Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/28/24  (Read 236483 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 4/12/16
« Reply #720 on: April 13, 2016, 03:12:18 AM »
Looks perfect to me. That Bespin Luke has been used as a base for countless great figures. Sure wish Hasbro would bring that one back. Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #721 on: April 13, 2016, 07:57:49 PM »
Tzizvvt looks great! But don't let Elias get his hands on him, who knows what figure he'll make you create - you know, voodoo and all:) The sculpt job is really excellent.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #722 on: April 14, 2016, 08:53:17 PM »
Love it.  He's one of the great background cantina aliens.
You neglected to mention that you used Panda Baba's flipper hands. (Good choice)

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #723 on: April 14, 2016, 10:07:28 PM »
Great turn out brian! The use of human or animal hairs in dolls/figures is ancient. Nice!
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #724 on: April 23, 2016, 12:18:26 PM »
tHANK YOU ALL! nOW THE OTHER LUTRILLIAN...

Ownellco was a male Lutrillian who lived during the Galactic Civil War. In 0 BBY, he was standing near the bar in Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina, chatting with the Qiraash female Leesub Sirln, on the day that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker chartered Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon for passage to Alderaan. 

The head I used was a heavily modified cast that was originally created by I-AM-BOBA-FETT of Riff Valley Designs.  The Lutrillian head cast I used for my Ownellco was of the character of Solomahal as he appeared in the Star Wars Holiday Special.  The version of the character that I wanted to make was the second Lutrillian that had appeared in the cantina of Star Wars: A New Hope named Ownellco. While not a perfect match for the character I was making, the head was different enough than the head I used for "Atheloe aka The Colonel" earlier this month.  I just had to Dremel off the scarf that was part of the cast and sculpt in the bottom of his face.

The jacket was handcrafted, and the body of the figure was a 100% sculpted.  I used the Rancor Keeper body as my base figure, sanded it down and sculpted onto what remained.  I stained and modified the jacket from a Black Series Endor Han Solo. First I cut the jacket shorter, and then I created pockets from the scraps left behind.  I tried to keep the stitching wherever I could to give it a more finished look.

"Ownellco"
created by Darth Daddy

plenty more pics over at the blog:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2016/04/ownellco-created-by-darth-daddy.html
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 05:14:06 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 4/23/16
« Reply #725 on: April 24, 2016, 05:19:25 AM »
Looks nice, off to share.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 4/23/16
« Reply #726 on: April 26, 2016, 06:12:37 AM »
Last of the bunch.

"MELAS"
created by Darth Daddy

SEE MORE PICS IN THE BLOG POST:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2016/04/melas-cftk-version-2-created-by-darth.html
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:30:40 AM by Tamer »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 4/26/16
« Reply #727 on: April 26, 2016, 06:28:41 AM »
Here are all the group shots including some old and new Cantina customs made by either myself or Elias.

"Cantina Denizens"
created by Customs for the Kid

Picture links for individual figures:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2016/04/cantina-denizens-created-by-customs-for.html
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:30:04 AM by Tamer »

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #728 on: April 27, 2016, 12:55:51 AM »
Thanks for the shout out on the Lutrillian cast head. I appreciate that. Really liking the Ownellco and Melas figures you made.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #729 on: April 27, 2016, 02:34:18 AM »
Nice looking group. Off to share.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #730 on: April 28, 2016, 09:42:43 AM »
That's an enviable set of Cantina denizens.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #731 on: April 28, 2016, 09:47:29 PM »
Fabulous collection. You should have a very full cantina now:) I particularly like how Melas turned out.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #732 on: May 01, 2016, 06:50:26 PM »
CUSTOMIZING "THE CLONE WARS":
https://youtu.be/a29REb0RaBM

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #733 on: May 04, 2016, 09:00:13 AM »

May the 4th be with you!  To celebrate today's festivities, we figured we'd release a project that was inspired by the first scenes that we were introduced to the crew of the Ghost on "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of the Rebellion".  We knew it was a project we needed to do once Ezra's Speeder Bike was released.

Imperial Combat Drivers or AT-DP Pilots were a special brand of Imperial pilots, that operated exclusively with the All Terrain Defense Pod walkers and several other Imperial vehicles such 614-AvA Speeder Bikes and Imperial Troop Transports. When driving ITTs, they were outfitted with darker-colored suits.

AT-DP Pilots were well trained, and were equipped with heavy armor.An 614-AvA Speeder Bike (also known as an Imperial Speeder Bike) were a series of speeder bikes used by the Galactic Empire. Manufactured by Aratech Repulsor Company, these speeder bikes were armed with twin laser cannons located at the front and work alongside All Terrain Defense Pod walkers and TIE Fighters to form a high-speed strike force, cutting down escaping rebels.

Speeder Bikes were ideal for long-distance scouting missions and patrolling large areas with minimal use of fuel or personnel. More nimble than Troop Transports, they allowed Stormtroopers to survey difficult terrain or chase after fleeing suspects. It could also tow up to two crates.

To complete this project, we just needed to do a repaint the armor of the AT-DP Pilot to match the colors of the Imperial Combat Drivers on Speeder Bikes, and to repaint Ezra's Speeder Bike white. Elias painted the Speeder Bike and Darth Daddy repainted the Imperial Combat Driver.  It took about half a day of work, and we love the results.

"STAR WARS REBELS"
IMPERIAL COMBAT DRIVER & 614-AvA SPEEDER BIKE

created by Customs for the Kid

PLENTY MORE PICTURES AT THE BLOG:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2016/05/star-wars-rebels-imperial-combat-driver.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 5/04/16
« Reply #734 on: May 05, 2016, 02:50:12 AM »
These look great! I like it all. So thinking about creating an AT-DP Driver outfit in the future. Off to share.