Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Figures

Custom Battle Droid 00M-9

<< < (2/42) > >>

flaccideagle:

--- Quote from: spudafett on January 18, 2012, 12:11:49 PM ---
What you'll need to do is take your dremel and carefully hollow out the ball socket on the gi-joe head until it fits over the ball joint of the star wars neck.  Make sense?

can't wait to see this project completed.  Great job!

--- End quote ---

what the dremel master said! :)

and don't forget you can use hot glue or sticky tak to fill the new hole you drill in the head if you make it a little too big.
I use sticky tak and it helps make the joint tight but keeps full motion, plus no burned fingers.
and there's also a bit that Dremel Co. makes that is the exact same size as the GIJOE ball, so you can easily do the opposite of what you're trying to do, like drill out heads to fit the JOE size socket.

Looking great! can't wait to see it finished.  This was one of my favorite figures back in the day, and also one of my first customs (luke skywalker head on the Swoop body)

krztfr:
Thanks for the encouragement guys...

WB: I can't wait to see yours I'm diffinately stealing your ideas on Dash and Luke...

Spuda: I actually used your videos to start this project so in a way you inspired me to start....As for the dremel that helmet is this first and only time I hollowed anything out I just made sure to take it slow and check often however I don't feel comfortable hollowing it any more than that, but I figured I would have to hollow the gijoe head out also. As for the body yea its the only one closest I could find and I thought the same "tall and lanky" thanks for the tips.

krztfr:
New lower torso however I can't keep it standing up straight it wants to be at an angle, alittle work one Helmet before battery died on dremel its alittle better

krztfr:
Made this tonight to add to my Shadow of the Empire theme.....I told you WB I would steal your recipes...

spudafett:

--- Quote from: krztfr on January 18, 2012, 07:30:31 PM ---New lower torso however I can't keep it standing up straight it wants to be at an angle, alittle work one Helmet before battery died on dremel its alittle better

--- End quote ---

That is exactly the torso I was picturing!  Spot on.  It doesn't look nearly as lanky and tall now.  Idk about fixing the leaning issues though, That might be an issue with how it is fitting together.  I took my sander and sanded down the lower half on one of mine to get a more loose fitting joint and allow the movement to be a little better...

I'm glad that my tutorials helped you out!

WOW, that helmet hollowing out was your first attempt!  That's impressive!  I botched the first one I ever did!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version