Author Topic: Vintage Cockpit Cover needed  (Read 6440 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Vintage Cockpit Cover needed
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 08:10:26 AM »
Ok, the chin guns and bulb cover are nowing coming too. I think I have this one pretty much done. The only thing I am not sure about is the trooper door.  It is costing me about 30 bucks in replacement parts, but for a total of around 40 bucks, that is not a bad price for a vintage at-at.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 03:28:46 PM »
Ok, the chin guns and bulb cover are nowing coming too. I think I have this one pretty much done. The only thing I am not sure about is the trooper door.  It is costing me about 30 bucks in replacement parts, but for a total of around 40 bucks, that is not a bad price for a vintage at-at.
  Boy, there is no stopping Tamer when he gets his mind set on something. Especially when it involves a walker.
That's not a bad price, buddy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 04:57:02 PM »
I was pretty patient on our gun we needed and walker, vintage parts that is, are fairly common on the bay which can lead to some decent shopping. The cockpit cover was from overseas, but it was lower than your casting price!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »
I was pretty patient on our gun we needed and walker, vintage parts that is, are fairly common on the bay which can lead to some decent shopping. The cockpit cover was from overseas, but it was lower than your casting price!
I couldn't help the casting costs on that one. The mold material is kind of pricey. It would be nice to have that mold to sell repro parts but I'll bet that it would be trickey to work with.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 05:12:50 PM »
I couldn't help the casting costs on that one. The mold material is kind of pricey. It would be nice to have that mold to sell repro parts but I'll bet that it would be trickey to work with.

I am telling you, if you could make a mold of that one, it would pay for itself in no time on the bay. That is a common part you see missing on many vintage walkers that are not complete and you just can't find any. I was lucky finding one internationally.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 09:34:19 AM »
agreed, I need that same part, :(