Author Topic: Vintage Collection Darth Maul upgrades [page 16]  (Read 50937 times)

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
Re: Rogue One: Jyn Erso and Death Trooper Officer [page 13]
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2017, 06:36:25 PM »
Well guys, my days of customizing/collecting figures are coming to a close. What started out as a fun, creative and social hobby has become somewhat disappointing and frustrating. Hasbro's lack of articulation in it's figures and 2 "meh" movies, plus a lack luster toyline for them, has taken so much of this hobby's enjoyment away from me. And the only place to get what few articulated figures there are..is either ebay or Walmart. I've even begun selling off my Star Wars collection. I just don't have that enthusiasm for it--as I once did. Heck, I even got rid of the back drop I used to use for taking pictures of my customs

It was due in part to a customizer known as Bantha5 that in 2005, got me interested in this hobby with his awesome Clone Trooper to Commander Cody kit and Neyo kits (http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=906805). As well as inspiration from Sith_Fire30 and Glassman6's work. It was they that got me hooked on Rebelscum's forums, checking it out several times a day just to see what awesome and creative work others had to share. Eventually they stopped posting, as well as others I followed. Rebelscum started to "dry up", which lead me to other sites.. like this phenomenal community at the Shipyards. But I'm not as active on here as I wish I could be.

That being said...I've been working on two favored figures for a bit, and they will be my last. Up first is Sabine Wren. Although I'm not a fan of Rebels, I kinda dig the character and design.  I made her mostly for my young daughter, hopefully she might appreciate the figure when she gets older.

So without further adieu.. Sabine Wren.

Body: Marauder Inc Valkyrie
Head: Marauder Inc Valkyrie
Chest Armor: Marauder Inc Valkyrie
Helmet: Hasbro Sabine Wren Version 2
Shoulder pads: random figure

« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 06:27:59 PM by DaBooma »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Sabine Wren Valkyrie [page 14]
« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2017, 06:39:24 AM »
First off your Sabine is fantastic. One of the best versions of her I have seen. Your daughter will be stoked.

Now for the rest. It is with a heavy heart when I read this was the first of the last two customs  you are gonna make and that you are getting out of collecting and customizing. I am hoping we can talk you out of that, but I sure do understand where you are coming from. Aside from the every increasing cost of what we deem figures that actually move there just doesn't seem to be anything on the pegs we want anymore. Thank the maker for small companies like Maruader that are making stuff folks can use to make even better stuff like you did with Sabine. Thank you for posting your work here and know that we will leave the light on after we showcase your second custom should you ever get the itch again. Sniff. Sniff.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2017, 04:19:18 PM »
Sabine looks fantastic, you did an awesome job with the paints apps and the articulation you did should be part of these figures IMO (take note Hasbro).

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2017, 11:12:22 PM »
Sabine looks fantastic! I'm excited for the Valkyrie figures for exactly what have shown they can do. I've really enjoyed your work over the years and while I understand your choice, i hope you won't be a stranger to the forums.

On another note - where did you find the Viking statue you used as "color" for your photos? That would be great dio fodder.

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
« Reply #199 on: February 08, 2022, 11:05:10 AM »
Starchaser, the Viking statues are from an old Lord of the Rings Helms Deep playset

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
Concept Kenner Clone Warrior [page 15]
« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2022, 11:30:59 AM »
Hello guys! After a 5 year hiatus, I'm back.

The pandemic boredom got me back in to customizing. I have a ton of things to show you all.

To start off, here's my take on Kenner's concept design for the Clone Warriors, post Return of the Jedi.

I've been working on him for a few years, and was just sitting in my "To Finish" bin. So I decided to finish what I started.

He's made from
Head: VC Kylo Ren with scraps of plastic glued on
Body: VC Biker Scout
Lower Arms: Armored Cobra Commander
Lower Legs: Armored Cobra Commander
Cape: Imperial Guard
Shoulder Armor: GI Joe Medi Viper
Gun: Custom pieces cut and glued together
Faceplate: Random armor from Boss Fight Studios Hacks Figure

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 06:26:24 PM by DaBooma »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Kenner Concept Clone Warrior [page 14]
« Reply #201 on: February 09, 2022, 04:46:20 AM »
So awesome to see you back! We left the light on for you.

Great Warrior. I like him.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Kenner Concept Clone Warrior [page 14]
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2022, 12:34:08 PM »
Wow, its been a while. Great to see you back. This was a really fun build. Nice job assembling all the parts for what is a pretty interesting figure. Looking forward to seeing what else you've done.

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
Homage to the actors behind the mask/under the helmet
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2022, 12:40:35 PM »
I thought it would be cool to pay homage to a few of the actors behind the masks and under the helmets of our favorite characters.

3P0:
Head - Lt Dannl Faytonni
Body - 40th Anniversary C-3PO Droid Factory (only sold at Disney Theme Parks?)

Vader:
Head - Power of the Force Anakin
Body & Helmet - 30th Anniversary Collection Vader

Boba Fett:
Head - Jeremoch Colton
Body - VC186 Boba Fett
Helmet - VC186 hallowed out

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Homage to the actors behind the mask/under the helmet [page 14]
« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2022, 12:48:49 AM »
Wow, my first reaction was that I was amazed by how much Lt Dannl Faytonni actually looks like Anthony Daniels. That's because I never knew that he actually played this character in Attack of the Clones...

It's so nice to see Vader actually smile. The head sculpt is really well done by Kenner. Your customs are also a nice tribute to David Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch. I think it was a respectful gesture by George Lucas to give some roles of the Prequels to actors of the Original Trilogy.

Thank you so much for sharing the recipes as well! I think you did a great job portraying all three of them.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2022, 06:06:49 AM »
Wow, so nice. Man, why wouldn't Hasbro do a set like this for the anniversary of something Star Wars. I didn't even know about some of these heads from your recipes. Thanks for sharing.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2022, 03:36:18 PM »
That's a great idea! Those look really great. Nice execution.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2022, 01:31:36 PM »
Nice job on the tribute figures.  The look really good.

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
Vintage Collection Darth Revan
« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2022, 12:59:33 PM »
Hey guys! Here's my Vintage Collection style Darth Revan.

This is the second longest custom for me to finally finish. Mostly because I couldn't find the right replacement head/helmet. Thanks to a seller on Etsy, this one is finally---done.

I couldn't believe I'm posting this update almost exactly 10 years to the day, when I first started this thread. My first post here was Canderous Ordo, next to his buddies.

Head: Etsy seller (not painted by me)
Body: 30th Collection Darth Revan
Legs: Random Darth Vader
Feet: GI Joe Wraith
Cape: made using a Darth Vader cape and hood from an Emperor Palpatine robe sewed on
Skirts: Random Darth Vader Figure and Emperor's Royal Guard
Lightsabers:Etsy seller
Lightsaber blades: Random Vader and Mace Windu

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2022, 01:04:40 PM »
Together again after 10 years!