Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 133015 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Spuda's customs (p40 6inch jango)
« Reply #615 on: October 04, 2014, 11:14:37 PM »
Awesome job on that Jango. I'm sure you got Hasbro beat with whatever they make.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p40 6inch mara jade)
« Reply #616 on: October 06, 2014, 08:48:29 PM »
I picked up this marvel figure a while back from walmart for 9 bucks clearance:

I knew I wanted to do a star wars custom with it, and mara jade seemed like a good fit (it was suggested by a few people on FB as well)

So, I boil-n-popped the figure's arms apart and spray painted skin tone on them... and re-painted the entire figure black.  I created a holster and belt from faux leather.  I made her shoulder straps with the same material and wire.  Finally, I crafted a custom lightsaber out of scrap parts.

And here ya go:

What do you all think?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:50:59 PM by spudafett »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Spuda's customs (p42 6inch Mara Jade)
« Reply #617 on: October 07, 2014, 08:45:23 AM »
Wow, she looks great. Definitely an improvement over the three and three quarter version they gave us in Wave II of the newer Black Series three and three quarter inch scale. Off to the front page.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #618 on: October 07, 2014, 11:47:40 AM »
Awesome! What's the name of that Marvel figure?

Offline THE MAD JAWA

• Ensign
« Reply #619 on: October 07, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »
Dude! Excellent work!  DH

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #620 on: October 07, 2014, 01:36:01 PM »
Awesome! What's the name of that Marvel figure?

It's marvel's Hope Summers.  I didn't alter the figure in any way other than paint and a few minor details.  The cape even came with her!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #621 on: October 07, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »
This is the middle sized wall-e from the new disney toys at TRU. The little guy was already articulated with 5 points. One in each hand to open and close the fingers, on swivel/ball at the shoulder, and one swivel joint at the base of the head. There is another point where the neck connects to the box but it doesn't swivel due to the way it is installed.

I was dissapointed that there wasn't at least a wrist swivel so that he could rotate his hands... So I took and cut them off where the yellow meets the smaller cylinder of the wrist, drilled them out and inserted a peg to allow them to rotate at the wrist. With a long enough peg inserted in there (will be re-doing) He can even extend his arms out farther.

I also added a ball joint at the connection of the head and neck using a strait pin. this added a ton of movement for the head!

I have plans on further making this little guy better by re-engineering how the arms are attached to the body and allowing for a fuller range of motions as seen in the movie.

I also want to remove the treads (I already popped them off the body) and re-engineer the legs of wall-e to give him more freedom of movement there as well. This is just a matter of finding the right parts, and I believe transformer parts will be the answer. This also goes for his neck, which should have more range of movement in my opinion.

Also, I created a boot with a plant in it... just for kicks.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #622 on: October 07, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »
I like the WALL-E mod!  Straight pin is a great idea for a ball joint.  I need to weather mine a bit, too.  Potentially a fun little Easter egg to a sandcrawler diorama.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #623 on: October 08, 2014, 02:21:49 AM »
Looks great Devin, way to put the action back in action figures yet again. Off to share.

Offline THE MAD JAWA

• Ensign
« Reply #624 on: October 08, 2014, 08:05:36 AM »
Oh wow, the boot! Now I need t make myself a damn boot.  DH

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
    • CloneTroopr's Customs FaceBook Page
« Reply #625 on: October 08, 2014, 09:54:07 AM »
That Mara is AMAZING!

Customs Thread: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7528.0
FaceBook Page: CloneTroopr's Customs

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #626 on: October 08, 2014, 09:44:43 PM »
Wall-e is cool, some working treads would make him perfect.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #627 on: October 09, 2014, 12:06:24 PM »
Wall-e is cool, some working treads would make him perfect.

At this scale, Meh.  Not a big deal for me.  Larger scales, yes, they need working tread.
I would at least like to get the "legs" working to give him a little more expression.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #628 on: October 10, 2014, 07:44:46 PM »
Love the wall-e mods! That was such a cool film.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p42 6inch snow scout)
« Reply #629 on: October 18, 2014, 08:31:59 PM »
I was inspired by Halicon's 6inch snow scout to go ahead and convert one of my 6 inch scouts into  my own version of the snow scout.

I was lucky enough to come across a damaged scout trooper at target the other day and get it for a nice 30% off.  The box was mangled pretty badly and the visor was of course warped pretty bad, as well as the front end of the speeder bike looked like it was falling off...   of course, for a customizer and an opener none of these things mattered!

I got to work on it earlier today, spray painted the speeder and got to work on the figure while it dried. 

I removed the scout trooper's shoulder pads and created new ones from styrene which are larger and follow the general pattern of the snow trooper's shoulder pads.  I use a lighter to heat the plastic then form it into the bent and curved shoulder pad shape.  I did the same thing to two small pieces of plastic to give the trooper armor on the back of the hands. 
I added a hose from the helmet's mouthpiece back to the backpack to serve as a air/heat exchange for the cold blizzard temperatures. 

On the bike I removed every part I could (this one wasn't glued together well which worked in my favor) and re-painted it.   I popped off the sculpted pack on the back end and replaced it with some GI-joe fodder.  I like the little radio antenna especially well... I always figured that scout troopers would need some good long range comm devices anyway.  Reading up onthe snow scout wikipedia said that they would have a heat generator on the bike as well that would connect to their suits to keep them warm while they flew through the frigged air of frozen worlds...  so I added a small greeblie and another clear hose which tucks up under the torso armor of the trooper while he's on the bike.

ok, enough explination: