Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/28/24  (Read 237167 times)

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 02/01/20
« Reply #1035 on: February 11, 2020, 05:07:36 AM »
Thanks everyone!

Offline Elias

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars: Customs for the Kid
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 02/01/20
« Reply #1036 on: February 11, 2020, 05:11:34 AM »
Dad has made two Ziro the Hutt toys so far. One he made for me and another he made for Jimmy Mac, the host of RebelForce Radio. Around the same time Dad made his first version, Instagram user @DarthZiro made a version also. Dad was always a big fan of his sculpt. Early last year during a conversation they were having, he offered to send us a cast of his original sculpt. All we needed to do was fill some holes made from air bubbles that got trapped in his mold during the casting process with some Aves Fixit and then paint him once he dried. Since Dad made Ziro twice already, I asked if I could make him this time around. I finished the few little repairs and all the paint applications at the beginning of the summer last year and even started his accessories, but due to a large commission project, I had to set Ziro aside. While recently waiting for some of the sculpts on my commissions to dry, I used some leftover sculpting material to finish fabricating his headdress and removable jewelry. Thankfully, he is now finally complete! He looks so cool and is such a great addition to the collection!

"ZIRO THE HUTT"
(@DarthZiro Sculpt)
Paintwork & Accessories by Elias

FEW MORE PICS AVAILABLE AT THE LINK:
https://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2020/02/ziro-hutt-darthziro-sculpt-paintwork.html

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 02/11/20
« Reply #1037 on: February 11, 2020, 07:08:25 AM »
Magnificent paint! Looks like ole Ziro lept off the screen. The headdress turned out good.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1038 on: February 12, 2020, 03:38:42 AM »
Wow, now this is great. Off to the front pages.

We can only hope if TCW is coming back that perhaps Ziro will finally make it onto the toy aisle.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1039 on: February 12, 2020, 11:31:36 PM »
Awesome work as always mate.

Ron

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1040 on: February 17, 2020, 05:36:28 AM »
Thank you everyone!

This figure was created from another 3-D print file by Isotelus. He has articulation at the shoulders, wrists, hips and waist. We have been wanting to add this droid from The Force Awakens to our shelves since we saw the film. It is really exciting to have him as part of the collection now!

"HURID-327"
painted by Darth Daddy

MORE INFORMATION AT THE BLOG:
https://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2020/02/hurid-327-painted-by-darth-daddy.html

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 02/17/20
« Reply #1041 on: February 17, 2020, 05:49:37 AM »
Ah, yes I remember that one from the TFA Trailer on that party flag tempel planet right? Looks good! Would've forgotten about it without your reminder as I did for the entire Sequel Trilogy. Still nice custom though. It's even greater to see you back postin' here!

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #1042 on: February 17, 2020, 10:10:43 AM »
The hutt is great, but damn I really love that droid!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1043 on: February 17, 2020, 04:30:39 PM »
Fantastic work on the droid.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1044 on: February 18, 2020, 03:59:41 AM »
Nice droid. Man, makes me wonder how many droids we have seen on film and in series on TV that haven't seen printed form yet. I could see a person just focusing on a droid AF Collection. Off to the front pages.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1045 on: February 18, 2020, 03:00:26 PM »
Sweet droid!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1046 on: February 24, 2020, 12:24:41 AM »
Ziro and HURID both turned out really well. Excellent work as usual!

Offline Elias

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1047 on: April 15, 2020, 09:02:35 AM »
So Dad was much better at posting on the forums than I am. In fact, I have been absolutely terrible about it. We have done quite a lot of custom action figures since our last post here. I will even have a few more to post up this weekend. Anyhow, here is what we have been up to.

This action figure was created for a commission. Our good friend Corey Van Dyke of Kessel Run Transmissions asked Dad if he could make him an Anakin Skywalker in time for the release of Season 7. Dad was a little worried about the deadline, but was able to finish the figure in less than a week.

Thanks for all the nice feedback on our customs!
We may have another cool Clone Wars action figure coming later in the season of the show so keep coming back for that reveal.

Look for Dad and I to appear as a recurring guests on Kessel Run Transmissions Friday evenings as they review each episode of Season 7 of The Clone Wars.

