Author Topic: Northwest Indiana Finds  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Northwest Indiana Finds
« on: March 01, 2012, 10:45:48 AM »
Weird, I thought I had a thread for this area already.

Actually went out to look for some toys today.  Haven't gone out specifically to look for toys in quite some time.  And once again, I was disappointed.  Can't be sure if the area scalpers got in first, or just bad luck.  Both are very high likelihoods. 

At Toys R Us, they had ALL of the Deleted Scenes TVC figures!  However, every single one had severely bent cards.  What makes me suspicious is the fact that the bends were all extreme, and all different.  I could see if they all had a bent corner in the same spot, indicating that the case had been dropped, but that was definitely not the case.  It was like looking at snowflakes.  I may have actually bought 2 of them if the cards were nicer.

I was actually on the hunt for the new Avengers movie figures, specifically for the comic book "Ultimates" Hawkeye.  I found the "Ultimates" Thor at Target, but no Hawkeye.  Target also had one single Marvel Legend, Extremis Iron Man (Dark blue), but none of the good ones.  I was also hoping to find the Adam Warlock/Thanos comic pack, but came up empty on that as well. 

Bottom line: Came home empty handed.  Oh well.

Offline rex smoke

• A Droid's Worst Nightmare
  • Commander
Re: Northwest Indiana Finds
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »
Yeah you probably know as well as I do that NW Indiana and SW Michigan is certainly not the best if not close to the worst s far as distribution. Where are you in the state? You know where south bend is?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 10:03:25 AM »
Rex, I'm about an hour and a half West of South Bend, near Gary (best way to describe the area, sadly).  It's gotten to the point that I really don't even try anymore.  For one thing, distribution has been so terrible that it's not worth the time or gas.  For another, the crap that Hasbro has been putting out, all the while increasing prices, just isn't worth it to me anymore.

Offline rex smoke

• A Droid's Worst Nightmare
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 05:16:14 PM »
Rex, I'm about an hour and a half West of South Bend, near Gary (best way to describe the area, sadly).  It's gotten to the point that I really don't even try anymore.  For one thing, distribution has been so terrible that it's not worth the time or gas.  For another, the crap that Hasbro has been putting out, all the while increasing prices, just isn't worth it to me anymore.
Ok, I know where that is. I am right above the border in a little town next to Niles called Buchanan. Ya you're right about the distribution. This area is horrible. I only stop at places when they're on the way to somewhere I'm going.