Author Topic: New Legacy figure pics  (Read 8452 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: New Legacy figure pics
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 06:50:53 AM »
We can do that. Lickety split-like. As soon as I find a needa.

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 09:06:20 PM »
I think Needa would have turned out alot better if they'd have gave him Janek Sunber's legs! Hopefully when they get to Piett and the others they do!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »
thanks to rebelscum for these images

I like the look of those BAD parts. I may have to pick up this whole line.
Not shown, bespin security guard, luke snowspeeder pilot, and the ice cream man."what was his name?'

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 08:13:44 PM »
All are great looking figs...but did anyone else notice that 3 of the 4 figs seem to come with the same BAD left leg of an HK or YVHK droid?
I will probably get all 4 but would just wonder about the BAD parts released with each.
The concept Snowie looks like a SW/Samurai cross... and finally an ATAT Driver with real articulation. Pretty cool looking R2, but I cant place where it is from off the top of my head.
Zuckuss is one of my favorite loser second tier characters from lots of the comics and EU novels as well and I look forward to getting my hands on a better articulated version also.
All solid buys for me.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:46:17 PM by dana.raye.smith »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 06:54:27 AM »
Oh yeah, one of each from this wave please with multiple drivers!

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 07:23:52 AM »
Where's my Rumsleg?  :-[

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 09:23:31 PM »
found these two images of some upcoming figures over at rebelscum.com

How about this phase 1 darktrooper and the new space trooper?

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 09:28:51 PM »
I see ... piecesparts!  I see a Mando vibrogaunt in the making!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »
Is that darktrooper a droid?

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 06:31:35 AM »
It's just too damn bad Hasbro focuses so much on creating new figures without putting ANY effort into making sure they actually get out into stores where they can be purchased.

Seriously - GET THE TPM WAVE OUT ALREADY!!!

I am sick to death of going from store to store looking for my #&@$* Rumsleg - why is it so hard to distribute the product?

Ugh, rant over. I am beyond exasperated with the utter lack of new toys lately...

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 06:45:15 AM »
My wife's store has full pegs of the Basic/Saga Legacy figs (old pkging) but very little new stuff coming in.  She talked to the person in charge of toys and was told restock ain't gappenin' because figs aren't moving.  Well, I can help them out there and explain it - when half your figs are CW C-3po & IG-86 & Legacy Ak Rev and Yarna dal'sixtits, NO you aren't gonna move figs!  The NEW waves, of which they stocked 2 boxes - FLASHED thru the store.  I helped.  Seriously, they went from peg to GONE in under 2 weeks.  Distribution is not Hasbro's fault - the stores are slow to restock because they got stuck with a load of crap figs no one wants - and that IS Hasbro's fault.Plus, I think the toy depts don't fully understand how Hasbro releases new waves of new figures that people WILL buy and buy in a hurry.  I've not seen ANY of the HK BAD wave at my two local WalMarts - prolly because they are still overstocked with Yarna's and IG-86's.  Heck, you'd have trouble moving those on ebay for a buck!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 07:31:45 AM »
I don't know about your wife's store, but I do know most major retailers do not order individually from their own store...a corporate buyer does.  They look at past orders and sales rates at different markets and order based on that.  A person with usually NO clue what they're ordering orders for the entire chain and we're stuck with it all!  I once ordered an entire case of figures from Entertainment Earth, the Force Unleashed wave, and was never happier.  Perhaps we should start doing that as a group...

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 10:04:08 AM »
Yeah, points taken, I know it is a complex issue, but to me, it's a broken system that needs to be fixed.

I see no reason why they cannot adopt the business model of the DVD. Those things have hard release dates and I always know I can walk into a Target, Walmart, etc and buy one the day it is scheduled to be released. I'm sure they don't sell out of every single DVD every week! So obviously they are able to manage their flow of inventory so they don't get drowned in backstock. Why can't they do this with toys?

And also, with DVD's EVERY STORE GETS THE SAME ONES. You don't have to drive to 10 different stores to find the one you want. AND they order more than single pack cases of each DVD, because you know, MORE THAN ONE PERSON might actually want one.

I swear, it would revolutionize the whole pasttime for collectors.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 12:31:46 PM »
McMetal, that's why EE and such do a grand business.  Phatty, you might be right...
* DocOutlands files for a business license as "Imperial Shipyards Personnel Office, a toy store" and launches a smashingly successful members-only toy-club

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 02:52:16 PM »
McMetal, that's why EE and such do a grand business.  Phatty, you might be right...
* DocOutlands files for a business license as "Imperial Shipyards Personnel Office, a toy store" and launches a smashingly successful members-only toy-club

What a great idea.......Quartermaster position available.....send resume care of ISY.... ;D