Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 133034 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Spuda's customs (end of hiatus, pg 45)
« Reply #675 on: June 15, 2015, 04:15:21 AM »
I like that Spec. Ops Trooper. Off to share.

I like that work on your Swoop Rider too. I will use that to do a contest update tomorrow.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #676 on: June 15, 2015, 08:20:34 AM »
"The circle is now complete..." It's funny you inspired me into this hobby with your vids and now I inspired you! The truth about the Halo head is it belongs to a four or five inch figure so its smaller than I wanted but yours will look more like how it should. I didn't have those figures you were using when I made mine but I might use your recipe if I redo this character. Just make resin casts of the helmet when done please. 

Also for the swoop I showed Hemble about the Swoop I made from a goowill find it a TMNTmotorcycle from a few years back the one I have is Raphs but the other 3 turtles have their own if you look on ebay might find some but not the current line oftrtles due to the vehicles too small.

Haha, yeah, Inspiration comes from all around us!  I liked your recipe, the boots on yours are closer to the original than using the scout trooper boots like I have...

As for the swoop I did buy a 1:12th scale motorcycle at TRU yesterday and ripped it apart.... I was going to use it as a base and build around it, but I don't think it will be as close to the original as I want it to be so I'll eventually scratch build the entire bike.   I may still use the motorcycle to create another swoop or speeder though.

Thanks for the compliments.  I don't know if I'll ever get around to molding or casting these parts as I haven't bought the silicone in ages...  but I might eventually (I'd like to mold all the 6 inch figure's helmets and especially my mcquarrie fett helmet).

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #677 on: June 15, 2015, 08:58:34 PM »
progress, please excuse the crappy images... I'll take better ones in my light box when I'm done.

Also made him a custom blaster.

The sight of which can rotate up or down.  It'll be down to be holstered.

I'll be making a custom set of straps and holster for this guy to match the original toy's look.  The helmet isn't perfect... but it's pretty good for not having done any sculpting in months and not having anything to look at other than low quality internet images of the original figure (I can't find mine anywhere!)

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #678 on: June 15, 2015, 11:06:57 PM »
 bbfetwere did the gun come from!? Figure looks good alot more true to the source than mine.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #679 on: June 16, 2015, 08:35:24 AM »
Looks good to me. Off to share.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #680 on: June 16, 2015, 08:44:36 AM »
bbfetwere did the gun come from!? Figure looks good alot more true to the source than mine.

The gun is a heavily modified boba fett rifle.  And thanks.  I liked your paint scheme better... what did you use for the lighter color portions?   I was going to use "sand" but mine was dried up/gone so I mixed my own blend of yellow/dark tan/ leather/ white... I'm not 100% happy with it.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #681 on: June 16, 2015, 12:01:02 PM »
Finished the rider today.  Next will be creating the swoop from scratch for the contest.

The straps and belt are all custom made from some faux leather which was originally black, but I painted with leather.  The holster was made by wraping a piece of this material around the gun and then supergluing it in place.   The buckles are just pieces of plastic for sale sign painted with black then silver. 

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
Re: Spuda's customs (Swoop Rider, pg 46)
« Reply #682 on: June 16, 2015, 01:02:20 PM »
Total win I would really want a copy of helm. The paint i used was a spray can. I have to find it in closet to tell you what kind

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #683 on: June 16, 2015, 03:19:02 PM »
Total win I would really want a copy of helm. The paint i used was a spray can. I have to find it in closet to tell you what kind

Maybe after I get my summer pay-check (As a teacher I only get one check for june and july) and I can analyze my budget I might go get some silicone and resin to start making helmet copies.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #684 on: June 16, 2015, 03:51:50 PM »
Great job spudafett cant wait to see the swoop bike !

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #685 on: June 17, 2015, 01:51:37 AM »
The Special operations trooper and Swoop Biker look excellent and great work on the sculpting.

Ron

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #686 on: June 17, 2015, 04:09:38 AM »
On the Special Ops trooper the thigh armor looks restricting have you thought about trying to replace it with Tie pilot thighs?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #687 on: June 17, 2015, 07:49:51 AM »
Oh yeah, great update on the rider. Off to share.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #688 on: June 17, 2015, 09:10:52 AM »
On the Special Ops trooper the thigh armor looks restricting have you thought about trying to replace it with Tie pilot thighs?

I don't think those thighs would be compatible with the knees of the storm trooper (or vice versa).  The storm trooper's legs are quite spindly and thin compared to the tie pilot and scout trooper.   I like the full lower armor on this guy though, so I'm gonna leave it as is.  Not to mention it was a royal pain getting the torso back together on these guys and I don't want to have to break that open again!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #689 on: June 17, 2015, 09:12:03 AM »
The Special operations trooper and Swoop Biker look excellent and great work on the sculpting.

Ron

Thanks Ron, mean's a lot.  My sculpting skills are pretty lacking and although I'm sure yall think it looks fine all I can see are the places I screwed up and didn't get things even or symmetrical.