Author Topic: 03/15/2024: CloneTroopr's Customs: Jaraeyla Fel (Darth Nox) <SWTOR>  (Read 143095 times)

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
Re: 2/17/14: CloneTroopr's Customs: Canderous Ordo (Knights of the Old Republic)
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2014, 10:14:07 PM »
Awesome Canderous! You really got the likeness and I really like your attention to small details! It's a shame we've never seen Hasbro do more KOTOR stuff. My only thing is that when I first saw him I thought he wasn't wearing any pants  :o haha otherwise great figures!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: 2/17/14: CloneTroopr's Customs: Canderous Ordo (Knights of the Old Republic)
« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2014, 03:55:53 AM »
Wow, great construction. Off to share.

I too think I might change the color of those pants so they don't look so close to the skin color on the arms. Otherwise, just great execution here.

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
    • CloneTroopr's Customs FaceBook Page
« Reply #227 on: February 18, 2014, 12:51:49 PM »
Awesome Canderous! You really got the likeness and I really like your attention to small details! It's a shame we've never seen Hasbro do more KOTOR stuff. My only thing is that when I first saw him I thought he wasn't wearing any pants  :o haha otherwise great figures!
Wow, great construction. Off to share.
I too think I might change the color of those pants so they don't look so close to the skin color on the arms. Otherwise, just great execution here.

Thanks guys. Your compliments really mean alot to me! I realized that everyone thinks he's not wearing pants, so I took your advice and painted it a more yellow. The pics are now updated. Let me know what you think :D

Nice work on the mix and straps. The paint on that head cast looks good as well.
Very cool
Too cool!
Love that figure you made from Winter Soldier! Great job hard sculpting that head into something new! Jaina looks perfect! Really nice work on her and I love that Lady Jaye head for her.

Thanks for all the comments guys :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:56:26 PM by CloneTroopr »

Customs Thread: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7528.0
FaceBook Page: CloneTroopr's Customs

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #228 on: February 18, 2014, 02:49:29 PM »
Awesome work man, can't wait to see the completed kotor team! I also saved Juhani for last, I'm still working on mine though. Canderous' pants color also gave me some trouble, such an odd shade to try to replicate and you did a great job with it. I have to ask, how did you pull off his blaster so well? What's it made of, I can't make it out? And the blaster really rests in his hands well, I might have to re visit this on my version.

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
« Reply #229 on: February 18, 2014, 03:39:12 PM »
Awesome work man, can't wait to see the completed kotor team! I also saved Juhani for last, I'm still working on mine though. Canderous' pants color also gave me some trouble, such an odd shade to try to replicate and you did a great job with it. I have to ask, how did you pull off his blaster so well? What's it made of, I can't make it out? And the blaster really rests in his hands well, I might have to re visit this on my version.

Thanks, man! :D It's great seeing you back on ISY, were you really busy?
You can expect pics of Juhani today, and the Kotor team today or tomorrow!
It's funny really, for the blaster. I was stuck after finishing up Canderous, cuz I had no idea how to make his repeating blaster. But then I remembered an old "GI Joe" (not really GI Joe, but those really cheap 5POA military toys that come with loads of guns) that had a chain gun. I realized the front of it looked just like Canderous' blaster, and so I cut it off, and used the remaining pieces to finish it off. Sorry I don't have pics of the original gun :\ The funny thing is is that the gun was made of this really soft plastic that retains its form but was able to be cut up really easily (like butter, really), which is why Canderous can hold it so well, since its so light.

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #230 on: February 18, 2014, 05:23:11 PM »
I think I know what kind of 'GI Joe' figures you're talking about, I've seen them at Dollar General and Dollar Tree stores before. I'll have to look around for them and pay closer attention to the accessories. And yes, I've been keeping pretty busy lately but I just completed a new batch of customs which I hope to share soon.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #231 on: February 18, 2014, 05:42:52 PM »
Yep, pants are much better. Doesn't look quite so free now.

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
Re: 2/18/14: CloneTroopr's Customs: Juhani and Canderous Ordo (KotOR)
« Reply #232 on: February 18, 2014, 07:44:05 PM »
I think I know what kind of 'GI Joe' figures you're talking about, I've seen them at Dollar General and Dollar Tree stores before. I'll have to look around for them and pay closer attention to the accessories. And yes, I've been keeping pretty busy lately but I just completed a new batch of customs which I hope to share soon.
Sounds great! let me know when you get them up.

Yep, pants are much better. Doesn't look quite so free now.
Hahaha, that's one way to put it.

As promised, here's the last crew member of the Knights of the Old Republic videogame:
Pictures of the entire crew together are coming tomorrow. Stay tuned! :D

Juhani
- honestly, I was never very fond of Juhani's character, and that's the only reason why I saved her for last...kinda sad really, but I think she wouldn't have turned out the way she did if I made her first
- as you can see from the WIP pic, I cut away all of Scarlett's hair, then took a sandpaper to her head and made her bald

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:49:50 PM by CloneTroopr »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #233 on: February 19, 2014, 01:12:38 AM »
Canderous Ordo and Juhani look great.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #234 on: February 19, 2014, 03:49:05 AM »
Nice, off to share.

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #235 on: February 19, 2014, 06:44:08 PM »
Nice work, her armor is spot on and her braid really looks great. Very impressive, she looks great!

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
« Reply #236 on: February 19, 2014, 07:13:07 PM »
Canderous Ordo and Juhani look great.
Ron
Nice, off to share.
Nice work, her armor is spot on and her braid really looks great. Very impressive, she looks great!

Thanks guys :D

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
Re: 2/19/14: CloneTroopr's Customs: KOTOR Companion Crew Members
« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2014, 07:22:17 PM »
It took a year and a half, and it's finally DONE! I never thought I'd see the day, but here are all of the KOTOR crew members, along with Malak, Bandon, and the Dark Jedi. Hope you guys like these group shots.

I also did a little update to Revan. He now has a swap-able head to match the face I had for him in KOTOR. Those who played the game should know this face. I may post more photos of this here tomorrow, but if you're really curious, there are more photos of Revan on my FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CloneTrooprs-Customs/174144516097873

Let me know which one is your favorite. :D

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:26:56 PM by CloneTroopr »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: 2/19/14: CloneTroopr's Customs: KOTOR Companion Crew Members and The Sith
« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2014, 03:11:30 AM »
You have got to be pretty pleased with these. Good thing you can make your own EU Figures as it doesn't look like Lucasfilm is gonna allow any new EU figures to be made, what a shame. Off to do one more front pager. Congrats.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: 2/19/14: CloneTroopr's Customs: KOTOR Companion Crew Members and The Sith
« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2014, 03:14:06 AM »
WOW mate these are awesome looking figures.

Ron