Author Topic: WTB: Custom Painted R2-A5 3.75" Figure  (Read 4919 times)

Offline Dubis7

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
WTB: Custom Painted R2-A5 3.75" Figure
« on: August 30, 2021, 08:08:45 AM »
Hi all,

I'm looking to commission a custom repaint of the 2005 R4-G9 figure (or any that uses the same mold for that matter) to make a screen-accurate R2-A5. I'm not a fan of the mold used to make the Entertainment Earth version, and I'd love to have a figure that includes the paint details they missed.

This is the mold I'm looking to use for a base: https://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=1558. I'm also attaching a few reference photos.

Is anyone available to take this on? I'd love to hear from you if so!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: WTB: Custom Painted R2-A5 3.75" Figure
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 07:19:21 AM »
That's a great idea! I just took a closer look at the version from EntertainmentEarth and I agree with you, that it looks different. The mold from 2005's R4-G9 might indeed be better to use.

Have you already gotten an extra droid for your custom? R4-G9 has become harder too find here in Germany, but it's not too bad. I recently got a droid collection and I got some doubles - especially R2-units (like everyone else does apparently). lol

Have you already asked folks on Facebook as well? There are groups for everything and I remember Rasputin37/Wraithnine from back in the days (2008). He was also member here, made some YouTube videos and is an Astromech expert located in the United Kingdom.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 07:27:18 AM by Darth More »

Offline Dubis7

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: WTB: Custom Painted R2-A5 3.75" Figure
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 09:04:56 PM »
They're still a breeze to get here in the states, plus I've got a few spares that I could pull from if necessary.

Sounds like I'll need to get a Facebook haha. There's plenty of customizers but it's hard to find someone who takes commissions.

Thanks!