Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures Reloaded 12-28 Lt. Feng!  (Read 75830 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Thanks for all the wonderful comments guys! I am glad everyone is into my project, I can tell you these are some of the most wanted figures ever, for me. I am really into all the background characters as most all of them were plotting to kill Jaba and take over his empire. I have been working really hard on this group trying to get every detail I can make out in photos into these figures.

I will start with Ak-Rev. I have painted his lower legs and some of his upper body that was slopy from the factory. Then I did a few washes to blend my new paint with there shiney factory paint. I dry brushed his head with tan and sealed everything in Dullcote.

Next up is Umpass-stay. He was missing in the WIP pics as I had only cut his legs in half. I found my old Bespin Vader with removable ball joints on the legs and added them at the knee to the Umpass-stay legs. AllI had to do was dremel a rounded hole into each side the drill another hole to accept the ball joint stem. I them repainted the hat, shoulder cowl, legs and feet. Sealed in Dullcote.

This is the unknown Nikto that is lurking behind Yarna when she dances. I have now sculpted his "shirt tail out" look.

This next one is very special to me. I have wanted this character forever! He is one of the most visable skiff guards in the scene! He is wearing white and is at the front of the second skiff and his name is Sgt. Doallyn. You may notice I have switched bodies for this from the previous WIP pics. The Scanning Crew suit is perfect I just has to sculpt his collar, brown pieces under it and add some length to the pants where they tuck into the boots. Then I painted everything and sealed with Dullcote. By the way I recycled my 10 year old head for this one.

That is all for today. I do have another almost done and the rest still need some sculpting. I hope to make more time for these this weekend.

Offline Rogue82

• Ensign
Awesome work Spry. Thanks for the shopping list, I'll definitely be giving some of those a go. Did you sculpt that Doallyn head yourself?

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
In the military, you sir would be a sniper, because your eye for parts is DEAD ON! Combined with the delicate paintstrokes that would make Rembrandt weep.... Sorry, my eyes are watering up too much to see the letters on the keyboard.... These figures are just bwjeiripm...

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
Wow, just wow!!!  :o
Awesome figures, you are truly gifted mate!!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
I'm in awe of your version of Sgt. Doallyn!  You've achieved perfection with this character, there's no other way to say it. 

I love the shirt tail sculpting and what you achieved with the background Nikto behind Yarna; turned out very nicely indeed. 

An excellent set of updates to these characters; I really enjoyed checking these out...I hope you've got more of Jabba's henchmen in the works in the future! 

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Thanks friends for the flattering comments. As I said earlier, I have wanted these figures for a long time. Before now the fodder available just didn't work for these guys. Now that we have all these amazing sculpts from Hasbro there is better fodder available to bring these to life. Also previously my sculpting skills were not good enough to even try to do this. I still think my sculpting is pretty crappy, but sometimes I can pull it off. I do a lot of refining and sanding that helps smooth out the added areas before painting.

Jedi Merc, thanks man! I have to admit, there was a huge sense of satisfaction when I finished Doallyn. He is my favorite of these so far. I have finished another that is not shown here that is running a close second to him, he wears a red head band, hint hint. Don't worry, I have several more in the works.

Barry, you sir, know how to make my day! You are too kind.

Rogue 82, I bashed the helmet together from Joe parts.

I'll have another update soon, 1 figure is done, 1 needs paint and several WIP's still to go.

By the way, I am despirately seeking skiff guards, the newest ones. I need the Nikto Guard( he drives the prisoner skiff) and Kithbath(SP?) If anyone sees these 2 figures I would gladly buy or trade for them. I need them before C6!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Spry, that paint job on Ak-Rev looks like magic. Love the Sgt. Doallyn too. Your update is on the front page.

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
Looking good in the Jabba Hood Spry!!!! You sir know your toys!!!!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
HEY man i am in awe the ak-rev is a hundred times better . The sgt. doallyn is unbelievable i try not to duplicate anybody's idea but in this case i may just make an exception. lol  keep up the amazing work.  dude

Offline Rogue82

• Ensign
I need those two figures aswell but if I see a spare I'll pick one up. Just wondering if you do any casting? That doallyn head is spot on and I'd love a cast.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
great work LE as always awsome attention to detaiil !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Man, L.E.  I'm loving the Jabba theme your doing.  Jabba's Palace has always been my favorite part of the entire SW universe and I love seeing you bringing it to life in action figure form.  I'm drooling over here.

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
Wow these are awesome sculpting work is awesome!!!!! :o

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Thanks so much guys! I have never done any casting but now that I am sculpting, I want to try it. This head is close but not perfect. I will be sculpting an accurate version after C6, this is close enough for now. Anyone interested in making these guys please do so, you just have to post the pics so we all can see them.

I have a few more done and hope to make time this evening to snap a few pics!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
looking forward to the new ones, your work here is really outstanding and so rich on details, wow!