie looks great! That's a nice use of the accessories of the 5POA ForceLink version! Let's see if Hasbro manage to make it look as great as yours!

Thanks for sharing! There's way too little super-articulated love for Rogue One characters from Hasbro so far...

- Philipp

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #911 on: September 15, 2018, 01:23:35 AM »
The Ep. III Sidious turned out great. The face looks very realistic.
The Solo Chewie looks also very nice.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #912 on: September 16, 2018, 06:39:26 PM »
Thanks everyone! My customs lately have been less intensive than some of my other projects. Lately Elias has been picking up my slack. His latest effort blew me away.

Miraj Scintel was a female Zygerrian who served as the Queen of Zygerria during the Clone Wars. Seeking to rebuild the Zygerrian Slave Empire that was shut down by the Jedi Knights of the Old Republic, Scintel allied Zygerria with the Confederacy of Independent Systems. She was betrayed by her Prime Minister, Atai Molec and then killed by Count Dooku.

We've been wanting this character added to our action figure collection for years now. Every time we looked at our display shelf full of scum and villainy that appeared on The Clone Wars, we always felt there was a gaping hole without her there beside all our other custom creations.

To make this action figure, I used a Clone Wars Assaj Ventress action figure. We replaced her lower legs with the boots of a Clone Wars Shaak Ti, and the hands with the hands from a Clone Wars Aurra Sing. From there the action figure was completely resculpted to match Queen Miraj's appearance in the show.

Both the Convor and the hilt of her electro-whip were fabricated by hand and sculpted in ProCreate. The yellow electricity was taken from a Comic Pack Lumiya action figures accessory.

Now that she is done, one more hole on our display shelf has been filled and we can't wait to fill the next one ;)

CLONE WARS
"QUEEN MIRAJ SCINTEL & CONVOR"
created by Elias

TOO MANY PICTURE TO POST THEM ALL HERE. HEAD TO THE BLOG FOR MORE IMAGES:
https://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2018/09/clone-wars-queen-miraj-scintel-convor.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/16/18
« Reply #913 on: September 17, 2018, 03:05:04 AM »
Wow, very nice. You can tell a lot of work was done on this one. She looks fantastic.

off to share

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/16/18
« Reply #914 on: September 17, 2018, 10:29:22 AM »
Excellent! Great use of parts and the sculpting is outstanding. She looks "spot on." I also really like the Convor too. I really wish that Hasbro had done a couple of Zygerrians for the Clone Wars line.