Author Topic: Marauder Gun-Runners Series 6 Review  (Read 6343 times)

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
Marauder Gun-Runners Series 6 Review
« on: June 13, 2012, 06:27:56 PM »
This afternoon the postman brought my long awaited Marauder Gun-Runners Series 6 Review Set!

Once again, Marauder Gun-Runners delivers a nice balanced assortment of heavy weapons, asault rifles, pistols and modular accessories. There is something for just about everyone in this wave.

Before breaking the wave down into individual items, I want to reiterate some comments from my previous reviews because the statements are as valid today as when I first wrote them:

Sculpt:

As usual for Marauder "Gun Runners", the sculpts are dead-on to their real world counterparts. Every detail you could ever want or expect is present, and then some. I honestly do not see how these accessories could be sculpted any better than they currently are, but I have confidence that Marauder "Gun Runners" will continue to raise the bar with each release.

Construction:

Like all of Marauder "Gun Runners"' past offerings, this series is cast from a sturdy, rigid black plastic. These accessories are not resin casts of other companies' offerings. They are professionally produced with the highest quality plastics in an overseas factory.

A great side note to any customizers- the plastic used for these accessories takes paint very well and can be Krazy Glued(tm) without turning white!

Affordability/Availability:

One of the best things about Marauder "Gun Runners" offerings is that they are very affordable. With money saving sets available, you can equip all of your troops without breaking the bank. Marauder "Gun Runners"' wares are available 24 hours a day via their website:

http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

I will now break this series down weapon by weapon :

AKM Assault Rifle w/ Clip

This assault rifle looks like a modern update of the venerable Soviet AK-47/74 assault rifle that has seen service for decades. This great rifle will look at home in the hands of any snake-themed enemy soldier! This weapon sports 5 modular accessory ports for maximum customization!

FOS Assault Rifle w/ Clip

Here's what looks to be a modernized version of another classic assault rifle, this time the American M-16/M-4 carbine. The handle is a bit on the thick side so beware using it with older figures with hard plastic hands but today's modern figures with their softer hands shouldn't have any problems holding this rifle.  This weapon sports 5 modular accessory ports for maximum customization!

Vector Machine Gun

This great little next generation sub machine gun is just packed with small details. Make sure you arm all of your urban assault or close quarters combat troops with this weapon. Sci-fi customizers could also modify this weapon into different types of "blaster" weapons very easily. This weapon sports 2 modular accessory ports for customization!

AA12 Automatic Shotgun with Ammo Drum

This is just the weapon you want in your hands when you find yourself stranded on an alien game preserve planet and being hunted by invisible killers! It works pretty well on terrestrial battlefields as well so get enough to spread around. This weapon sports 3 modular accessory ports for customization!

Type 95 QBZ Assault Rifle

This wicked-looking foreign assault rifle would look great in the hands of any enemy action figures in your collection. Sci-fi customizers could also use this rifle as the base for a "laser" rifle with some modifications. This weapon sports a modular accessory port for customization!

MP40 Machine Gun

This relic from the past is just as deadly today as it was in World War II! This weapon will look great in the hands of any enemy or outlaw action figure in your collection.

M240 Bravo Machine Gun w/ Bipod & Ammo Case

This Series' lone heavy weapon is this great squad support gun. The ammo case fits snugly against the receiver and the bipod supports the riffle in all sorts of action figure poses. There are also 2 modular accessory ports for customization!

M200 Sniper Rifle with Scope, Silencer & Bipod

If you need to take out a target at a distance in "low light" conditions, this is the rifle for you! This weapon is superior in every way to the one we got with a certain hard-to-find action figure from last year so now everyone can have as many rifles as they want without having to track down those pricey figures. This rifle is also very futuristic and would look great in a sci-fi setting with some small modifications. There are also 2 modular accessory ports for customization!

G-18 Automatic Pistol

I'm not usually a fan of extended clips on pistols as they tend to look a bit silly, but I can understand the need for more ammo when the zombies or other threats are coming for you (customizers can trim the clip to a particular length if they so desire).

Desert Eagle Automatic Pistol

Here's a pistol with stopping power! Upgrade all of your figures' sidearms with these pistols as they fit in many of the holsters widely available in different lines. There is also a modular accessory port for customization!

Ninja Throwing Star

With as ninja-heavy as the toy aisles are today, there will be alot of ninja that could use these.

I saved my personal favorite for last!

Flamethrower Incendiary Weapon

Bring this great incendiary rifle on your next "bug hunt" and bbq some nasty aliens! Get yours before I buy all of Marauder's stock! :)

There are also several different modular accessories in Series 6 to customize your weapons in  tons of different ways:

This series was delayed a few times, but it is certainly worth the wait!

I give Series 6 the "Spectre Seal Of Approval"!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:26:40 PM by The Spectre »
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Marauder Gun-Runners Series 6 Review
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 03:12:28 AM »
Great review. Time to go take this to FB and FP.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »
very cool stuff!

Offline Kurgan_Jr.

• Cadet
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 12:28:35 PM »
Very cool stuff  ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »
Our front page now has up a podcast where Chad reviews these too. They do indeed sound nice.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 04:30:27 AM »
Very nice, I have 30 of their "Stormtrooper" rifles and they are just awesome. Marauder knows their armory, Hasbro doesn't. Period.