Author Topic: Vintage Collection Darth Maul upgrades [page 16]  (Read 50956 times)

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
Captain Rex
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 12:43:52 PM »
Let me start off by saying, I am a Star Wars "purest". The prequels are crap, and the Clone Wars are an embarrassment. I do collect some Clone Wars figures, because I think they do look cool--but don't fit in to the Star Wars universe.

The newest version of Rex...phase 3.4.5.8.1, or whatever phases these things are up to these days--has one of the coolest helmets I've seen in the line. And of course, Hasbro dropped the ball again (much like CW Boss), so it was up to me to fix it.

I'm pretty sure you guys can guess the parts used..

« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 06:19:28 PM by DaBooma »

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
Re: Horrible Bosses
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »
I was inspired by one of the users here. Apologies, I'm unsure who originally created this recipe , but I felt I needed one of my own. Its pretty much what I imagined the clones might have looked like, during the Clone Wars. The clones were cold, machine like humans...almost like a Cylon, they didn't have names, or different hair cuts, or personalities...or even Power Ranger color coordinated. They were living, breathing weapons.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 06:22:25 PM by DaBooma »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2012, 03:39:47 PM »
That helmet recipe either came from Scott (Psyclones Customs) or Clint (Clonehead) as this was an AT-AT Driver head with a vizor attached. I must admit that I do have the original one Psyclone created and I need to see how many I have from Clint. I do agree, it is an awesome concept and is a nice missing link between clones and stormies and what not.

That being said you other creations are just spot on and you have improved both Boss and Rex. look for the update on the fp soon (no later than tomorrow am) as I love the fixes you have shown. I like the pictures showing disgust with the awful parts too. spot on.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »
WOW!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 05:32:21 PM »
This latest set of clones is badass.  I was so disappointed at the new TCW Boss I immediately put him up for trade.  NOT COOL HASBRO! 

The Rex looks neat and the "cloneCylon" is a really neat piece.  Although...your comment about "Power Ranger color coordination" has got me thinkin' about a team of clones who yell "IT'S MORPHIN' TIME" and whip out some cellphone-ish device and their vehicles (BARC speeder, LAAT-i, whathaveyou) transform and combine into a giant robot that they then use to kick Seperatist butt!  YEAH!  Do that series next.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 01:41:42 PM »
I was inspired by one of the users here. Apologies, I'm unsure who originally created this recipe , but I felt I needed one of my own. Its pretty much what I imagined the clones might have looked like, during the Clone Wars. The clones were cold, machine like humans...almost like a Cylon, they didn't have names, or different hair cuts, or personalities...or even Power Ranger color coordinated. They were living, breathing weapons.

That's exactly what I remember thinking when my view of SW was developing as a young kid.  Cold, calculating troopers fighting against armored Jedi (not the lame robed ones we got in the prequels).  I was always a bit disappointed with what we got in the prequels based mostly on what my imagination had already conjured up when I was younger.  Sometimes knowing more is actually amounts to less...

By the way, nice idea in switching out the EVO trooper legs on the CW Boss; I'm stealing that idea... ;)

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
Rescue Mission Captain America
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »
I really, really wanted to love this movie. But when I saw that they made the movie more like Sky Captain and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen -- with super hi-tech weapons, cars, and planes -- I was pretty disappointed. I'm glad they didn't have Captain America fighting Alien Nazis like they did with Ultimate Avengers...that would have really killed it for me.

One thing that I did absolutely love, was the Rescue Mission uniform. I would have loved to seen more of it, and Capt. American kicking Nazi **** in it. Oh well.

Bummed Hasbro hasn't made one, I decided to make my own. Not screen accurate (I used the fodder I already had), but I'm pretty happy how he turned out.

I also thought it would be fun to have Bucky more soldier like..I dunno, maybe this is what he could have looked like if they decided to give him a costume.

Comments and critiques always welcome!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 06:25:32 PM by DaBooma »

Offline Sector_15

• Lieutenant
Re: Rescue Mission Captain America
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2012, 01:02:48 AM »
Don't agree in the slightest with you about the movie but the custom is very cool nice one.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2012, 03:59:45 AM »
Good ol' Cap is my 2nd favorite super hero (behind Spiderman) and you did an excellent job bringing the right 'look' to him here. The paint apps were well chosen, right down to the brown/tan on his jacket.  Perfect.

My only recommendation would be to apply a wash or two to darken the paints a little.  However, that's just my preference (I like the gritty look for my custom figs) and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your work here.  

Really an excellent job here!  Very, very nice fig!

I also thought it would be fun to have Bucky more soldier like..I dunno, maybe this is what he could have looked like if they decided to give him a costume.

Yeah, they overlooked this character a bit in the outfit area, but we'll get a better look at him in the sequel!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:04:01 AM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2012, 06:56:00 AM »
Looks so AWESOME! :D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2012, 08:24:23 AM »
Very cool for sure!  I love Marvel customs, there's so much potential out there that has gone untapped, it's like exploring space; you never know what's going to hit next!  On the front page...

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2012, 08:49:17 AM »
That is a great figure, but...I have to say I might disagree about the movie. I thought Captain America was awesome. But, we all have the right to our opinions.

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2012, 01:24:20 AM »
Good ol' Cap is my 2nd favorite super hero (behind Spiderman) and you did an excellent job bringing the right 'look' to him here. The paint apps were well chosen, right down to the brown/tan on his jacket.  Perfect.

My only recommendation would be to apply a wash or two to darken the paints a little.  However, that's just my preference (I like the gritty look for my custom figs) and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your work here.  

Really an excellent job here!  Very, very nice fig!

Yeah, they overlooked this character a bit in the outfit area, but we'll get a better look at him in the sequel!
I absolutely love the parts you employed in this custom! Beautiful, flawless choices; however,I agree with jedimerc. A bit of a wash could REALLY make this a stunning piece of art.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2012, 04:39:31 AM »
Awesome. Pat beat me to the front page too!

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
Custom Metal Gear Online Player
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2012, 07:39:48 PM »
One of my absolute favorite multi-player games is Metal Gear Online. I was hooked on it, up until the servers shutdown, several months ago. I decided to make a figure in homage to my online player. This is the first time I attempted painting camo, as-well-as the first time I used Model Master Acrylic paints....which I'm hooked on using from now on.

I used to change up her gear pretty regularly, but always loved the tiger stripe and face camo, which is why the below refernce pic of my character is a bit different than the figure I made of her.

Let me know what you think!