Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135207 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: spudafett: p49- The Foundling
« Reply #735 on: May 04, 2020, 07:34:46 AM »
I agree with Mauldalorian, awesome execution here! The metal paint finish looks superb on his armor! Again, such a great idea!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #736 on: May 04, 2020, 08:10:24 AM »
So awesome. Can't wait to see some training of in the next season.

Off to the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #737 on: May 07, 2020, 11:34:13 PM »
Great looking figures buddy but baby Yoda all grown up and in his own Mando gear is totally lick ass.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #738 on: May 14, 2020, 09:18:11 PM »
The "Foundling" looks really good. The metallic paint turned out well and the execution is excellent.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #739 on: June 22, 2020, 06:58:51 PM »
Took the time to do some model kitbashing and customs today.

First, an old model car I found at an antique store... it looked ripe for a speeder conversion so with some greeblies and resistance x-wing parts I came up with this.  It's 1:8th scale so I stuck Tony Stark in for some photos.  Seems like this would be up his alley.

Then my 6 inch Gi-Joe Scarlet arrived in the mail so I decided to convert her into a new mandalorian.  A pretty straightforward custom.  Repainted jango fett helmet, some greeblies, and a jetpack. 

As I was working on her I opened up the Sabine Wren 6inch figure I had with the prospect of possibly doing some part swapping or molding the helmet...  I decided against any swaps and the helmet was too small to fit over scarlet's head and sculpted hair.  I also tried using a 6inch jango or boba jetpack and they were just too large to look right on the smaller female figures.  That's when I realized that the 1:18 scale (3.75 inch) figure's jetpacks looked about right.  I chose one for scarlet and then drilled a peg hold in the back of Sabine for her's.  I think this looks pretty good.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 07:02:32 PM by spudafett »

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
Re: spudafett: p50- Scarlet and Sabine
« Reply #740 on: June 23, 2020, 04:25:30 AM »
I like that speeder conversion,with classic but also sci-fi look to it
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #741 on: June 23, 2020, 06:53:02 AM »
OH yeah, great Speeder. I could so see Tony flying that one.

I thought she would make a great female Mando base and you proved it. I agree with you that rocket pack works for Sabine. That Scarlett is rad. I like her a lot.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #742 on: July 02, 2020, 04:42:43 PM »
Great use of the Scarlet figure! She fits in the Mandalorian world nicely. That speeder is really cool, outstanding work.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #743 on: July 07, 2020, 04:58:16 PM »
High altitude Mandalorian?  Mando pilot?  Idk, it just looks cool...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #744 on: July 07, 2020, 05:13:47 PM »
Range Trooper 2.0

I liked my modified at-at driver using the range-trooper gear so much I wanted to do a snowtrooper version.  Thanks to finding a snowtrooper at an antique/collectibles store and a 17.00 rangetrooper from amazon I was able to do that today. 

Getting the snowtrooper apart was a challenge.  The kama, belt, and pouches were glued in...

I also had to trim down the rangetrooper kama. I did so by slicing it down the seam on each side, trimming away excess, and then gluing it back together once it was small enough to fit around the snowtrooper's smaller waist.  I also added the belt of a regular stormtrooper with holster. 

I envision this as a true "range trooper" in the sense of the Cobra Range Viper lore.  In Gi-joe the range vipers were soldiers sent on long missions with litte provisions, resources, and no back up.  They survived any way they could and only with what they could carry.  In that sense, the Imperial Range Trooper is one that is often sent to frontier outer rim worlds, behind enemy lines, or on missions where the Empire couldn't bring large garrisons.

I also wanted a range trooper that didn't have those ridiculous magnet boots.  Great plot device, and cool af for the movie... but wholly impractical for an actual trooper. 

So, my modified snowtrooper/ rangetrooper:

I did make it so that the helmets could be swapped between the range trooper or the snowtrooper helmets.  I prefer the Rangetrooper's personally... what do you think?

The snowtrooper helmet does NOT work with the fur.... (IMHO)

I gave the train driver/ at-at driver a holster with a tie pilot's blaster.  No reason they shouldn't be armed!

Comparisons

Well, what do you think?  I've enjoyed doing these.  The best part is that I didn't have to paint a single thing!!!!!!!!!  Love it when partswaps work out that way.  I did have some serious issues getting the kama glued back together though...

Offline Flash

• Cadet
Re: spudafett: p50- New Mando and Range Snowtrooper
« Reply #745 on: July 07, 2020, 09:33:33 PM »
Those are really nice. I prefer the mods to the range trooper and I do like his helmet over the snow trooper.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #746 on: July 08, 2020, 05:13:14 AM »
Definitely the Range Trooper head. Very nice. Had to get this on the front page.

I have always thought about adding a tie pilot holster to my AT-AT Driver costume. Might want to rig up a kama and shoulder fur like this too. I think it would look cool.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #747 on: July 08, 2020, 06:20:26 AM »
Definitely the Range Trooper head. Very nice. Had to get this on the front page.

I have always thought about adding a tie pilot holster to my AT-AT Driver costume. Might want to rig up a kama and shoulder fur like this too. I think it would look cool.

That would be sweet.  I've always thought it was odd that the tie pilots got a weapon (in case they got shot down I guess?) but the at-at drivers didn't.  I would think that if anyone was going to survive their machine getting shot down the at-at driver would have the better luck since they aren't in SPACE...   I was considering doing an ankle holster like that of the scout trooper, but decided the at-at driver and tie pilots are too similar and should have the same armament.

The kama and fur wouldn't be that difficult to create for your costume! Make sure to share it if you do!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #748 on: July 09, 2020, 06:36:06 AM »
I mean you have to have an E-11 to be considered legit for the 501st. Evidently Drivers are just supposed to carry theirs all the time. I guess they don't need two hands to drive Walkers?

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #749 on: July 09, 2020, 09:43:04 AM »
AT-AT drivers do have a weapon though(?), just no holster like the modern TIE pilot releases. The vintage figure came with a rifle that he could sling over his shoulder and every release since then has come packed with an E-11. I guess the lack of holster could be attributed to the fact that these guys are operating a massive armored tank that most presume to have few vulnerabilities. In the rare event that it ever went down, I'd just assume they'd snatch a weapon from one of the racks. No doubt a holster would be nice to have at events to keep those hands free.

Anyway, I like your Scarlett Mando and AT-AT driver mashup. I was also thinking that that body looked like a prime base for a mando custom. The DC-17 barrel as wrist rocket is my favorite touch. Also loving the fur on that AT-AT driver. I've been eyeing an AT-AT driver and Range Trooper for a similar conversion, just wish the parts were more compatible for 3.75". Some sawing will be required.