Imperial Creative Engineering > Costumes, Props and replicas

Tamer is finally getting a Driver Costume

(1/75) > >>

Tamer:
I just realized after cluttering up JKNO's Collection Thread (sorry Serg) that perhaps this would be the best place to document the process of how I am putting together my Driver Costume.

First off, I have to thank Serg again for dealing with myriad questions and accuracy issues and the many links I asked him to look at to judge the accuracy. If you don't know it, JKNO is definitely an unofficial Star Wars Expert when it comes to movie accuracy in regards to armor and props. And thanks to his suggestions and looking at the options for me (meaning I wanted someone else to do all the dirty work) I chose Faraway Creations: a prop company based in Colorado. Pat and I actually saw some of their work at CV and while we didn't talk to any of them we sure did enjoy their Hoth Display. After exchanging numerous emails and talking about what I wanted I decided to go with their full package and they even now offer canon flight suits. Here is a link to thier Site:

http://www.farawaycreations.com/

Here is a link they have to a gallery of their Driver Costume:

http://www.farawaycreations.com/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=2&Itemid=11

I will use this thread to document the entire process.

And oh, the other great news is I talked Cal (Viper Aviator) into creating an E-11 Blaster for me! Thank you for letting me twist your arm on that Cal!

Clonehead:
now you have really gone and done it, haven't you, Shawn. I a going to be green with envy.

Phatty:
This should be fun to watch! 

ActionFigEmpire:
Cool Tamer! I hadn't thought of going the costuming firm approach but they look good. I'm still a big... fan of fan-made, or rather less organized guys like us--fringers, customizing costumes and whatnot. I'm really curious as to how you got them to do a full costume and also if it is costing you your first born and a USS Flag or something like that. Anything you'd care to share would be awesome! I'm looking into getting back into costuming and want something you can't buy on eBay. PM me?

Thanks! Can't wait to see this unfold and to see you in your new suit!

Tamer:

--- Quote from: Clonehead on June 03, 2012, 07:26:47 AM ---now you have really gone and done it, haven't you, Shawn. I a going to be green with envy.

--- End quote ---

Oh don't worry. I plan on hooking as many folks as I can. As you know Clint, I have been wanting one of these for awhile. These guys could hook you up with a great Clonehead Costume too. ;D

--- Quote from: Phatty on June 03, 2012, 07:30:35 AM ---This should be fun to watch!  

--- End quote ---

I agree. I am really gonna enjoy this. It has been a long time coming. Do you remember this group we saw at CV?

--- Quote from: ActionFigEmpire on June 03, 2012, 08:51:31 AM ---Anything you'd care to share would be awesome! I'm looking into getting back into costuming and want something you can't buy on eBay. PM me?

--- End quote ---

Thanks AFE. I definitely might still need some help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version