Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Movies

One HUGE error in Episode 1

(1/3) > >>

hangarbay94:
While watching Episode 1 in the cinema yesterday I noticed a HUGE error in the story and was wondering if anyone else had spotted it...

When Anakin is introduced to the Jedi Council the following remarks are made:

"The chosen one will bring balance to the force"

"The Sith have not been seen or heard of for over a Millennia"  

So, if the Sith have been extinct, then only the Jedi have been in existence (good guys), therefore if the chosen One is supposed to bring balance to the Force doesn't that mean that he will bring back the Sith (bad guys). Ying and Yang?

Also they mentioned that Anakin was too old to begin his training... that meant that the Jedi are taking kids younger than 6 away from their parents! That is seriously wrong! I don't care how many midiclorieds my kids have, I wouldn't let some Jedi take them away when they are only babies! what parent would?

I know that this is sci-fi / fantasy but there should be consistency and a level of common sense. At least with OT you know where you are, I can even cope with the Ewoks (though Storm-troopers being knocked out with stones was a bit far)...

I am still a fan but Oh how I wish Lucas would have released a sequel rather than a prequel...  

Tamer:
Amen Jules. I would have much rather had sequels too. This whole prequel thing he started irritates me sometimes. Still, I guess some folks like the prequels better than the originals. Think its cause were old? :D

hangarbay94:
And wise! ;D

Tamer:

--- Quote from: hangarbay94 on February 27, 2012, 08:35:16 AM ---And wise! ;D

--- End quote ---

LOL! Yeah that too!

ActionFigEmpire:
Believe the millennia line is uttered by Ki-Adi Mundi. I think they had that on the ComTech chips. Anyway, I don't know about the exact dates between the republic and old republic and whether or not there had been any contact with the Sith/Dark siders, but certainly before Episode 1 there had been, if the EU novels/comics can be used as source material.

I think the balance they may be referring to, is not directly the rise of the sith, but perhaps the evening of the numbers of Jedi and Sith. Because of Anakin's training and the events that ensue because of it the Jedi also eventually become an order of 2. Obi-Wan and Luke--master and padawan, and The Emperor and Vader. Later Yoda and Luke, but it's 2 on 2 eventually because of Anakin. Interesting thoughts, who knows who's right. Besides that would imply there was a prophecy about "the chosen one" which seems hokey even for Jedi. They're supposed to be selfless servants of good, yet they're putting the fate of the galaxy into the hands of one whiny brat? How could he NOT mess up lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version