Author Topic: CUSTOM SMUGGLER CONTEST - THREAD NOW CLOSED - ENTRIES TO BE IN BY THE 17TH..  (Read 26882 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: December - January 2012 CUSTOM SMUGGLER CONTEST
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2012, 08:28:24 PM »
Hi All

Guys always appreciate the feedback thank you.

ActionFigEmpire - I was thinking more in the way of a lollie pop (what are you looking at pussy cat)

darthdaddy - Yeah I only noticed that I used the same jacket while I was posting my figures, have to admit thou no matter what species you use the jacket on it looks great.

Luke Sprywalker - I was very hesitant on using the tissue paper but it turned out way better the I thought and it gives it a more cloth feel to it as well.

hangarbay94 - Here is what I do to get the mottled affect mate.

1: give the area's the desired colour and let dry for about an hour before starting again.

2: Give the area's a very light wash of watered down Matt Black and again let dry.

3: Drybrush the area's with Gun Metal, but when doing it flick the brush as you go don't just drybrush back and forth as you would usually do.

4: Drybrush the area's now with silver I use GW Mithril silver as it gives a better affect and let dry for roughly 1/2 hour.

5: Again give the area's a wash of watered down Matt Black but this just over the exposed and raised area's.

6: And lastly get and old crappy brush that the bristles are all over the place I use a Delta series 965 which I've had for years. Now get your brush and mix 2 a two part of Mithril Silver and Gun metal and it has to be 50/50 and remove all teh paint liek you are going to drybrush and in stead of drybrushig just ever so lightly dab the area's you want it to look like mottled metal.

When it all dries give the figure/s or vehicle a spray of Dull coate to seal everything in, but when spraying stay back a good 30cm and give the figure/s or vehicle just a light spray or the dull coate will be to much and bland all or hard hard together.

Ron

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:50:15 PM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2012, 09:18:05 AM »
Very nice Ron, on the front page.

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2012, 09:35:23 AM »
AWESOME stuff guys.  I just moved to Europe last month and had to leave behind all my tools, parts, and supplies :(  so I won't be able to do an entry... but keep killin' it like this and I'll spend too much time drooling over the pictures!! ;)

Just great!!!!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »
This is my entry, I am in the "Over 16 category"

Myllo Xyllo and his first mate Byn Kasz.  They are smugglers during the Imperial era, piloting a heavily modded YT-1300 freighter named Bird of Prey.  Unlike the more famous Millenium Falcon, the Bird Of Prey's mods focus more on firepower than speed.  That's not to say she isn't fast, she is...but she can fight her way out of whatever she can't run from, packing seriously heavy firepower and capital-ship level shields.

Here we find the pair searching for an artifact they found left in the main cargo hold on iBay, the galaxy's foremost online search-and-bid site.  Byn Kasz is the big one, your typical "gentle giant".  Although he weilds a pair of heavy concussion rifles with shocking proficiency, he prefers to tinker with junk droids.  Unbeknownst to him, his affinity to mechanical apparati is actually a form of the Force power known as mechu-deru.  He has shown no other apptitude to any other Force powers, indeed, he doesn't even know he is Force sensitive...believing himself to merely be "good with droids".

His partner and captain of the Bird of Prey calls himself Myllo Xyllo, even tho that may not be his real name.  He has no recollection of any memories past the fifteen years he and Byn have been partners.  His very first memory is of Byn finding him in the cockpit of the BoP, alone in an unused storage hanger.  The ship was registered to a "Myllo Xyllo", but no descriptions of said figure could be found anywhere.  He's not even sure what species he is...existing in a number of states.  His body appears to be flesh and blood, his hands are mechanical and he doesn't seem to have a head!  There is only a containment bowl with a gaseous cloud floating in it.  He doesn't require food or sleep.  His voice eminates from a pair of speakers imbedded into the containment bowl and leave him with an odd, "auto-tuned" voice.

Byn's real metal earrings:

Trying to capture the "smoke" effect in the bowl:

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2012, 07:53:28 PM »
Those are GREAT! I love the concept of Mylio Xylio!  A cyborg/ethereal being... now THERE'S something you don't see every day!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2012, 09:24:50 PM »
Nice Job on the smugglers mate.. they look great. I like the colors, it gives them a vintage feel for some reason..  :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2012, 10:09:20 AM »
Once again what a great entry DO. On the front page. I am just amazed at the custom goodness I am seeing here today.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »
DO, awesome entry man, I love both of those guys! Myllo has so much personality and the ear rings are a very nice touch. Byn Kasz is a great first mate! Great parts choice for him and I love the semi steam punk or Victorian look!

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2012, 03:56:14 PM »
FINALLY THIS IS MY ENTRY........

HELLO MY FRIENDS SORRY THE DELAY LONG TRIPS AREN´T FUNNY  ;D ;D ;D

HERE'S MY ENTRIE OF SMUGGLERS

Dreil  & Erandy

I HOPE YOU LIKE

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2012, 03:58:58 PM »
Sweet! Nice to see someone else use Baroness as a base body! Great job!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2012, 04:05:12 PM »
well for many reasons that body it´s a great option to custom, I was thinking in a female MU but aren't superarticulated as the GI JOE figure at least for now  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2012, 07:41:40 PM »
Nice looking team Mando!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2012, 07:53:29 PM »
Another great entry! Love the articulation and look of your Smugglers!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2012, 09:01:47 AM »
With only 3 more days to go, please don't forget to send your favourite image to me at hangarbay94@hotmail.co.uk

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »
Time for a front page update. This has been a great contest. I can't wait to see who gets the top vote. Make sure you email your best pic to Jules!