Author Topic: Amok Time Toys  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Amok Time Toys
« on: April 25, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »
Some of these are way overpriced, but they have the new Vintage Waves (for the most part) including Wedge Antilles, Nom Arnor, Dr. Evazan:

http://www.amoktime.com/star-wars-super-section-star-wars-vintage-collection.html

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Amok Time Toys
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 05:34:56 PM »
It's funny; their prices online are way overpriced, but they used to do a booth at Wizard World in Chicago, and Wayne and I got numerous items for severely cheap.  Odd.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Amok Time Toys
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 05:06:02 AM »
That seems the lot of most etailers these days Pat and I do agree it stinks in a major way.

The sad thing is that even these inflated prices still save some of us, like me who live in rural areas and have to spend way too many dollars in gas, a good bit of money in the long run and give us quicker access to the figures.

As far as my own dealings with Amok Time, I got in a Hoth Luke that was punched when their picture said unpunched and when I asked them about it they said I could ship it back for a refund, but not much else. Of course none of the shipping monies would be returned so I would have basically had to pay around 15 bucks to get around that same amount back and be out a figure to boot which is how they probably get folks not to return things.

So, long story short, if you are a carded guy like me you are probably going to be disappointed, but if you are an opener and like me have horrible stores that rarely get updated this might be a way to get new figures if you need a fix. I might try their phone number and make one more order to see if I can get unpunched if I talk to a warm body there, but I doubt they will gaurantee an unpunched card. Still, most etailers won't promise that either in their defense.

I guess about the only other critique is that when you order the shipping says ups ground which in reality they turn into usps and they have a handling fee that is part of their shipping charges. Once again though, if you factor in the price of gas like I have too it still might make sense to use them. I am on the hunt for the best etailer. I am slowly coming to the conclusion that they don't exist. ;D