Author Topic: Fantasy Football Playoff Challenge 2012  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Fantasy Football Playoff Challenge 2012
« on: January 02, 2012, 11:57:53 AM »

Ok, here is where you sign up to make your picks (Hit My Entry):

http://challengegames.nfl.com/playoffchallenge/

You will hit My Entry over on the left and then pick between the players (see details below). After you select your players make sure you hit save over on the left before you go on to find the league you want to play in. Then, find the tab that says League toward the right and you can find our ISY league (see details below).

I have created a Custom Private League that you will join once you make your picks. It is called:

Imperial Shipyards' Playoff Challenge

with a password of tamer

You will create your entry and pick your players first, but once you access that you can join the league. If you can't find it, let me know as I can send email invites for those of you who can't. I would think you could even search for the league too though (just search for Imperial Shipyards' Playoff Challenge).

How to Play

Pick Your Players

Pick the NFL players who you think will perform best in their actual NFL playoff games.

You may pick a total of eight (8) players per playoff week: (1) QB; (2) RB; (2) WR; (1) TE; (1) K; and (1) D/ST.

You may select the same player multiple times assuming that his team progresses through the playoffs. The players you select for each week will accumulate fantasy points based on the Scoring System below. Also note that if you keep a player in your starting lineup for multiple weeks, you earn bonus multipliers that can help earn you even more points!

Player Selection Deadline

Be sure to make and confirm your picks prior to the kickoff of each player's game.

Scoring System

During each weekly scoring period, you will earn fantasy points based on the statistics accumulated by your chosen NFL players using the following scoring system:

Offense Statistic (QB, RB, WR, TE, K):

Fantasy Points:
Rushing or Receiving Touchdown: 6 fantasy points
Passing Touchdown: 4 fantasy points
Field Goal: 3 fantasy points
Passing, Rushing or Receiving Two-Point Conversion: 2 fantasy points
Rushing or Receiving: 1 fantasy point per 10 yards
Passing: 1 fantasy point per 25 yards
Extra Point: 1 fantasy point

Defense/Special Teams (D/ST):

Fantasy Points:
Punt Return Touchdown: 6 fantasy points
Kickoff Return Touchdown: 6 fantasy points
Fumble Return Touchdown: 6 fantasy points
Interception Return Touchdown: 6 fantasy points
Allowing 0 Points: 10 fantasy points
Allowing 2-6 Points: 7 fantasy points
Allowing 7-13 Points: 4 fantasy points
Allowing 14-17 Points: 1 fantasy point
Allowing 18-21 Points: 0 fantasy points
Allowing 22-27 Points: -1 fantasy point
Allowing 28-34 Points: -4 fantasy points
Allowing 35-45 Points: -7 fantasy points
Allowing 46+ Points: -10 fantasy points
Team Win: 5 fantasy points
Interception: 2 fantasy points
Fumble Recovery: 2 fantasy points
Blocked Punt: 2 fantasy points
Blocked Field Goal or Blocked Extra Point: 2 fantasy points
Safety: 2 fantasy points
Sack: 1 fantasy points

Scoring Notes

The fantasy points accumulated by each player during a playoff week is multiplied by the number of consecutive weeks in which the player has been on your roster.

For example: A user selects Tom Brady, NE in the Wild Card round. Brady earns 15 fantasy points in the first weekly scoring period therefore the participant is awarded 15 points for the first weekly scoring period. If NE advances to the Divisional Round and the participant selects to keep Brady on his/her roster for the second consecutive weekly scoring period, and Brady earns 20 fantasy points in his Divisional Playoff game, the participant will earn 40 points for the second consecutive weekly scoring period (20 x 2 = 40). Those 40 points will be added to the 15 points earned in the first weekly scoring period for a two-week total of 55 points (15 + 40 = 55).

In addition, a user can select Tom Brady, NE in the Wild Card round even if the New England Patriots have a bye into the Divisional Round. In this case, the user would not earn any points for the Wild Card round, but would then be eligible to earn double points in the Divisional round, since Brady was on the team's roster for two (2) weekly scoring periods.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 12:28:55 PM by Tamer »