Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 134920 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p35, MOVIE FALCON WIP)
« Reply #525 on: April 14, 2014, 05:35:48 PM »
Finished up Facon's main figure.
Still haven't gone back and re-done the wings.  I honestly don't know if I will.  The printouts look pretty decent IMHO.

So... what do you guys think? 

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Spuda's customs (p36, MOVIE FALCON FINISHED)
« Reply #526 on: April 15, 2014, 12:19:24 AM »
Wow!!!  Nice work.  Got to say, a lot can be done with other material, not just plastics.  Although it would be nice, it's nice to know we have options.   I once used playdoh for a saddle.  Didn't have any of the standard material a lot of folks use.  But it worked.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #527 on: April 15, 2014, 02:45:01 AM »
I think the wings work pretty good on this too. I might take a marker or something and color the edges to get rid of the white on em, but other than that I think I would use em too.

I overloaded the front page today, but this will get up there soon.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #528 on: April 15, 2014, 07:45:41 AM »
I think the wings work pretty good on this too. I might take a marker or something and color the edges to get rid of the white on em, but other than that I think I would use em too.

I overloaded the front page today, but this will get up there soon.6

Using a marker on the edges is a great idea.  I had thought about doing that when I first glued the two halves together but I forgot about it!  Thanks for the reminder tamer

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #529 on: April 15, 2014, 05:48:32 PM »
You did an execellent job on Falcon especially the wings.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #530 on: April 16, 2014, 02:48:11 AM »
I think if you do that Devin there is no way most folks will be able to tell they aren't plastic. I love the application for this and think it could easily be differentiated to make a wide range of wings for a wide range of customs. This is now on the front page.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #531 on: April 17, 2014, 08:27:42 PM »
Mythos obi wan with Alec Guinness head;

IDK why, maybe to me Alec will always be the one true obi-wan, but this head makes the figure.  The customer (FinntheHuman on facebook) went the extra mile and found that old ben head and it works perfectly... it makes the figure.  I'll be honest.  I'll be sad to see this one leave.  with this new head option it proved to be one of my favorite star wars customs I've ever done.  I'm very proud of this one, and I hope he enjoys it when he gets it! 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #532 on: April 17, 2014, 09:03:33 PM »
I loved the recipe that Darth Optimus showed off for his Civil War era ghost rider.   I realized after I saw that figure that I had all those parts laying around not doing anything and that I should make that figure... I had actually purchased several cast resin skulls months ago with the sole intent of doing several ghost rider figures!

So after a little research it turns out there was a civil war era ghost rider story about a confederate soldier who seeks vengence against murderers who kill his best friend, a former slave....  but in the story (from what I can figure out from wikipedia) he only meets up with a ghost rider who is trying to kill the same men he is seeking....

what if instead the confederate soldier becomes the ghost rider?

I based my paint scheme off of some images of real confederate uniforms I found via google....

and of course from Darth Optimus's recipe which was an ingenious use of that Cobra comander/ crimson guard torso! 

So here you go:

I found a great little pack of hot glue at wal-mart that was neon colored.  There was several sticks of yellow in the package and it worked PERFECT for making the flames.  The secret is to make them sparingly...  I did a test of it at first and it came out looking like clown hair!  anyway, I used a hot glue gun and dabbed the flames on one at a time while holding the figure upside down, gravity pulled the ends down while they cooled and hardened and I turned it back upright they stayed!   Then I painted the tips with clear red paint.

I really like the way this turned out.  What do you guys think?

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
Re: Spuda's customs (p36, civil war Ghost Rider)
« Reply #533 on: April 18, 2014, 02:18:11 AM »
This figure is very cool. Really enjoy the flames  especially on the sword.
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p36, Alejandra blaze)
« Reply #534 on: April 21, 2014, 08:18:30 PM »
The female ghost rider, Alejandra blaze:

admittedly... this is not my best work.  It was a quick custom and I didn't take time to address paint rub issues here and there on the arms and the paintwork is a little sloppy in places.  But... meh... I'll post it anyway.

and the gauntlet and shoulder pad can be removed and placed on the other ghost riders... just for SandGs

well?  what do you guys think?

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
Re: Spuda's customs (p36, Alejandra Blaze)
« Reply #535 on: April 22, 2014, 08:00:46 AM »
Your custom Falcon, Mythos OB1, and Ghost riders all turned out great!  0/

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #536 on: April 24, 2014, 12:06:43 PM »
Man!  I'm diggin' the heck outta these GR figs!  I love the homemade flame effects.  So much so that Imma stop on the way home and see about getting some of the neon-colored glue sticks. 

I say mo' GR, mo' betta!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #537 on: April 24, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »
Man!  I'm diggin' the heck outta these GR figs!  I love the homemade flame effects.  So much so that Imma stop on the way home and see about getting some of the neon-colored glue sticks. 

I say mo' GR, mo' betta!

Glad you liked them!  I saw another one in my research that I'd love to do and that was a plains indian ghost rider... with flaming feather head dress!  Looked awesome.  Flaming tomahawks anyone? 

anyway.  The trick to the hot glue is to use it sparingly, don't over-do it.  Use small blobs and pull it away slowly to let it cool into the flame shape.  It helps to hold the figure upside down while doing this to let gravity pull the flame ends down while they dry, if you don't they might sag and flop over...   

I also recomend getting some clear acrylic paint colors, red, blue and yellow especially.    Using clear hot glue, with those colors painted over it gives some nice effects too.  For more sculptable hot glue use High temp glue in a low temp gun.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #538 on: April 26, 2014, 12:30:59 PM »
Wow, I see I have been missing a few posts. Loved that Confederate GR and even though you might now like that female version you had to admit the skull work flames on the top of the head turned out fantastic! Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #539 on: April 27, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »
Both your mytho Kenobi and Ghost Rider figures are awesome.

Ron