Author Topic: Clonehead's resin parts for sale list  (Read 214511 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's resin parts for sale list
« Reply #1110 on: May 08, 2013, 04:24:27 PM »
Check this out, Jay.
I got to thinking about this when I read jay's report of getting a partial sideshow cody in an ebay deal. There are a lot of sellers who sell sideshow 1/6th parts and people who are getting these parts to assemble into a clone trooper of some kind. These would also work for someone who wanted to customize a hasbro clone trooper or jango/boba fett figure.

Presenting my first ever 1/6th scale part for 12 inch figures
The sideshow Commander Cody head. I posed this one on my 1/6th neyo body for a couple of shots.
This one would be fun to paint up and possibly to sculpt on.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #1111 on: May 08, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »
That looks stunning !  Me want!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline TheIRISH Rogue

• TheIRISH Rogue
  • Lieutenant
  • "Lost a planet Obi Wan has..how embarrasing."
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #1112 on: May 08, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »
Simply incredible! I'd say that's a successful epiphany
Writer of all things this in that.
Commissioner of art: Figures, Art, 1/6th Scale.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9061.30  <-- What's that? Oh cool, stories! ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1113 on: May 09, 2013, 06:28:20 AM »
OH wow. How did you get it to cast that well!

Need to go add this to the story I just put up on your Cody.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1114 on: May 09, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »
OH wow. How did you get it to cast that well!

Need to go add this to the story I just put up on your Cody.
must have got my mixes right. That head has 3 different pots of resin in him, one over the other. 1 or 2 drops in either direction while mixing would have resulted in color variations in the layers.
Got pics of 5 new female heads to show and of Jay's cw c3po if I can get the bugger to turn out and then another mold curing after that with 4 additional parts.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1115 on: May 09, 2013, 03:24:16 PM »
And here are the pics of the 5 females. "thanks to WB for making masters available for 4 of these"

POTF2 Mara Jade
 Mrs Coulter Golden Compass
Short Haired Scarlett
Curly Haired Bultar Swan
Avengers 4 pack Black Widow

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1116 on: May 10, 2013, 07:11:03 AM »
the stormshadow bow here is the last of Tom's parts that I wanted to produce. Thanks, tom, for letting me borrow those masters. Be careful with that bow string. She is a delicate piece.

Next up is the three pack firefly dynamite pack. Yep, the peg holes are still in the back

And why make the dynamite packs if I wasn't going to try this piece, the three pack firefly harness? The first pull on this one turned out like crap so I changed up pouring techniques a bit and pulled out this one on the second try. It wasn't perfect and needed some patching and a lot of flash clean up but It turned out a lot better than I had hoped. Turns out that the Microwave does work good for heating the resin that is set up to render it flexible until it cools. I used that technique to fit the harness to this partial zombie viper body. Knowing that will make things easier for me in the future.

this bottom shot is a teaser of the last two new pieces for me to show. they still need a little clean up but I am out of time and need to get ready to go to the lake.
She hulk and Rogue. I have the rogue head bandanna but I knocked it off this one when I was cleaning.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:39:06 PM by Clonehead »

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #1117 on: May 11, 2013, 09:01:09 AM »
Clint, the bow looks fantastic. Now we can all properly equip our ninjas and samurai.

Offline Baggsy

• Cadet
« Reply #1118 on: May 12, 2013, 05:43:39 PM »
Thanks for the reply clint, I've seen the resin missiles on ebay, they're pretty much perfect and exactly what I'm looking for.   Is there a certain type of paint that adheres well to the resin casts?  Would you be able to throw in an extra BFM missile on that order?  If that works for you let me know and I'll pay for the order via pay pal and provide my shipping address.

Thanks again.

DB   

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1119 on: May 13, 2013, 03:10:07 AM »
Thanks for the reply clint, I've seen the resin missiles on ebay, they're pretty much perfect and exactly what I'm looking for.   Is there a certain type of paint that adheres well to the resin casts?  Would you be able to throw in an extra BFM missile on that order?  If that works for you let me know and I'll pay for the order via pay pal and provide my shipping address.

Thanks again.

DB   
acrylic model paint works well.
I have been using stuff from Vallejo lately that I find in hobby lobby. I have been using their Matt varnish as a primer coat, putting two layers of color on that, and sealing with another coat of the varnish. Testors, model master, Polly scale, and citadel are all good brands to use.

Sure, I will throw in another BMF missile.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1120 on: May 13, 2013, 05:10:12 AM »
WOW! Some very difficult pieces to cast Clint! They all look awesome! I know that bow and firefly gear was quite a chore!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1121 on: May 13, 2013, 04:52:09 PM »
That microwave trick sounds pretty cool. Nice casts Clint. Wow that bow is awesome.

Offline IMPURGE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1122 on: May 17, 2013, 09:46:23 AM »
omg i need the dynamite packs
and any update to that Rex minigun

if u have both of those to up to ur standards, i remember u saying something about problems casting the minigun, i'd love to place another order.
lmk

Offline dobiwan

• Ensign
« Reply #1123 on: May 19, 2013, 10:28:34 AM »
Clint you knocked it outta the park w/ the she hulk & rogue casts.....these look extremely hard to cast but you find a way. Will they be on the for sale list any time soon?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1124 on: May 19, 2013, 07:24:20 PM »
omg i need the dynamite packs
and any update to that Rex minigun

if u have both of those to up to ur standards, i remember u saying something about problems casting the minigun, i'd love to place another order.
lmk
havent got to even trouble shoot that one. 4 or 5 in a row and my reservations would probably dussapeare. The dynamite packs turn out well though.

Clint you knocked it outta the park w/ the she hulk & rogue casts.....these look extremely hard to cast but you find a way. Will they be on the for sale list any time soon?

more than likely. Haven't troubleshot those either. Been busy with yard work and am supposed to start a new job tomorrow.