Author Topic: Custom Battle Droid 00M-9  (Read 42231 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Droid in the park
« Reply #195 on: September 04, 2019, 01:34:11 PM »
I really like how that dome/head turned out!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2019, 03:10:10 AM »
Great colors on this one. Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2019, 01:01:06 PM »
I agree with FialaFernbrugg: The astromech serves well as fireplace! Such a brilliant idea! Last time I saw it I thought it was 1:1 scale. Well, at second look I recognized everything else on the workbench.
The light looks amazing in this astromech body.
Also your latest astromech looks awesome! Really like the green! So did you build it in a park?

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2019, 04:46:03 PM »
I agree with FialaFernbrugg: The astromech serves well as fireplace! Such a brilliant idea! Last time I saw it I thought it was 1:1 scale. Well, at second look I recognized everything else on the workbench.
The light looks amazing in this astromech body.
Also your latest astromech looks awesome! Really like the green! So did you build it in a park?

Yes did painting and mostly built in evening at a park until it closed, the completed pic is at our McDonalds table, staff didnt mind me building the model

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
Re: Custom Battle Droid 00M-9
« Reply #199 on: August 28, 2021, 12:53:36 PM »
I know its been a long while, figure I would post my latest custom, 00M-9 is a simple paint application, was the retro battle droid, first time using my air brush i got last Christmas. Surprised Hasbro hasn't done this character as simple as it would be for a rerelease, specially on the retro cards.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2021, 10:21:07 PM »
Great to see you back! Nice job with the air brush. How'd you find it - I'm currently looking at buying one myself for my son and I to use.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2021, 05:42:46 AM »
Hey, welcome back! Great droid.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2021, 02:35:29 PM »
I know its been a long while, figure I would post my latest custom, 00M-9 is a simple paint application, was the retro battle droid, first time using my air brush i got last Christmas. Surprised Hasbro hasn't done this character as simple as it would be for a rerelease, specially on the retro cards.

Nice! Just a tip, if you want this more transluce colors to be brighter, or darker you can base coat the 1st layer with white (to make it brighter) or black. Also helps to make a fadding effect if you want.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #203 on: August 30, 2021, 12:37:27 AM »
It was a great surprise when I saw your OOM-9 custom yesterday! Was on my way across the country so I only got to comment this morning. Still need to finish mine.

I think your OOM droid looks awesome! Great tip from BlackThorne as well. I especially like the detail on the E-5 blaster. It's mind boggling that we haven't seen any OOM units from Hasbro in more than a decade! Still keep my hopes up for a Security and Pilot which we haven't seen since 2007 and 2013.

So you write retro Droid. Do you mean the 12" figure by Hasbro? First, I thought it was the TVC one, but telling by the sculpt it's the TPM 12" one, right?

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #204 on: August 30, 2021, 09:27:37 PM »
It was a great surprise when I saw your OOM-9 custom yesterday! Was on my way across the country so I only got to comment this morning. Still need to finish mine.

I think your OOM droid looks awesome! Great tip from BlackThorne as well. I especially like the detail on the E-5 blaster. It's mind boggling that we haven't seen any OOM units from Hasbro in more than a decade! Still keep my hopes up for a Security and Pilot which we haven't seen since 2007 and 2013.

So you write retro Droid. Do you mean the 12" figure by Hasbro? First, I thought it was the TVC one, but telling by the sculpt it's the TPM 12" one, right?

No this it the Black Series 6 inch version that was packed in the retro looking Episode 1 potf packaging they released a few months ago, found this one at Best Buy.  Thank you all, i can always count on this place to make me feel good about my work. Thanks BlackThorne, i knew about the priming tip.but looking at Ep 1 stills I think this is closer to the movie

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2021, 02:17:40 AM »
Thank you, I didn't think of the TBS one anymore. I think the yellow deco looks very good on this one. I would trust Hasbro that they release the three OOM-versions in The Black Series before TVC (if at all) even though it's been a decade. But to be fair the Commander, Pilot and Security Droids will be character debuts in The Black Series and that's something I'm looking forward to.
Thanks for sharing some droid/CIS action, which I'm a big fan of!