Author Topic: Boryla Sector on display  (Read 16737 times)

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
Re: Boryla Sector on display
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2010, 07:35:47 PM »
Nice!
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2010, 08:36:02 AM »
I'm loving those walls, might need to visit this hirst thing.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2010, 07:19:52 PM »
I've been thinking about my wall-blocks casting all week!  Missing it pretty bad right now - been almost SEVEN WEEKS.  I want to get some walls finished and "Star Wars'd" up for a better effect.  Got my eye set on some new molds, too.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2010, 11:38:45 PM »
Doc I have to say that the pics I've seen are awesome and the different materials you are using is great, I'm really looking forward to seeingmore from you.

Ron

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2010, 04:29:45 AM »
Thanks, Ron!  I'm looking forward to getting home - almost 8 weeks, now! - and getting back into several of my projects.  And I just keep adding projects to the list...

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2012, 09:22:07 PM »
Well, here's what I've been working on the last few weekends.  Trying to finish up my side of a couple of trade-deals.  I've been trying to cast the sonic mines from the Crimson HISS tank, but those li'l nubs are eluding me.  I'd have a go at the pressure pot, but this resin sets too quickly.

I also molded and cast the clear insert from the Commander Yularen holo-table.  In clear.  Very nice part.  I now have the pedestal leg and the holo-surface molded.  The two shell-pieces of the tabletop are next and aren't gonna be all that easy.  Wile I was working with the clear, I used it on some of my cantina glasses.  It's a bit pliable on pieces that small, but not bad.  Might work for things like X-wing pilot helmets, Hoth helmets, and loose goggles.  We'll see.  Eventually.

So, here's the pic.  The Quin-jet and protocol droid are in there for scale and the Finger & Toe towers just because they look cool.  On the left are several smaller munitions crates cast from a master found in the Mega-Bloks HALO line.  There is a removable lid for them, but I haven't molded it yet.  The small cylinders at the feet of the droid are a couple of different containers I cast from parts I've found around the house.  To the right of those are three ammo cans with removable lids from a master sent to me by ... Psyclone.  To the droid's rear and left is a stack of crates molded from a master loaned to me by Sprywalker.  Behind them, between the two towers, are a pair of Hoth gun-tower boxes, cast from a master loaned by Spookymufu.  Piled in front of the tower on the right are the "iconic boxes" that I designed and built myself, based on screenshots provided by Spooky.  Finally, in front of them are boxes cast from a GI Joe ammo can found with Rock-n-Roll, Iron Grenadier, and I think POC Roadblock.

The pic is rough, I left my good camera at work and had to use my cell-phone.  But as you can see, I'm building up quite a little shipping hub.  Gotta keep those binary load-lifters busy!

Spookymufu

« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2012, 09:01:03 AM »
oooooooooooo!
I see a few things I want!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2012, 06:35:29 PM »
Doc the casts look great and would be amazing on any dio.

Ron

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »
Thanks, guys!  My wife is ... gently encouraging me to get more proactive in displaying and selling my casts.  So, yeah, um... watch for that to actually start happening fairly soon!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2012, 03:56:14 AM »
That's a good looking hoard there, Doc.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2012, 08:33:04 AM »
Lookin good Doc. On the fp,.

Offline IMPURGE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
yes yes yes
beautiful Doc that's exactly the kinda stuff i been looking for can't wait till u start selling
any chance of getting the gear from the 2 figures in the links below?

http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC010r2d2.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc038vader.asp

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2012, 01:15:37 PM »
Great cast's Doc! ;D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2012, 02:10:22 PM »
yes yes yes
beautiful Doc that's exactly the kinda stuff i been looking for can't wait till u start selling
any chance of getting the gear from the 2 figures in the links below?

http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC010r2d2.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc038vader.asp

I got the gear to that r2 be glad to lend them out to make copies

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2012, 04:20:40 AM »
R2:
That toolkit is already molded and turns out a great piece - lid mates up well to case.  I have a mold for the box, but it doesn't work nearly as well as I would like.  It's on the list for remolding.  The survival lamp is actually on the list for molding this weekend.  I originally cast it as a single piece, but I've discovered it can be separated into two pieces and I'll cast it as such.

Vader:
Got molds of the two boxes - one turns out good pieces,the larger one tends to trap air bubbles in those fins.  The small square piece...not working out like I'd like, but I have it molded.

They will all be available in the store, once I get it going.  (I can see where *my* upcoming weekends are going to go!!!)   ;D