Author Topic: 2012 Marvel Universe and Legends  (Read 9574 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
2012 Marvel Universe and Legends
« on: February 14, 2012, 04:01:59 PM »
MARVEL UNIVERSE 2012 PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS

MARVEL LEGENDS 6-Inch Action Figure Assortment
(Approximate Retail Price: $14.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Spring 2012)
The fan-favorite, highly requested action figure line is returning in 2012! Each 6-inch MARVEL LEGENDS figure depicts a classic or modern favorite character from MARVEL COMICS, and features detailed sculpting and unparalleled articulation. Plus, six of the figures in each of the first two waves come with a BUILD-A-FIGURE piece – to build a special character! Each figure sold separately.

MARVEL UNIVERSE 3.75-Inch Action Figure Assortment
(Approximate Retail Price: $8.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: Spring 2012)
The MARVEL UNIVERSE 3.75-Inch Action Figure line is where you can find exceptional articulation, poseability, and spot-on design across an astonishing range of MARVEL COMICS heroes and villains. This year’s lineup of great classic characters from the MARVEL COMICS universe features heroes and villains from various teams like THE AVENGERS, THE INHUMANS and ALPHA FLIGHT. Fans can update their collections with the latest and greatest from Hasbro! Each figure sold separately.

MARVEL UNIVERSE 3.75-Inch Team Pack Assortment
(Approximate Retail Price: $22.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: Spring 2012)
The MARVEL UNIVERSE 3.75” Team Packs assemble your favorite super-teams from the MARVEL COMICS universe. Each Team Pack includes three 3.75-inch MARVEL UNIVERSE action figures, exclusive to that pack! Assemble your team and defend the universe! Each pack sold separately.

MARVEL UNIVERSE COMIC 2-Pack Assortment
(Approximate Retail Price: $17.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: Spring 2012)
Each MARVEL UNIVERSE COMIC 2-PACK includes a reprint of an iconic MARVEL COMIC and two unique MARVEL UNIVERSE 3.75-inch action figures straight out of the comic! Each pack sold separately.

MARVEL UNIVERSE – MASTERWORKS SENTINEL With WOLVERINE
(Approximate Retail Price: $49.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: Spring 2012)
One of the biggest, baddest villains in the MARVEL UNIVERSE is back and he’s ready to take out the X-Men! THE SENTINEL figure measures a monstrous 17 inches tall and is packed with electronic features including a huge bank of battle sounds. Also includes a 3.75-inch WOLVERINE figure so that you can stage the first battle as soon as you open the box!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
Re: 2012 Marvel Universe and Legends
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 04:24:55 PM »

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 04:25:17 PM »
I'll be honest, I'm looking forward to all of these except for the "New' Spider-Man, which looks pretty much like all the rest for the most part. 

Puck and Beast can be posed/stood on their hands, which is awesome!  A nice mix of characters overall.  Not sure what is "new" about Hulk, but he does look somewhat better than the last version.  Nighthawk is pretty cool, I like characters that aren't some of the big names.

The "Shattered Dimensions" Spider-Man is really the Future Foundation Spider-Man.  I don't know why they call it the Shattered Dimensions.  Either way, I think he looks cool, and I have the Future Foundation set with Mr. Fantastic, Sue Storm, and the Thing, so that'll be nice.

The first 3 waves have me as excited as ever, and I know I saw some others in the booth pics that I'm looking forward to, such as Peter Parker as a F4 member (with paper bag on his head), and some others.

Next Up: MU Comic 2-Packs and Avengers team set...

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:14:18 PM »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »
And finally, the Marvel Legends return in 2012!  The first 2 waves feature some rather interesting and exciting characters, to be sure.  What do you think?  Are you ready to jump back aboard the Marvel Legends bandwagon?

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 10:17:21 PM »
There are a few variants and figures missing from your photos... like Madam Hydra, The Future Foundation Spidey, Dark Captain America/US Agent. As a long time collector I'm not sure how I feel about these. The last waves after Hasbro bought out Toy-Biz were not as good as the old Toy-Biz ML figures. I am excited to see Klaw tho! Also a BAF Terrax? Friggin sweet! But the most mistifying thing of all to me is the Lord Helspont they're trying to pass off as a Ghost Rider figure. Kinda cool in its own!

"For the Empire!"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 03:56:54 AM »
AFE, these are the press images that Hasbro released to us so hopefully they eventually come up with high rez images of the rest you mentioned and we will keep looking.

As far as comments about all of these I see listed, I think that Blue Flaming Ghost Rider looks absolutely brilliant. Speaking of Ghost Rider, I was saddened to see that Marvel sued the original creator of this character and comic book, but I know there are two sides to every story. At least two anyhow.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 07:33:05 PM »
Actually, they're not variants, they're running changes.  They'll start with Madame Masque and move over time to Madame Hydra, and so forth.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 08:51:05 PM »
Oh that's odd. I was used to the variant/chase figures (mostly repaints and unmasked versions) that ToyBiz did back in the day... I did post a link above with images of the other figures, tho they're clearly at ToyFare.

"For the Empire!"

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 09:10:00 AM »
Managed to get around "The Charge Of The Ebay Brigade" (scalper jerks that show up at TRU first thing in the morning) this morning and snagged an "Avengers" Cosmic Staff Loki while they were preoccupied with Hot Wheels and Marvel Legends :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:15:01 AM by The Spectre »
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline lostcauze501st

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 10:52:15 AM »
Managed to get around "The Charge Of The Ebay Brigade" (scalper jerks that show up at TRU first thing in the morning) this morning and snagged an "Avengers" Cosmic Staff Loki while they were preoccupied with Hot Wheels and Marvel Legends :)

I went out and beat the scalpers as well this morning, didn't find the Cosmic Staff Loki but picked up the Avenger's Comic series Hawkeye and the new Marvel Universe Ages of Thunder Thor   ;D

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 03:41:51 PM »
I did happen to see some of the Avengers toys today, much to my surprise, and was not very impressed off the bat.  The Captain America looked very cheap and hokey, the paint looked sloppy and the likeness was way far off.  They had a couple of Lokis, and I had the same problem with him, as well as Thor.  Much to my disdain, I saw 3 different Iron Men on the pegs under the Avengers packaging, so looks like they're already trying to kill off that line as well with an overabundance of Iron Men that no one wants.

Offline FlakBait

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 03:29:45 PM »
Went to target this morning and bought archangel, black widow, and dare devil

Offline EnigmaticOne

• But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
  • Cadet
  • Su cuy'gar ner vod
    • My Other account
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »
That image of Drax reminded me, I heard there might be a follow-up team pack for GOTG. I'm kind of looking forward to it, although there are sets shelf-warming at my local TRU.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 06:18:35 PM »
I saw some Marvel Legends today with a weird green looking spider man!