Author Topic: TOR Combined Sites Custom Contest  (Read 51120 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: TOR Combined Sites Custom Contest
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2012, 05:26:58 PM »
Dan, you echo many of my sentiments for how SW has added to my life too.

Your custom character sure do seem like the fit the timeline to me too. Those Jedi are just outstanding. Your other characters are nice too, such crisp paint apps. Thanks for sharing them.

I need to find that film now that I see these custom figures.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2012, 05:53:14 PM »
Well done Dan...really liking each and every one of them! :)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2012, 06:27:06 PM »
Dan I have to agree, we have all made some great friends through this hobby. It is so much fun and most of us just want to spread the love and help others when we can.

I always love seeing your work and this group is some serious inspiration. I too really like each one. They all look like great original characters! Nice work Dan!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2012, 07:11:46 PM »
Ok. Well, this has been in the works for some time now.  Even before this contest began.  These are dedicated to my family and friends from whom I have received inspiration.

The Nisan family is an old Jedi family.  They were one of the last families of the Jedi Order before reforms disallowed Jedi families and extreme detachment became part of Jedi doctrine.  Sep Nisan was not a Jedi Guardian too long when Endy Kepo achieved Knighthood.  They were assigned to work together on several missions.  Eventually, the two fell in love, married and had a baby.  Their daughter, Marianna, was strong in the Force.  Sep and Endy both became Sentinels about the time Marianna was able to travel with them as their Padawan.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
But wait there's more.  Instead of a trio of Republic Era characters, I've made a trio of trios.

A bit of a rogue, Sep Nisan was still considered a candidate for the Nisan Clan Council.  The Nisan Clan included both Force-sensitive and non-Force-sensitive members.  There was harmony in the clan regardless of the issues of the galaxy after the Treaty of Coruscant.  Sep often questioned actions of the Council as it, at times, conflicted with tenets of the Jedi Order.  He could only do what was expected of him on his missions for the Order.

Order was always a part of Endy’s life.  Organization was second nature to her as she would conduct her life and role as a Jedi with precision and attention to detail.  Few had reason to question her.  Her reputation would precede her and many situations were easily resolved when many heard Endy Nisan was on her way.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 07:17:08 PM »
And here's the last trio.  Enjoy!

Mac, as was Marianna’s nickname, grew to become a powerful Jedi.  She was given many missions that earned her the respect of her parents, the Jedi Council, and even the Sith.  On her early travels, she befriended a Twi’lek smuggler by the name of Osta’zes.  Mac wondered if Osta was Force-sensitive as well.  Osta always was in the right place to help pull Mac out of many situations. 

Decades after the attack on the Jedi Temple, the Sith still clashed with Jedi on various planets along the Republic/Imperial borders.  Many of these were led by Sith warlords.  Among them, Darth Shrotan was one of the most ruthless.  Darth Shrotan became a nemesis of the Nisan family.  He was responsible for attacks on the home planet of the Nisan clan, killing some notable Jedi.  Mac took to ridding the galaxy of Darth Shrotan but was warned by her parents to tread carefully because they felt her quest would take her to the Dark Side.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2012, 07:17:52 PM »
One last pic.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »
WOW, all are very impressive!! Well done mate!! :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2012, 07:53:00 AM »
Wow, Minstrel. What a great group. I hate to make you pick among which group you want to be your official entry. I love that Twilek.

On the front page with a contest reminder. Thank you for participating.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2012, 09:42:49 AM »
An awesome set of figs, JediMinstrel!  the storylines are great; they really tie your custom work to the characters you developed.

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2012, 03:04:47 PM »
Awesome work! The back stories really bring to life what you've created here! Good luck on the contest if you're entering!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2012, 11:30:28 PM »
Wow, Minstrel. What a great group. I hate to make you pick among which group you want to be your official entry. I love that Twilek.

On the front page with a contest reminder. Thank you for participating.

Thank you.  It may take me a couple of days to pick the three.  So far, I'd say the Twi'lek is one of them.  I'll take a pick of the final three.  Glad you like them.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2012, 05:32:34 AM »
Works for me, what I wouldn't give to see all the participants in this get together at CVI and put all of these custom figures together in some sort of diorama built for the event. Alas, little dreams there is no way to work out.

I will tell you one thing, I am really proud of how the Yarders have jumped into this one with both feet and are just producing some quality customs.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2012, 06:18:35 PM »
Tamer...

Little dreams can come true too!  I think it would be awesome if we were to one day have a custom convention. It would be amazing. Show off our customs in person. Meet each other. Share tips and tricks.  It would be great...

Always in motion the future is...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2012, 02:57:04 PM »
Mungo,

That is an awesome idea too. I think one could organize all kinds of things as far as panels and different things to share too.