Author Topic: CUSTOM SMUGGLER CONTEST - THREAD NOW CLOSED - ENTRIES TO BE IN BY THE 17TH..  (Read 26826 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: December - January 2012 CUSTOM SMUGGLER CONTEST
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 11:13:31 AM »
Now THAT is how you start a 'Yards contest!  VEEEEEERY nice!!!

My duo has no female in sight, nor any Mandos - so it'll be something different from my more recent works!!  ;D

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 12:27:56 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o I think I´m love  ;) ;) woooow great entry, I love Pantera great custom  0/ 0/ 0/ 0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 02:53:44 PM »
I sure hope once this is over Jules will give us the recipe for Pantera as I agree with Mandalore she is drop dead gorgeous.

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 06:26:36 PM »
Saw these and freaked!! Jules - You're work on this latest set of characters is exceptional! The details, colors and shadows all work with one another and the great photography brings these small figures to life! Great work!!! Looking forward to what the other talent on this forum will bring to the table!! :)

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 11:19:47 PM »
WOW, she is just great - superb work, Jules!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 08:01:10 AM »
Thanks guys for the thumbs up! I have taken some customising advice from Yakface and alsobeen inspired by SithFire's unbelievable creations.

I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone else has in store!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
Stunning paint job on that figure Jules!

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 07:40:37 PM »
Really nice job on those two!! WOW!  :o

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 11:43:21 PM »
Wow! Awesome work HB94! Way to kick off the contest! I am pleased to say I'm am pulling out all the stops on this one. Bringing sexy back with  My smuggler character which is by far my most intricate detail oriented figure to date. Can't wait to see what else everyone comes up with!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2011, 06:11:38 PM »
Jules! Amazingwork!  What head is that on your fem smuggler?? 

Alright guys... Ive got an idea for this contest...

So who were the "smugglers" of the olden days?  Pirates....  Expect a swashbuckling super articulated duo from me!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2011, 03:49:05 AM »
Thanks Spuda!

It's a Jarael head and upper body.

I'm looking forward to seeing other entries! swashbuckling sounds like a great idea!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »
Well I've been working my butt off on these figures. my inspirations came from (possibly the sexiest cyborg ever) Aphrodite IX for one of them, from Marvel's Hepzibah, and from 2 characters I co-created with a friend for a fan fiction we were writing. These are by far my most detailed and process intensive figures I've done yet. I am proud to say I utilized Spuda's Boil and Pop method for these and it was extremely helpful! I also used Yakface's recommendation to use an airbrush gloss medium with my white paint to help it dry smooth and less chunky/chalky. That also worked wonders! I finished my Cathar figure in under 7 hours from start to finish.

Check my Custom figure thread for more photos!

So without further ado I present Only the sexiest cyborg and Cathar team in the galaxy!

Vixxen Tang grew up in streets of Coruscant. Abandoned as a young girl she learned to pick-pocket to survive. She was taken under the wing of a wealthy woman who had amassed her riches by working as a con woman. Learning all she could as the woman's apprentice she eventually set out on her own pulling cons, stealing merchandise and selling it, smuggling goods to and from wealthy collectors and politicians. Often using her sex appeal and charms as well as her guile to get the better of her marks she soon bought a very reliable and fast ship with lots of cargo space. Against her better judgment she took a job that seemed to be too good to be true and payed a big price. Losing her left eye and the use of her right hand in a fighter-shuttle crash, she used her newly amassed wealth to replace them with cybernetics. Equipped with a newly implanted robotic forearm she had 4 atachments created to use in her dangerous line of work. A battle droid class grasping hand, a high powered cutting saw, an arc welder, and a heavy blaster cannon attachment bristling with all sorts of weapons. Her eye patch is outfitted with a multi spectrum optics system that allows her to see in ultra-violet, infrared, heat, and x-ray. Some days she feels the value of her new hardware, and others she hates being half machine. She also carries 2 DL-44 baslter pistols so she's never "unarmed".

Vixxen met her life mate and second in command in her smuggler crew, Myysha, a fellow smuggler and expert fighter both armed or unarmed, in a cantina on Cathar. Myysha, tho in some ways she passes for a Cathar, but is only half Cathar, her father was a Togorian, another race of feline humanoids. With lightning fast reflexes and extra honed senses Myysha is a natural body guard and strikes with the deadly silence of an assassin. She's also an excellent fighter pilot. Offering Myysha a job that she accepted immediately the two began a life long friendship. Armed with a plasma pulse rifle, a DL-44 blaster, a samurai sword, and her razor sharp claws and fangs, Myysha packs a sexy punch. She also carries a stun collar on her belt, and she wears a septum piercing in her nose--a cultural symbol some Cathar wear.

Currently Vixxen and Myysha have been buying the lightsabers Aurra Sing collects from slain Jedi and smuggling them back to the Jedi temple to give back to the council so that they can be recycled or given to the slain Jedi's pupils.

Myysha:

DSC_2809

DSC_2813

DSC_2815

DSC_2818

DSC_2822

Vixxen Tang:

DSC_2823

DSC_2830

DSC_2838

DSC_2842

DSC_2852

DSC_2856

DSC_2863

DSC_2867

DSC_2868

DSC_2879

Can't wait to see what else you guys come up with! Good luck to all who enter and thanks to Jules for this contest!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2011, 12:18:59 AM »
@ActionFigEmpire

These are awesome figures man, and for the time it took you....I'm impressed. Love the miniskirts and the weapons case is a sweet touch on the details.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2011, 12:35:41 AM »
great job on these buddy.i knew they'd come out looking sweeter then yoo hoo.love Vixxen,the cyborg arm is very cool with all it's awesome accessories.Myysha is also very cool.you made them come to life in the photos,and their backstory.I really get a feel of who they are,and how they really fit well in the Star Wars universe. ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »
Awesome entry AFE. Ofcourse I had to put those two on the front page.