Author Topic: YakFace: Cast 1:18th melted Vader Helmet 4/14/16 page24  (Read 43954 times)

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
Re: YakFace is now doing custom Star Wars figures!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 06:45:22 PM »
that is a great custom rancor,and probably one of the first i've seen,I knew you would do a great shackle and the paint work is awesome.like we've talked about,the time you've put into him shows,and it's really paying off,and would look great in anyones collection.sweeter then yoo hoo.  ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2011, 09:42:25 AM »
Best custom Rancor I have ever seen. Very nice.

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2011, 02:38:35 PM »
Awesome guys! Thanks for all the huge compliments on my Rancor, I have been totally inspired to bust out some more great Star Wars customs because of this site and community! I will have some new pictures of my current project soon, it's everyones favorite gangster slug!

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 08:08:26 PM »
Okay so I made a new drool strand for my Rancor and it's waaaay better than what I had before, thanks to Luke Sprywalker for making me improve it!

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2011, 08:11:52 PM »
And a small update on my Jabba's throne that I'm working on, I made a sweet Salacious crumb custom that I think came out perfect. I made it using parts from the Power of the Jedi Ammanaman pack in and custom sculpted the rest.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »
don't you just love that.when someone sees something awesome or yours,but just needs a slight tweak,and lets you know,it helps a lot,otherwise they wouldn't have said anything.I got some great advice from Doc outlands here,and my mando already looks better.the Rancor drool does look better,and our customs can always use some improving.I go back to mine even after I think thier done when I get something new,and bring them back to the drawing board until I'm 100% happy.still can't wait to see that thing finished.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2011, 08:23:24 PM »
oh,posted to early,sorry Yak,nice Sal B crumb too.looks 10x better then any I own.which I like to do as well,updating figures Hasbro made,but just needs a bit of the customizers magic touch.

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2011, 08:30:38 PM »
oh,posted to early,sorry Yak,nice Sal B crumb too.looks 10x better then any I own.which I like to do as well,updating figures Hasbro made,but just needs a bit of the customizers magic touch.

Yeah I love that Hasbro can usually get 80% of the figure looking great and I can add the extra 30% to make it 110% awesome! I can't wait to show you more of what I have going on with my Jabba but it's a bit too early for pictures if you ask me. Again this site and community make me want to push myself to do better and it's a great pay off to hear all the feedback and comments. More custom goodness to come so stay tuned! P.S. would anyone want some modeling tips/painting tips from me? Been thinking of doing some tutorials but I'm not sure if people would dig, let me know.

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2011, 08:40:58 PM »
Okay so I have one more tiny update with my Jabba theme customs, I'm not really sure how this site handles nudity so I sensored my work. So if it's cool to let Oola's goods show I will update with a XXX pic but not until I get the okay! LOL

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2011, 05:22:49 AM »
Yes! Now that is what I am talking about! Excelent execution on that Rancor drool! haha It really makes a huge difference in the realism department! That Rancor is now...perfect!

Great work on Crumb as well, he looks like he stepped right out of the film!

Oola is looking great and I can't wait to see what you are cooking up for her! The nude figure is no problem as long as you have not painted in her girlie parts. haha

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2011, 12:13:35 PM »
Yes the Rancor is superb!

Crumb is excellent! The new additions make him stand out better.

Oola, LOL. She's the first nude 3 3/4 action figure, I bet it was hard to whether or not to post her.

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2011, 08:14:28 PM »
Oola progress shots! I did a bit of chop and sculpt to the head tenticles and extended her neck. I hated how she had a stumpy neck it really took away from the figure in my opinion so I fixed it! And there were a few other tiny details that I added like the chin strap for the headdress and making the "metal" detail on the head stand up more. Tell me what you guys think so far and dont be shy about your real opinions so if you think something just aint working let me know!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2011, 04:37:42 AM »
The detail work on oola is impressive. Yeah, feel free to post some tutorials if you want. As you can already tell, one of the great parts about our community is that we are here to help each other as well as to drool over each other's work.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011, 06:09:36 AM »
Ooh yea, looking good so far. I agree about the neck lenght, that has bothered me as well. Can't wait to see her come together!

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2011, 02:26:49 PM »
 >:( I hate when we have to do things like that.a figure can be near perfect,but something as stupid as having a gimpy hand or a short neck,or swivel arms can ruin them aesthetically,and we have to use all our powers to fix them.ARGH!great job thus far though,and I can speak for all of us to say we're all excited to see how it all turns out.