Author Topic: Wheeljacks dioramas  (Read 5073 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Wheeljacks dioramas
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 07:48:51 AM »
Very cool! I love the use of things that people normaly throw away to make this bunker! The expanding foam is awesome isn't it? I used it to make my Rancor Pit diorama years ago. I recognize the barrels everyone is asking about and they come in a Rescue Heroes vehicle set at TRU. It doesn't look like they have been modified at all.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 08:24:53 AM »
I could see a Hoth Trench with a series of these interconnecting and some of that snow Spooky told us about sprinkled all over the place.

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 09:51:12 AM »
Very inventive & fun... I am inspired by these... good work here :)
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »
I made my son a quick Jabba's Palace playset. Total cost of this project was £0.00 It is made completly with left over house paints and basic cardboard covered with layers of glue and paper for strength :) This hobby doesn't have to be expensive, in fact the greatest thrill I get is from making something cool, and more important fun from what would otherwise be junk.

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
Re: Wheeljacks dioramas (Jabba Palace added 12/06/12)
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 01:21:54 PM »
A few more pics. Solo in Carbonyte was made by placing a old Solo figure in auto body putty and painted grey.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 05:14:42 AM »
Wheeljack, I love seeing new additions to your threads. This new update is no exception.

I would love to see more shots of how to create that carbonite han.

What a great use for some of those old potf2 figures too. Back on the fp.

Offline XTS_Operative

• Ensign
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 05:31:08 AM »
Hey man, love that you thought to include a prison cell. This set has tons of play value. Is the next picture down a break room for Jabba's thugs?  ;D The British flag pillow is a nice touch.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:33:06 AM by XTS_Operative »

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 08:34:59 AM »
An excellent little Jabas Palace playset! the Union Jack cushion and the darkened walls reminds me of a bar in Marbella I used to frequent! Great fun!

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 09:30:14 AM »
This hobby doesn't have to be expensive, in fact the greatest thrill I get is from making something cool, and more important fun from what would otherwise be junk.

^^^ Tis soooo true my friend... 1 of the greatest joys the hobby brings 2 many folks, is the ability 2 take ordinary, everday objects, that some would feel have no further uses & "freecycle" them into creative pieces that can bring limitless fun... it's all the added little details that make projects like this worthwhile & a visual treat...
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 11:08:08 AM »
Very cool!  I've always been intimidated about creating diroamas.  Partly because of a lack of space, but also because of the lack of experience working with the materials everyone uses.  I really like what you did.  I hope one day I'll just take the plunge.  I'd love to make Dex's Diner one day so I can do a photo novel with the diner as a setting and have some Pulp Fiction stand off with the patrons.  Really like the Han in carbonite.  I did a carbonite tutorial last year for the Create a Wookielover1138 contest, that now looks way more complicated than it needed to be.  I really wish I saw your version a long time ago.  It would have saved me a lot of time.  Awesome job!!

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 10:51:27 AM »
Thanks for the comments all. Darth you gotta try doing the diner for a star wars pulp fiction scene!!! Thats all part of the fun learning how to use the materials, I have been using cheap materials and learning the basics. Someday I will try to make a proper Jabba's palace with grout, lighting, and sculpted furniture, but I know I'm not ready to spend that kind of money until I feel I have enough skill to do it proper.  :)

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 10:57:49 AM »
^^^ HA HA! Mace Windu askin' for his Galactic ID back... "It's the one that says Bad Mutha Effin' Jedi on it..."

Anakin as Vincent Vega - "Yeah, but Gamorrean tastes gooood..."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:00:47 PM by BL4CK5H33P »

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 01:31:17 PM »
^^^ HA HA! Mace Windu askin' for his Galactic ID back... "It's the one that says Bad Mutha Effin' Jedi on it..."

LMAO BL4CK5H33P!!!!!

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 02:28:26 PM »

LMAO BL4CK5H33P!!!!!

I got 1 more... Mos Eisley Cantina - Wuhrer the bartender to Han Solo - "Did you see the sign out in front of my cantina that said DEAD RODIAN STORAGE...?"
Han replies - "No, I didn't..."
Wuhrer replies - "Cause storin' dead Rodians ain't my frakin' business!!!" --- somebody seriously should do a PULP WARS parody...                 

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »

Luke Skywalker (Mr. Wolf) - to Jabba the Hutt:  "You have Solo, frozen in Carbonite on ya wall.....take me too it"

ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK