Author Topic: Tamer's Collection (2012)  (Read 23120 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tamer's Collection (2011)
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 06:27:28 AM »
Awesome job on the bookcase/entertainment center!!  :o
Really enjoy the natural coloring to the wood...plays well with the wooden paneling and isn't too dark to make the lower shelves seem cave-like...awesome room!! :)

Thanks Botwt. It is definitely my favorite room in the house now. Seeing things so large sure does have me noticing things. I can't wait for Adywan's Re-edit of TESB.

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2012, 01:47:45 PM »
Awesome!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2012, 04:21:34 PM »
Awesome!!

Thank You. It is nice to have one inside room all to myself. I think every person in the house needs at least one room to call their very own and make it want they want within limits ofcourse. ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2012, 03:25:58 PM »
I got to add a new Custom AT-AT Driver to my shelf and did a little rearranging there this evening:

Here she is getting to know the boys. Wow, tell me the Shipyarders aren't among the best customizers on the Internet.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2012, 03:47:28 PM »
Looking good Shawn! Man that camo one Clint did is such a stand out!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2012, 06:23:30 PM »
Looking good Shawn! Man that camo one Clint did is such a stand out!

Yeah, I can't imagine how long it took to do that camo paint job on that one. I can't wait to see Clint start customizing again.

Still, I wouldn't part with any of em. They are definitely one of the favorite, if not the favorite, part of my collection.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »
She looks perfect in there with the rest of them! :)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2012, 06:46:11 AM »
Good to see she finally found her way to.your home, Shawn. Women and map reading....  :P

I hope the fellas appreciate her for her driving skills, not just her... assets...   ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2012, 07:45:54 AM »
She looks perfect in there with the rest of them! :)

I agree. It is an awesome collection of Drivers. Now I have to figure out how to get one from you!

Good to see she finally found her way to.your home, Shawn. Women and map reading....  :P

I hope the fellas appreciate her for her driving skills, not just her... assets...   ;D

The box was crushed beyond recognition, but she was very safe thanks to your excellent packaging skills Remco. She is asbolutely brilliant and fits right in with the guys. I didn't notice any face slaps this morning when I got up so I think the boys are playing nice.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 06:06:01 AM »
Well I started populating the shelves this weekend and found out I was a few shelves short of what I need to make the maximum use out of my bookcase side. I also think, once I get this done, that I will still almost have a full bookcase to display some of my SW Items. I have my BMF Falcon up there now (will post a new pic this evening of where I am at) and a few SW items I will be sending off (ISY Contest Prize). My bookcase issue is my shelves are very deep and would take double the number of books, but that would mean covering up the set that was on the inside. I am inverting the books a bit to avert that issue now, but can forsee me adding to my book collection. I sure do wish the book companies would go to standard sizes with book dimensions. My pictures will make this a bit clearer and hopefully you folks can give me your suggestions. Still, the great things is that I now have all my books in one place, pretty much organized and alphabetized. I don't know how I acquired so many, but I think its pretty impressive.

I also found out that glass door hinges need to have the pivot hole drilled before you assemble the final face frame. I actually had to tear the front facing boards off the entertainment center side this weekend so I could drill the 9mm holes straight. The drill's chuck was too wide to let you get close enough to drill where you needed so I learned a hard lesson. Thankfully it all went back together well and I was even able to find a nail hole filler (min wax) that works after you finish wood and is smoothed out with a wet towel. I also have the glass dimensions I need so I will get that ordered today and might just be able to wrap up this entire project (sans figuring out what to place where) in a week or so.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2012, 04:18:13 PM »
Well here are a few images that I promised earlier today. Now before anyone states the obvious I do have plans to get at least one walker or something in there, but that Falcon was just such a nice fit I didn't have the heart to take it down yet. It has been sitting on the floor down here in one place or another since I bought it.

Here are some closer shots of the two bookcase units and the last one shows my issue on the left with needing one more shelf and how to arrange books on such a wide shelf. I am definitely open to suggestions and am trying to balance what looks good with the most practial use of the space an no doubt one day I can see me using up what little SW Display area I have left with books on this. Any suggestions are welcome. I also plan on using the behind the glass doors for some GG Busts and what not. Gold Leader 1 has me wanting to bust out my AF Collection too.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2012, 07:19:48 PM »
That is looking great Shawn! I was going to suggest that you lay some books down in front of ones that are stood up but I see you are doing that. Ah the problems of not having enough space for all of our toys! That Falcon does look like it has found the perfect spot! Loving that natural finish on everything.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2012, 11:25:30 PM »
man,thats is a great setup altho i disagree about the Falcon i think the best place for it is at home with me  ;)  lol
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2012, 11:54:57 PM »
man,thats is a great setup altho i disagree about the Falcon i think the best place for it is at home with me  ;)  lol

I think I agree with Jay, lol. 

Looking great, Shawn.  Wow, that's quite the number of books; doesn't your local library stock SW novels that well?
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2012, 04:46:25 AM »
Loving that natural finish on everything.

Thanks L.E., I do like the natural wood finish as is probably pretty evident. The books are bugging me so I am probably going to get that last shelf in and then start double stacking as there is enough width to do that.

Thanks Jay, Sometimes having that Falcon and not having a set home for it bugs me, but hands down its probably the best vehicle Hasbro has ever built barring the larger Walker. If you don't own one yet I highly recommend it. I plan on getting one loose and doing a Hoth Hangar Dio for it one day.

Looking great, Shawn.  Wow, that's quite the number of books; doesn't your local library stock SW novels that well?

I live in a very rural area and am even lucky to find any sci-fi books let alone SW. They just don't have the buying power although I have gotten the local librarian to buy a few I think other folks would like. I know hands down my sci-fi section already beats probably all of the local libraries within an hour's drive from me. Sad, but some folks just don't like sci-fi like us.