Author Topic: Zed's Favorite !:18th Figures 2011 #20-11 have arrived  (Read 6472 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Zed's Favorite !:18th Figures 2011 #'s 40-31 are up
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 06:23:24 AM »
Deathlok would be a great one also, and since he recently popped up in comics again, it's always a possibility.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
Re: Zed's Favorite !:18th Figures 2011 #'s 40-31 are up
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 07:24:40 AM »
Yeah I need to track down those issues of X-Force, yes I love Deathlok that much LOL. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
Re: Zed's Favorite !:18th Figures 2011 #20-11 have arrived
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 07:25:35 AM »

Zam's joining the crowd of Zed's Favorite figures 2011, so else made it?  Find out below:

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/fav2011/20114.html

PS thank you everyone for your kind words about this project, in both the past and the present, makes all the efforts worthwhile.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 08:00:25 AM »
Sweet, something for me to read during lunch today. Let me get that latest graphic and message on the fp.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »
Just caught up here and as always I enjoyed your run down on these figures. I always get a smile and have fun when reading your ideas/thoughts, well done!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »
USAgents colors are probably my favorite over Cap's.  I like a dark navy over a standard blue anyday, so I always thought his costume was pretty cool.

I agree, the Thor movie figures were quite a disappointment.  I only found one of the Warrior Three at retail, and passed because it looked so crappy.  It almost felt like Hasbro just did a rush job on them like they really didn't care and were only focused on the Captain America figures, which I think were much better, though highly prone to repaints!

I prefer the original Law and Order over the newer version for sure.  Maybe it was the colors, maybe it was his helmet and overall costume.

I love my Crossbones from the CA movie line.  I almost picked up the comic pack just for the Crossbones, but couldn't see spending $18 on pretty much the same figure with some different paint and accessories (or so it seemed to my cursory review of them both in package).

I always thought Lowlight looked pretty cool.  His infrared goggles really make him look like a badass!

I like the Loki, I liked your review on him, but I hate his face.  It looks just so cheesy to me.  And I couldn't swallow spending $25-$30 on the pack with the Frost Giant that I really didn't want. 

Great set once again, Zed.  Looking forward to your Top 10!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »
USAgents colors are probably my favorite over Cap's.  I like a dark navy over a standard blue anyday, so I always thought his costume was pretty cool.

Same here, I just love that costume.

I agree, the Thor movie figures were quite a disappointment.  I only found one of the Warrior Three at retail, and passed because it looked so crappy.  It almost felt like Hasbro just did a rush job on them like they really didn't care and were only focused on the Captain America figures, which I think were much better, though highly prone to repaints!

I got the Warriors, cool but not THAT cool.  Fandral was the best IMO. 

I prefer the original Law and Order over the newer version for sure.  Maybe it was the colors, maybe it was his helmet and overall costume.

I think it's the legs being so long are the arms being so skinny.  He is flawed but cool in taht he is almost all reused parts (like Crazylegs as well) which also counts for a great deal. 

I love my Crossbones from the CA movie line.  I almost picked up the comic pack just for the Crossbones, but couldn't see spending $18 on pretty much the same figure with some different paint and accessories (or so it seemed to my cursory review of them both in package).

Yep it was teh same one, not so bad since he was so hard to find, but if you did find him he was pointless. 

I always thought Lowlight looked pretty cool.  His infrared goggles really make him look like a badass!

Same here

I like the Loki, I liked your review on him, but I hate his face.  It looks just so cheesy to me.  And I couldn't swallow spending $25-$30 on the pack with the Frost Giant that I really didn't want. 

That face actually sells me on him, reminds me of the old art where he was smiling even when he was getting his rear kicked LOL.  But fitting for his station IMO. 

Great set once again, Zed.  Looking forward to your Top 10!

Some tidbits about the top ten, 6 Marvel, 4 Joes, 0 Star Wars (not really by choice there honestly). 4 come from comic packs, I from a marvel movie, 2 "technically" joe renegades,

Just caught up here and as always I enjoyed your run down on these figures. I always get a smile and have fun when reading your ideas/thoughts, well done!

Thanks, don't worry about being late, the party keeps going LOL. 

Sweet, something for me to read during lunch today. Let me get that latest graphic and message on the fp.

Dude again you're the best. 

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 07:17:09 AM »

Before we hit toyfair, recollect musings of the past year in the 1:18th scale with Zed's Favorite Figures

How did Sci-Fi rank on my favorites?   Click below to find out.  

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/fav2011/20115.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 07:50:15 AM »
I can see why you like your number one, he looks fantastic.

It is just a shame that Hasbro's distribution is so bad that perhaps your list might have been a bit different if you could have found all you wanted last year. I just hope it improves.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 08:14:46 AM »
Silver Samurai is one I still need to pick up.  I have no desire for the Wolverine, so paying $18 for one figure always halts me in my tracks, but it is one I need to troll for on eBay or something.

