Author Topic: Dagobah - Endor - Kashyyyk backdrops...??? by BL4CK5H33P (31 pics)  (Read 1343 times)

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
So there is a park around the corner from my house, that has a group of trees that have these nodular, tumorous, gnarly growths protruding from the trunks & root systems... I suspect it is a mutation from a bacterial or viral infection, yet the trees seem otherwise healthy. They just look so odd, alien & otherworldly, that I thought they would make for great Dagobah - Endor - Kashyyyk backdrops, if any of you Photoshop gurus wanted to freeform crop & paste some images from them, I would like to see what might come out of them... Please reply to this thread or PM me & share them w/ the ISY community... :)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:51:33 AM by BL4CK5H33P »
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
Re: Dagobah - Endor - Kashyyyk backdrops...??? by BL4CK5H33P (31 pics)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 10:38:29 AM »
These are great!  They would absolutely make for great resource bits to make into a background.  Thanks for sharing these!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 02:57:15 AM »
These trees are the types of trees that would look great in any type of web-comic. I bet Jules could do some gnarly work (not much pun intended) with these.

Spookymufu

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 06:59:36 AM »
this is a cool idea except, Endore had iconic giant redwoods and I think anything else wouldnt say "Endor"

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 07:36:00 AM »
Ah yes, good old stem gaul and root gaul. It is indeed created by a virus. Makes for very cool alien world look indeed. I do agree with Spooky Endor would be a stretch but I can seem some alien race inhabiting the various holes and nooks in many of these pictures. Some of the holes created in roots come from lawnmower blight. Roots were cut repeatidly by the mower, the cambium layer could never grow back and the center rotted while the outside continued to grow. Very cool stuff and thanks for sharing.