Author Topic: Target Exclusive ARC-170 Starfighter  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Target Exclusive ARC-170 Starfighter
« on: May 27, 2009, 08:59:47 AM »
Thanks to a fellow shipyarder,"thanks again, John" I was able to acquire this version of the Arc 170 that I had been looking for and hadn't found yet.
First off, what a great looking package on this one. The box art is excellent and makes one wonder weather or not the box should be opened or just displayed as is. I couldn't resist though and opened this one up like a Christmas present.
The fighter is well packed as they always are and the individually wrapped parts are well secured and easy to find and assemble using the easy to read instructions. This ship features, a stunning paintjob, two opening canopies with seating for three"two in the front and a tailgunner for the back", opening x-foils, a rotating tail gun, firing missiles from the wingtips, one retractable landing gear, and two bombs that are triggered to drop from a trap door that is triggered from the well thought out and placed retractable handle with trigger that swings down from a trap door in the bottom of the fuselage. Of all of the ROTS era ships, this is one of the most correctly scaled to the 3 3/4 figure size along with the Jedi Star Fighters, in my opinion. This is defiantly my favorite release of the arc-170 and will be a proud addition to my ship collection.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Target Exclusive ARC-170 Starfighter
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:01:22 AM »
more pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 09:03:16 AM »
more pics
I forgot to mention that, of course, an astromech does not fit deep enough in the droid socket on the ship for it too look right.
I will get a pic of this when I can.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 09:37:34 AM »
Sweet ship. Bummer about that droid socket though. I wondered about that.  Have they gotten the droid socket correct for any ship?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 10:04:28 AM »
Just the new delta JSF as far as I know, buddy.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 10:18:07 AM »
I'll likely get one to go with my gunship of the same style.  And hey - with the prevalence of build-a-droid parts, you can easily hack up whatever you need to so that it does fit right - visually, at least.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 11:46:13 AM »
I have a whole box of those r2 candy toppers that work for inserts into the ROTs jsf or the arc 170 just ready to paint or render battle damage to. Have I shown those to you yet, Doc?

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 03:17:08 PM »
 :o

no.....

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 09:17:56 PM »
While the Deco on this is very cool I couldn't bring myself to buy one, I have ROTS version and it's fine for me.
Now they can repaint Gunships all they want! ;D  As long as they aren't wally's Exlcfuckupxives!