Sci-Fi was always a favorite of mine from the original line.  I think it was his costume and colors, but I always thought he looked too cool.  Again, missed this one at retail.

Dr. Strange was definitely a cool figure, and I'm glad I got one. I do wish his paint apps were better, but that's the norm these days, sadly.  I'm still on the hunt for the Astral Projection variant.

Airtight was another figure I had as a kid that I liked a lot.  Again, I don't know why, but he was definitely cool to me.

Taskmaster falls into the same category as Silver Samurai; I want him but I don't want to pay $18 to get him. 

I never even knew that original StormShadow figure was out.  Not that it would matter, obviously, but that is one I would have gotten for sure.

Another great Top 50, Zed!  Looking forward to what 2012 has in store for you!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 08:54:09 AM »
I can see why you like your number one, he looks fantastic.

It is just a shame that Hasbro's distribution is so bad that perhaps your list might have been a bit different if you could have found all you wanted last year. I just hope it improves.

Well I know for a fact that both Bespin Han and the new Ahsoka probably would have cracked my top ten (unless there was something very wrong), Ahsoka cracked the top 20 with her first fig and it was kind of crappy LOL.  I had hoped Blaista Shan would, but when I got here that face scuplt knocked her down too much. 

There are tons, Wonder Man, Quicksilver, ect that probably would have populated the top 30 as well. 

Silver Samurai is one I still need to pick up.  I have no desire for the Wolverine, so paying $18 for one figure always halts me in my tracks, but it is one I need to troll for on eBay or something.

The Wolvie was better than I expected, but I can see why you would avoid him.  Wolvie is overdone. 

Sci-Fi was always a favorite of mine from the original line.  I think it was his costume and colors, but I always thought he looked too cool.  Again, missed this one at retail.

I got that one online, after the Bespin Han feasco I didn't want to take any chances with these joes. 

Dr. Strange was definitely a cool figure, and I'm glad I got one. I do wish his paint apps were better, but that's the norm these days, sadly.  I'm still on the hunt for the Astral Projection variant.

Mine's eye is a bit weird, which is why I didn't get a close up, but I can live with it as I have seen worse at the stores.  But you would think Hasbro would try to do better at this point. 

Airtight was another figure I had as a kid that I liked a lot.  Again, I don't know why, but he was definitely cool to me.

I love AT, I am often shocked to hear Joe fans say they never liked him, weird to me. 

Taskmaster falls into the same category as Silver Samurai; I want him but I don't want to pay $18 to get him. 

Really, you don't want Deadpool, I am surprized to hear that (not knocking it, but DP is useually the draw of that pack).

I never even knew that original StormShadow figure was out.  Not that it would matter, obviously, but that is one I would have gotten for sure.

He was very shortpacked unfortunatly, the mold is being mostly reused in teh Retaliation line (Both with variations of Stormy and the Red Ninjas).  But it is a great mold.  I hope you guys realized that even with I give a figure a 5 star rating I hesitate to call it perfect and this one I use the term perfect without hesitation LOL

[/quote]
Another great Top 50, Zed!  Looking forward to what 2012 has in store for you!
[/quote]

Yeah I know there is a lot of "Doom and Gloom" talk on the interwebs now, with that in mind I just plan to roll with it msyelf, not appologize nor turn into a whiney fanboy, both are not worth my time. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »
I have 3 Deadpools, so I really didn't need another one.

Anymore, my list of Star Wars figures is so small, I really don't care much.  If I can't find what I'm looking for during my everyday travels, then it's just not worth it.  As for the Marvel Universe stuff, I just order sets from Big Bad Toy Store.  So much easier.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 02:41:12 PM »
I have 3 (well 4 now) but I still like that last one. 

I feel pretty much the same about SW anymore, unless it;s a new character, that I might bet uptight about.  Still if I had found Bespin Han it would have been cool. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2012, 05:12:27 PM »
Zed, I will take a look I might have an extra Bespin Han somewhere. I will pm you if I do.

I really enjoyed the reviews this year a good bit. Its not like I didn't like em the other years, but I really think you are progressing as far as integrating your opinions on the character itself along with the actual review of the AF itself. I look forward to seeing you continue this for many years to come. By the way, I think you would enjoy the high rez pics I just put up of the JOE Retaliation Figures and Vehicles. Wow.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »
Zed, I will take a look I might have an extra Bespin Han somewhere. I will pm you if I do.

I really enjoyed the reviews this year a good bit. Its not like I didn't like em the other years, but I really think you are progressing as far as integrating your opinions on the character itself along with the actual review of the AF itself. I look forward to seeing you continue this for many years to come. By the way, I think you would enjoy the high rez pics I just put up of the JOE Retaliation Figures and Vehicles. Wow.

Thanks T, been trying to "find my voice" as it were.

I have seen those, I know I really want a Rock/Roadblock and CC for certain, but my greatest hope is a Jinx in the regular like in that red dress outfit from the previews.