THE CLONE WARS - SEASON 7
"ANAKIN SKYWALKER"
created by Darth Daddy

CB-23 was a BB-series astromech droid with feminine programming who was a member of the Resistance in 34 ABY. She was assigned to Commander Poe Dameron while BB-8 was stationed on the Colossus with Kazuda Xiono. After Dameron took back BB-8 before going on a mission to Jakku, CB-23 replaced the droid as Kaz's sidekick while on his misson on the Colossus platform.

CB-23 was a BB-series astromech droid with a spherical chassis, feminine programming, and red-blue plating. She was initially jealous of BB-8 but came to appreciate her fellow droid better after he saved her from a marauding Kowakian monkey-lizard. The two subsequently became friends.

CB-23 is a character created for Star Wars Resistance. She first appeared in the episode "Signal from Sector Six."[2] The droid's name was BB-23 in early stages of the episode, but as it was felt that having two droids named BB would have been confusing, she was renamed CB-23 as a nod to Carrie Beck, Vice President of Development within the Lucasfilm Story Group.

This is the first custom that we made from the Star Wars Resistance TV show. We would love to do more because not enough toys were made from this show in the action figure line. We were given the 3-D print file for CB-23's head from fellow Star Wars customizer, Sandcrawler Customs. He had just made a 6" version. I scaled the head down to 3.75", printed the head and then added it to the body of the BB-8 from the Resistance action figure line and gave the figure a repaint.

STAR WARS RESISTANCE
"CB-23"
created by Darth Daddy

GOUD-4 was a box-shaped messenger droid with four wheels that was forced to work in the criminal Pyke Syndicate's spice mines on the planet Kessel during the reign of the Galactic Empire.[2] In 10 BBY,[3] GOUD-4 was freed from slavery when its restraining bolt was removed during a slave revolt in the mines started by the droid L3-37.[2]

We can't express how much we have been enjoying the 3-D print files of Isotelus. They are a blast to print and paint. We especially love how much they have added to our Kessel Playset by really filling out its droid population.

"GOUD-4"
painted by Darth Daddy

I made the action figures below on commission for one of our readers. I was able to improve upon two of the headsculpts since our last attempt at the characters. Dad was able to cut down some of the labor time for me by molding and casting a few of the original heads that we made which was great because it saved me having to re-sculpt all six heads. Ganodi and Katooni were the onlt two characters that I still had to hand sculpt, because we just didn't have the right tools and set-up to mold and cast them. I really liked the sculpt more on the second attempts. It was hard to mail them out the door.

Even now mass production from the molds we have is sketchy without a pressure chamber. Between Byph's eyes and Zatt's tentacles, getting a good cast is next to impossible. Gungi was the only cast that needed only minor fixes. We kept the recipes for the figures exactly the same as we did for our first set of Younglings. Click on the photo of our first set below for the full breakdown of how they were made.

"JEDI YOUNGLINGS"
created by Elias

This is the second version of Fives in his Coruscant Club disguise. We recently redid the action figure at the request of Corey Van Dyke from Kessel Run Transmissions. I had already made an Ahsoka Tano in her Seige of Mandalore armor and a Season 7 version of Obi-Wan Kenobi when this figure was added to the list. It was a quick and easy custom to make. I just used the body of a Phase II Clone Trooper action figure with a Clone headcast we made. A while back Dad made this enormous mold of every Clone Wars clone head ever produced. It always comes in handy for projects like these. After making the cast, I painted it so it had Fives head tattoo, scar and goatee. Then we painted a modified Imperial Officer cap from the Juno Eclipse action figure to finish the figure. You need to make a pizza wedge slice into the back of her cap and re-glue the edges back together to make it fit Fives head nice and tight. Before painting, feel free to sculpt a thin layer over the cut to hide it once the glue dries.

"THE LOST MISSIONS"
FIVES
(CORUSCANT CLUB DISGUISE)
VERSION 2
created by Elias

Offline Elias

• Lieutenant
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 04/15/20
« Reply #1048 on: April 15, 2020, 09:03:03 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1049 on: April 16, 2020, 04:44:14 AM »
Wow, now that is a great update. I had figured with this new season of TCW you guys would be going strong. Great to see you guys back on the Kessel Run Review too.

Off to the front pages with some of this.