Author Topic: Clonehead's resin parts for sale list  (Read 214404 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's resin parts for sale list
« Reply #930 on: January 11, 2013, 03:39:45 PM »
That doesn't look like Sigel's hairdo.  Clint, can you post a close-up pic of just the head with more face detail?  One of the male Imperial Knights has a ponytail...

You are right on that, Doc. I got lined out on that a couple of days ago.

So no takers on the pile of scrap parts from a couple of days ago? Not even for 1 round cantina bar section?

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #931 on: January 11, 2013, 05:23:35 PM »
Well, one of these days, I'm gonna try molding and casting my bar pieces... Go figure, right?   8)

It occurred to me last week that in 2012 I made precisely 2 custom figures, neither of which are in my collection now.  But BOY have I done some molding & casting and working up detail/diorama parts!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #932 on: January 11, 2013, 05:42:52 PM »
I had looked at that and determined that while possible,it would be a pain in the butt. Kind of like alot of this stuff, eh, doc?
Have you passed your first 100 available castings yet? Are you still comfortably recognizing what molds cast what parts just by looking at them? I was able to do that for the longest time and then spent some time away from it and when I came back, I was at a complete loss.
I didn't do one custom figure in 2012. that is just pitiful.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #933 on: January 11, 2013, 06:30:20 PM »
Kind of like alot of this stuff

Ain't THAT the truth!  Yeah, up until recently, I still recognized the different molds.  But ... I changed how I set things up a bit and started losing track of certain molds.  So, since I *also* need to take pics of everything in order to list them all, I've started separating and cataloging everything, even putting the "photo-cast" with the mold for easier reference.  Gotta love jewelry-crafting ziplock baggies!!)  As for hitting 100... I honestly don't know.  Probably so.  I just got 13 new heads this week - a loan from a fellow customizer in exchange for casts.  So, I'd say I have likely hit 100 and may very well have hit close to 200, altho some of them are multiples of identical molds (iconic box ftw!) and I *definitely* have molds that I *need* multiples of.  Mando Assassin talked me into molding weapons - which *definitely* has fallen into the "PITA" category!!  Multi-part molds and multi-piece models aren't quite as bad (looking at you, cantina table!), but getting there.  The holotable - gonna work on that this weekend as I work on the heads, I think - is another one with the added trick of one piece being cast clear.  WHEEE!!!  I love this hobbusiness...   8)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #934 on: January 11, 2013, 08:51:37 PM »
Yes, getting the weapons right is sometimes a bit tricky. Sometimes I make multiple molds of the same subject because the demand requires it, sometimes it is to replace a worn out mold, sometimes it is to revisit the master part and approach it a different way to try and solve problems.

I made an auction for this 17 piece male mandalorian armor set tonight starting at 99 cents on ebay to see how it goes and get some traffic moving through the store.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251212459208?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #935 on: January 12, 2013, 07:20:59 AM »
Nice. Clint you are really providing the Mandalrian Custom Kit. I just keep thinking how cool it would be to see this in hobby stores packaged up for sale. I think Disney ought to hire you.

Instead of Build a Droid at the parts we could get Build a Mandalorian.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #936 on: January 12, 2013, 08:59:15 AM »
Nice. Clint you are really providing the Mandalrian Custom Kit. I just keep thinking how cool it would be to see this in hobby stores packaged up for sale. I think Disney ought to hire you.

Instead of Build a Droid at the parts we could get Build a Mandalorian.
Now that is a hell of an idea for a pack-in for carded figures, buddy. The build a mando line with 5 packed in parts you could assemble to build your own mando. Why, there would never be a peg warmer in site, as long as the cases were all even with packed in parts.
shoot, they would be even able to talk me into buying, say, another vader, or an obi wan, or prehaps one of those elusive armored gungan gunners that I was always wanting.

Chad had suggested that a male mando set like this might work for a dollar store duke figure in our podcast last week. I may have to look into that and see how it goes.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #937 on: January 13, 2013, 10:15:59 AM »
have you thought about casting TCW 3PO's head ,as the 4-A7 is quite cheap all that would be needed to do is a bit of painting a head swap and bobs your uncle! you get a TCW  protocol droid for about $4!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #938 on: January 13, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
LOL, Bob's your uncle. Never heard that expression, Jay. good idea though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #939 on: January 14, 2013, 01:50:49 AM »
Got a request for a larger Imperial Officer hat than the Captain Needa one that I already offer so, here is the Comic Pack Lt.  jundland cap. As you can see, it is large enough to almost swallow this tac endor rebel trooper head which is a medium to small sized head.

Also, here is a set of parts that should go out to a fellow shipyarder tomorrow that was part of a trade deal.

I believe that I am ready to announce that I am willing to take orders again in a limited capacity. I have two that I am working on now that are both for trade deals. Please don't make any super large orders yet.
Oh, if you are curious, that 13 piece female mando armor set will run you $20 +shipping. "they are paying $26 for it on ebay right now"

I dont know if I am ready to start selling the 17 piece male mando parts set at this time as I would like to refine it possibly but it would run more.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #940 on: January 17, 2013, 03:59:56 PM »
I have got a shot here of an order going out to a shipyarder tomorrow. I have one more order to post pics of for another shipyarder that has been on hold for a while. That second order is a sizable one and I will only post a pic of part of it tomorrow.

Now this order contains some zombie viper containment helmets, a tvc fordo alternate helmet, two rc backpacks, hollow cw wolffe helmets "one of which has a positionable rangefinder", hollow phase 2 cw clone helmets, and hollow old republic trooper helmets, and 1 of the always favorite Ole Painless Mini Guns from the hunt for grevious battle pack. These are almost done. I just need to sand on em a bit and do a couple more things to em and they can go on to their new owner.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #941 on: January 18, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »
Here is a shot of that other order of which this is just a part of .
20 arf hollow helmets
20 phase 2 cw helmets
4 Evo trooper backpacks.

Here are two shots of yesterdays and todays order bagged up and ready to go.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #942 on: January 22, 2013, 02:37:00 AM »
You guys are going to think I'm nuts.
Look what I figured out how to do...
I can now make the parts that assemble into fully articulated zombie viper legs and feet with a working double joint at the ankle that should be able to attach to any joe figure with a double jointed knee using the stock lower knee joint peg. Some modification may be neccessary with some figures, I will have to try another one and see.

When it came time to pop this factory peg in, I just heated the resin leg on that side with a lighter and popped the peg in, the same way I got it out of the factory leg.

The knee joint is perfectly tight, the lower foot joint is the same, on this prototype, the side to side upper ankle joint could be tighter but I may just have reamed the hole out too much. I may need to get another smaller cutting bit for my dremel.

OK, lets try another figure's knee joint. I believe that this is a 25th or ROC Paraviper. Fits like a charm.

Dudes, this is so cool!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:14:03 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #943 on: January 22, 2013, 06:57:57 AM »
OH my Clint, this is brilliant! The fit is perfect and shows how workable this resin is when heated up. For the foot you just dabbed a spot of glue on the peg and held the foot closed right?

Offline lastgunslinger1999

• Cadet
« Reply #944 on: January 22, 2013, 08:32:48 AM »
Clint, I just attached the zombie arms and heads to a couple of Duke 'Joe' figures. They worked perfectley!  Well done my friend!
I'm no artist, but they are turning out well, with the ' civilian style' paint job it put on them.
Keep on keepin on.