Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures Reloaded 12-28 Lt. Feng!  (Read 75896 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Those chairs are fantastic, LE!
Where did you get your aves fixit? Did you order it direct?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
I would love to know where you got your table too? That looks great and seems to have a working light?

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Spry just stunning work on the Sandy buddy and I'm really looking forward to seeing the cantina section when it's done.

Ron
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:41:01 AM by hemble »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Thanks Shawn! I do plan to mold and cast more chairs and if it goes good I could make some available this time of year. The table I made out of a 2 inch PVC coupler a while ago. I plan to make a new one  just a bit taller and more accurate.

JediMerc, thanks my friend. I want to make the new table next.

Glad you are liking the new furniture Clint! Yes, I order the Aves direct.

Thanks Ron! The woodwork goes a bit slower as I have to go to my Dad's to cut everything out.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
I like the way the repainted figures turned out. That cantina dio also looks great.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
LE I love the sculpt work on those chairs. The dio needs to somehow make it to the next Celebration!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Those chairs are sick. I wasn't going to pick up Greedo, but now I might have to.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
 :o  :o

WOW.....FANTASTIC
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am sort of on hold until I can get mold material to mold the chair. I spent some time making figures for the NPKB contest and I have been filling a few cast parts orders so I hope to start on the table soon.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
I know I am waiting to see how your dio is going. Just a great idea doing it in shadowbox form. Your chairs are the best versions of these I have seen in the six inch scale.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Well I'm the same mate I can't wait to see you start thisproject back up.

Ron

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Now you just need to make a "fried" greedo custom version to slump over in the booth to display him! 

I've been silently lurking watching this thread/project.  I'm impressed.  I love the dio.  now that i've gotten to really look at a few of the 6" figures in hand this kind of project is what I think they were meant for!  I really wish they weren't so expensive! 

This scale allows you to put a lot more detail into your builds, or at least, put it into the build easier!  I look forward to seeing this finished!

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
All I can say is awesome, words don't describe how amazing those details are.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Good news guys! My casting materials showed up so I was able to mold and cast the Cantina chair! I am going to post all future work on that note in the diorama section soon.

More good news, I have been invited to display my work with another 1:1 scale prop builder in a local art show! I went to meet the people and see the space and lets just say it is rather small. I have plenty of room to hang vehicles from the ceiling but limited shelf and table space for display. So I need some small type of display/diorama to make this work. I knew I wanted to display my 6 inch Sandtrooper so I started thinking, I need a Ron Hemble style environment to properly show him off. So I started building one, look for an update in my dio thread, and I need a second figure to make the scene look alive/tell a story. I didn't just want another Sandie so I started thinking what could I scratch build to be really cool and different? As I was cleaning up the lab from building the dio I came across some containers I have used several times before and it hit me, A GONK DROID! Then the madness started, I will let the pictures tell the tale.

1618466_577424152347323_1028319269_n by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

1621707_577500569006348_1795027592_n by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

1797500_577987812290957_516967751_n by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0002 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0003 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0004 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

1796677_578328765590195_1329955466_n by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

1557673_578998482189890_191492143_n by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

My final photos of him looked like crap so I will photograph him again and be back with completed pics. Thanks for tuning in!

Offline Siths Herald

• Ensign
The Gonk looks great!  Does he stand pretty well?  Looks like he might have the tendency to be top heavy.